Why are you here??

Randal

Actually Beaker, I'm not qualified to post and don't worry serena, I eat all the lurkers, I knew you weren't one. Otherwise you would've been my many HAPPY meals! :D

Teufellj

Lurkers............?

Peter, why would you suggest that because a person wants to possibly expand their knowledge of esoteric math that is involved in trying to conqueor the mountain called lotto or lottery, that any individual is a lurker? Really now. At my age I have learned the hard way that you always get the lay of the land before you hike out into the open. I know that you are trying to get more outside input into the discussion groups but antaganizing remarks though funny at times, are also arguably put downs too. I do not feel that any insult is intended and none taken. You asked for input and I have acceded to your prompt.

Teufellj

Sheba

Well I have been around this board since 1999 and I must say I have seen many people come and go... I really like all the discussion, opinions and help that I have received....:)

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
--------------------------------------------------------

peter

Teufellj...
The discussion regarding "Lurkers" was one , out of frustration.I understand the need to get the " lay of the land" first. This is not what I was referring to.
When I first joined ,I to lurked, until I felt comfortable enough to post.
But having been here for a few years, the "Lurkers" that I was referring to are the ones that are here continually, and never have anything to say.
Although posting is not a requirement, you are correct in assuming, my motive was to involk more participation.
Hey! my post got you to post, did'nt it?
Welcome to the board, and I look forward to your future posts.
..............................Peter, :wavey:

Teufellj

Lurkers...............?

Hello again, Peter, things were just as I suspected and I note a fast return of reply. This is good! I know something that you probably do too, most people will not promote themselves in public, period. Doesn't matter the reason, it just won't happen most of the time. I didn't believe this problem exhisted yet it does. The thoughts that was in this naive brain was simple at the time of recognizance that, " the people who won't talk in public would surely do so if they can't be seen," boy was I wrong. I have done public speaking for nearly fourty years and I do know what your frustration is all about. You must pretend to yourself that there are no listeners and to presume that what you intend to say to whomever is very important, yet gently bring enough information to the front so the "lurkers" will want to comment on a given thing if for nothing else than to give the self-satisfaction that they are not cowards and can bite back when the situation happens. You will have done two main things, your purpose; to promote ideas about the lottery on this site; and two,....you gave a person self-worth either directly or indirectly.
With all of this preaching and fire breathing out of the way, I am happy to be a participant with this group and hope to draw all kinds of fire so that you and I and the others here have or get morsels of helpful information to digest and return to the forum as a whole to put money in all of our pockets!

Teufellj

Brad

Interesting comparison to public speaking mentioned here. Like many others, I'm not comfortable in that role although I have had to do so many times. One old aid to overcome so called stage fright suggests picturing the audience as being totally naked to gain confidence when on the pedestal. Well, that has not really worked for me but here's the switch: I can be bare-assed writing this post without feeling embarrassed ( not a pretty sight ... thought I put that in to preempt possible strikes ;) )

Cheers :D

Teufellj

Why Am I Here....!

Thank you for the welcoming...quite "Touching" folks..........

I must say, that unless you are a nudist, it would probably be wise to put on tanning lotion . I have heard that unless you are a "redneck" like me that particular color garners all kinds of inuendos however, that state of dress is guaranteed to catch peoples attention. Now to "Why I am here."......I have outlived a few forums that have not matured beyond backbiting, name calling. Basically, with one or two exceptions I have graduated beyond ---Blocks---and Nursery school. This is not to say that there weren't some really advanced people on those sites but they tend to wear a person down mentally.
I have played and worked lottery games for many years, I have learned some valuable things and I also have screwed up big time, but that's the name of the game----win or lose the hard way. I came to this website seeking good, hard resources to put into pratice. I know nonsense when I see it and most of the time I choose not to say anything because many people are new to this theatre and are trying to learn. I say good for them. Gambling math is a weird animal and totally hybrid in comparison with the math that is and was taught in school.
Every so often as you folks well know, something will raise it's head that none of us ever gave thought to and in its simplicity a monetary gem has been born. It's just up to an individual to cultivate what was presented. Once that gem has been understood, the information can then be passed to other learners and even to "Lurkers." I personally am not bothered by benchwarmers simply because I know that what I may have taught them is right at the time and it is up to them to make a $million or fall flat. The point is ---that I have done my thing and this is one of many reasons that I have arrived.

Teufellj

Rebeckah

Teufellj, welcome. I understand what you said about graduating from those other forums that engage primarily in name calling. Unfortunately, for us players who play USA games the USA section hasn't really gotten going over here yet. It gets hot for a moment, then cools down again. I do believe that if we keep posting there more people who also want a more civil, lotto focused usa discussion will join us. I think it was the cat who said: If you build it they will come..... ;)
I'm working on MegaMillions myself. & once I get back to a schedule again I'll resume posting there. & yes, there is much to be learned here like our recent foray into root sums. BTW, Beaker & Peter, did you get my email? I asked LT to fwd it to you.

thornc

TTT!

Just thought that some people need to read what they said here!

I am by nature against confrontation, but some times that is all is left!

Now some open thoughts for all:
* To new posters (newcomers, newbies, whatever).....
This place is a great friendly community once you got to know everyone better, however this doesn't mean that you can come marching in and rock the boat! You have to see this from the older members point of view, they have rotine and they go by that rotine, when you new posters appear you usually upset the rotine and this will make you look bad... just calm down take some time to look how everything works and enjoy... there is plenty of stuff to read and learn!

