Why are you here??

thornc

Basic and simple question.

Why do you people camme to this place on the first place and why do you keep comming back.

I have posted my reasons several times on other threads, and I will repeat them here later, if enough of you reply and we can have a nice discussion!

mon

Hi Thornc
My personal reason for being on the board is because I really enjoy trying to figure out what numbers are going to come up next draw and I enjoy having a discussion with other people who are trying to do the same thing, my family thinks I am wasting my time but it's something I enjoy and since joining this forum I found other people who share my interest.... :)

Beaker

mon said it well :agree2:

Let them think you are wasting time - when someone hits BIG then we'll have the last laugh. Funny, people I know ask me what numbers to play - as if I'm some expert :rolleyes: People win here and know things about the lotto that others do not. Besides there are many other benefits here - statistics, probabilitiy theory, Excel knowledge, software design and development, and lots of other interesting things posted. Don't forget we always try to have fun.

Not to mention, having players from all over the world come here to contribute is truly awesome.

If we tap into the collective number picking consciousness we can do better. Anyone that doubts this take a look at Maggie's discussion for September 10th - and many many other examples by many many contributors on these boards.

That's not coincidence. :no:
my .02c

Last edited:

Maggie

My sentiments exactly! We all have one thing in common and that's to hopefully win the "big one" someday. I enjoy the comraderie we share here as a group as well and discussing different game strategies with others. We all may have a different perspective on things but in a way we are "one". This is a great forum. :agree2:

daleks

hi, my name is peter, and i am an alcoho.........................

whoops, wrong forum....................:beer: ..........IPA

i am here to steal maggie's numbers and win the lottery.......

whoops............i am here to win the lottery (nice going, maggie)....

i am here because it's there.............................i am here because of my fourth grade crush on a girl named wendy.................

i am here for enlightenment...............although deep down inside, i know the whole thing is silly..........

i am here because it assuages something in what i write which is part of a larger group, and requires some interaction, sort of halfway between the television and the personal face-to-face conversation............

i am here because i enjoy the reactions posted immediately after each draw..............

the forum is just another microcosm in which we live........

i am here to buy brad and combomaniac a beer should i win something worthwhile..........................

Brad

I agree with all of the above

and add this ... where else can you make request for changes to your fave free sw ... WINHunter, LottoStatistics ... or compare notes with LT, Joe Roberts, Tweety Bird and others?
And let's not forget Randal ! :cool:

Short of dancing bears and free champagne this site has almost everything else... advice, humour, animals, blood (see Beakers finger), suspense, royalty, gambling and the odd boxing match (sports?) too ! ;)
... and all the virtual beer you can drink, courtesy of our sailor friend from the gulf island :chug:

Maggie

Thank you for sharing that..it's gotta be a guy thing, huh?? Like who can burp the loudest, who can spit the farthest, and do other loud obnoxious things the best..:sick:

And when you haven't seen each other in a long time, why do you grab each other and pretend like your fighting?? For God's sake, just hug.. :kiss: These guy things, I don't know...

So, what color was it? :)

Ya didn't have to edit it, Beaker, those gory bloody details really didn't bother me. :)

Last edited:

Brad

guy thing?

There's one thing that boys can do that girls can't ... write their names in snow .... nyaah nya nya nyaah nyah! :clown: :) dotting the i's is a special skill that requires hours of practice an gallons of fave beverage :lol:

I first came here for more info about WinHunter, and continue to return to keep up with all the great posts on lottery strategy, systems, excel, etc...

Irvin

I came here to read and share ideas for lotto picks.

As someone somewhere said "Are you a player or a gambler"

I think all of us here would fall under Player.

I CAME HERE BY ACCIDENT...I WAS SURFING ONE NIGHT AND CAME ACROSS THIS SITE ..I THOUGHT TO MYSELF...THESE PEOPLE ARE WACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW...

BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I HAVE HAD MORE FUN AND HAVE COME TO APPRECIATE OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS MORE BY BEING HERE.....

I'M JUST GLAD I FOUND A NICE FRIENDLY PLACE TO HAVE A CHAT AND HOPEFULLY HAVE MADE A FEW GOOD FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY.....:agree:

EXCELLENT SITE LT

IMAGINE....I EVEN HAVE RESPECT FOR RANDAL.... :lol:

i know someone is going to cash in soon ..[maggie ]..i think i have come to admire you the most..you seem to be the most consistent with your comments and predictions..:kiss: ..you will win...:agree:

peter

An interesting question Thornc, but my question to you is, why do YOU want to know why people come here?

peter

I echo, a lot of the comments made already, particularily Lucky strikes.
I first landed here surfing the net looking for info pertaining to the Canadian 649 lotto.
This seemed to be an interesting board, so I joined, and started to post.
Along the way, I met some interesting people here, who also have a passion for lotto 649.
I enjoy the comaroderie, and the sharing of information amongst the people here.
My only disappointment , is not with this board, but rather the fact , that so many people join, but do not join in , on the process, and participate.:wavey:

peter

peter said:
My only disappointment , is not with this board, but rather the fact , that so many people join, but do not join in , on the process, and participate.:wavey:
I.ve often wondered why the lurkers don't post, Why are they here.
I challenge you lurkers, and you know who you are, and tell me why you do not participate.
Perhaps we should start a thread entitled Lurkers, and post the date they lurk, when we see a name at the bottom of the page and they are known not to post, then they get named to the thread.
If the lurkers don't like it, TOUGH COOKIES for them, perhaps they will either leave, or post.

Sidebar