* To older members ...
Stop being so pushy some times! Just accept the diference, a good shake can be a good thing! Above all focus on what's important. Difference! Differences in ideas, differences in culture, differences in strategies, differences in DNA! Heck without differences with still be stuck jumping from branch to branch in some african forest! No tools, no fire, no wheel, no agriculture, no philosophy, no mathmatics, no electricity, no steam engine, no industry, no technology and certainly no LOTTO!

And remember, there is noone better than anyone else! We are just different! And if you can't accept this, than perhaps you don't belong in civilised global world!!

You can now flame and attack or you can just refrain and think!! You attitude describes you!

Babarlish

Hmmmm!

What is this new message in my crystal ball ?
(wipe, wipe, wipe)

thornc said:
TTT!

Just thought that some people need to read what they said here!

I am by nature against confrontation, but some times that is all is left!

Now some open thoughts for all:
* To new posters (newcomers, newbies, whatever).....
This place is a great friendly community once you got to know everyone better, however this doesn't mean that you can come marching in and rock the boat! You have to see this from the older members point of view, they have rotine and they go by that rotine, when you new posters appear you usually upset the rotine and this will make you look bad... just calm down take some time to look how everything works and enjoy... there is plenty of stuff to read and learn!

* To older members ...
Stop being so pushy some times! Just accept the diference, a good shake can be a good thing! Above all focus on what's important. Difference! Differences in ideas, differences in culture, differences in strategies, differences in DNA! Heck without differences with still be stuck jumping from branch to branch in some african forest! No tools, no fire, no wheel, no agriculture, no philosophy, no mathmatics, no electricity, no steam engine, no industry, no technology and certainly no LOTTO!

And remember, there is noone better than anyone else! We are just different! And if you can't accept this, than perhaps you don't belong in civilised global world!!

You can now flame and attack or you can just refrain and think!! You attitude describes you!

Well said thornc :agree:

Ring the gongs in the temple and burn incense to thornc. The Oracle demands... :angel:

Bab

mirage

Boy, d'all have a lot to say...

I can't believe how many people replied to this question, even though it struck me that it could be construed as disrespectful!

I've only just joined. I don't know much about math, or computers really, but that didn't stop me! So what are y'all afraid of? This board generously provides a space for all sincere types. Take a chance! Be creative! If you don't act, nothing will happen! If you want to get, be prepared to give! I've developed my own systems and ideas and can honestly say that it feels very rewarding when they do work for me (I get $$$), as opposed to taking chances with nothing more than "random" quick pick odds. Even though they might not be contributing to this forum, I'm sure there are people out there (maybe they are on this board, who knows?) who have used various systems to win big($$$$$$). I do have a creative mind and an ability to think outside the boxes. I believe I have things to contribute to this forum. Actually, I echo Peter's sentiments, that lurkers should be somehow tagged, maybe after a while of repeated visting. However, that might discourage some initially timid but potentially excellent participants. :dizzy:

johnph77

The best place to discuss anything about lotteries intelligently and (for the most part) without rancor. I enjoy reading and contributing the little I do.

peter

Well, Mirage, I'm glad your not lurking, your thoughts, and comments, are most welcome.We look forward to your participation, to the forum, Welcome.:wavey:

thornc

Bringing it up!!

It seems most people forgot what they said here!

It's incredible the behaviour that I am seeing around here, heck I don't feel motivated to look at lotto these days but I still come here to see how you people are doing (I feel well when my "friends" are well kind of thing), but I must confess that I seeing to reason to continue doing that!

In my point of view unless you all agree to some code of conduct you can say goodbye to this forum (well, to what this forum used to be and what it used to represent), because like it is now is only going downhill.
Don't you people know how to respect each other? I think I already said this before but it seems that some of you are just 10year olds talking dirt on the Internet on your parents back! It's incredible....
I consider myself to be a comprehensible and patient person but even I am having problems accepting all of this; and since I am not forced to do it, I will just probably do what other persons have done in the past for one reason or another, let it all go!!

To LT, if you let the other forum go in the same path as this has went, I am afraid that you are just send money out of the window for nothing, it seems these people don't appreciate your dedication.

See you all around, maybe I will look at how you are doing when I get pack from holidays in January....

tomtom

Re: Bringing it up!!

thornc said:
It seems most people forgot what they said here!

It's incredible the behaviour that I am seeing around here, heck I don't feel motivated to look at lotto these days but I still come here to see how you people are doing (I feel well when my "friends" are well kind of thing), but I must confess that I seeing to reason to continue doing that!

In my point of view unless you all agree to some code of conduct you can say goodbye to this forum (well, to what this forum used to be and what it used to represent), because like it is now is only going downhill.
Don't you people know how to respect each other? I think I already said this before but it seems that some of you are just 10year olds talking dirt on the Internet on your parents back! It's incredible....
I consider myself to be a comprehensible and patient person but even I am having problems accepting all of this; and since I am not forced to do it, I will just probably do what other persons have done in the past for one reason or another, let it all go!!

To LT, if you let the other forum go in the same path as this has went, I am afraid that you are just send money out of the window for nothing, it seems these people don't appreciate your dedication.

See you all around, maybe I will look at how you are doing when I get pack from holidays in January....

This board is quite OK in my opinion. Sometimes topics look recurring only because of odds and to the highest degree slim chances regarding any decent winning in lottery. If someone posts a sure wining way one day, this board will probably close it's doors, as the lotteries will offer only some quick picks that will probably be unintersting for majority of players . Since there is no a sure winning approach in lottery and newer will be, it’s more than enough if this board helps players by means of some money saving while trying to catch any decent win.

Sidebar