Vtracs for 6/49?

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I think this approach has some merit. As I stated in my previous post, we could cover 45% of the draws with the combinations 1,x,x,x,x,42 ...8,x,x,x,x,49 (with the conversion of the first Vtrac to ONLY the lower number of its pair and the conversion of the last Vtrac to ONLY the higher number of its pair (triple)).
Sorry but I am not following you here!
Are you saying that the first number MUST ONLY be numbers from 01 to 08 and that the sixth number MUST ONLY be numbers from 42 to 49 with the other FOUR being made up from numbers from 09 to 41???

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

And now back to our regularly scheduled progamming!

I have now uploaded v. 12.02 of this file.

The new file includes the following revisions:
- draws have been updated to November 21, 2012. There are now 345 draws in the database;
- I have updated the "Decade Type" analyis to show Decade Type for all 3 ways of breaking the Vtracs into "Decades"

Media Fire - ON 49 Vtracs - v. 12.02

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?87vkyafo6nnbkxe

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
And now back to our regularly scheduled progamming!

I have now uploaded v. 12.02 of this file.

The new file includes the following revisions:
- draws have been updated to November 21, 2012. There are now 345 draws in the database;
- I have updated the "Decade Type" analyis to show Decade Type for all 3 ways of breaking the Vtracs into "Decades"
Excellent work Icewynd.

I have updated my draws history accordingly and come up with exactly the same results as yourself.
I had actually setup three individual sheets for the Decade distributions and had used different formulas etc to get to the results.
If you are interested I could post my latest file for you. It is always interesting to see what formulas other people use to achieve the same results.

Have you any thoughts on the next installment???

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

PAB said:
Excellent work Icewynd.

Thank you, PAB. I value that compliment from the Excel Master!

PAB said:
I had actually setup three individual sheets for the Decade distributions and had used different formulas etc to get to the results.
If you are interested I could post my latest file for you. It is always interesting to see what formulas other people use to achieve the same results.

Yes, please post. I tend to use lookup tables for tasks like this, but it is, as you say, always interesting to see different approaches to the same problem. Three different sheets for the 3 Decade divisions would be easier to read.

PAB said:
Have you any thoughts on the next installment???
I'm about out of ideas for additions to the file and I am thinking that it is time to wrap it up with some summarization of the various analyses that we have already included in the file. If you have any ideas on that front I would be happy to discuss. :beer:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Thank you, PAB. I value that compliment from the Excel Master!
Thank you for your kind words, but like everyone else, I am always continuingly learning.

Icewynd said:
I'm about out of ideas for additions to the file and I am thinking that it is time to wrap it up with some summarization of the various analyses that we have already included in the file. If you have any ideas on that front I would be happy to discuss. :beer:
I too have run out of ideas at the moment, but that's not to say that something might spring to mind for either of us.

Anyway, I have uploaded Media Fire - ON 49 Vtracs - v12.03.

These are the updates/additions that are included:-

Database updated to and including Draw 345
Decades (4x5) + (1x4)
Decades (4x6)
Decades (6x4)
Root Sum Individual (Incl. Bonus) + Root Sum ALL Digits + Digital Root Sum ALL Digits
Root Sum Individual (Excl. Bonus) + Root Sum ALL Digits + Digital Root Sum ALL Digits
Positional (Excl. Bonus)
Positional (Incl. Bonus)
Hot-Cold-Mean (Excl. AND Incl. Bonus)

BTW, I noticed that in your Root Number sheet you have missed off the first TWO draws.

Please have a look at the file and tell me what you think!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9u64qs451hq06s8

I will have a think about what is the best way to streamline all the data.
I did make a start by incorporating all the different scenarios of the Vtrac numbers into the Master Data Tables sheet. That way the individual sheets will lookup this Master Data Tables sheet for the information.
I don't know if it will be better to point all the formulas to this sheet as well though because this will take quite a bit of time and effort to accomplish. What are your thoughts on this???
Alternatively, we could just create a MASTER ANALYSIS sheet that pulls in ALL the data that is needed.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

BTW, for anyone following this thread, I have deleted ALL but the last upload.
I thought I would mention this in case you were trying to download an earlier version and didn't realise why they weren't there.

HAVE FUN!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB. Thanks for doing this!

Thanks for catching the error on the Root Number sheet. Not sure how that happened.

The new spreadsheet is looking good -- I especially liked the additon of the "Actual Sum Totals for a 6/24 Lottery" to the Sums sheet. That's a great idea.

One problem is that the "Missing Decades" summary on each of the decades sheets should point to Columns J thru N, NOT Column Q which is just a count of how many decades are missing.

Perhaps you could also add a shorter time frame to your H-C-M sheet. It is nice to see historical frequencies, but also nice to know what is hot now. Perhaps the frequencies sheet answers that (last 16 draws), or perhaps we could do 25 draws (about 6 months).

I like the Master Data Analysis sheet, but I think I would be easier to read if there was one sheet for Vtracs Excluding Bonus and one for Vtracs Including Bonus. If you pointed the draw information on the Master sheet to the Data sheet the page could be updated just by copying the last row down.

I will have to do some more thinking about the summary sheet. There is lots of additonal information contained on each sheet that wouldn't necessarily be captured by just listing the main analyses on the Master sheet, but I don't have a clear idea right now of how to include that data.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Hi PAB. Thanks for doing this!

Thanks for catching the error on the Root Number sheet. Not sure how that happened.

The new spreadsheet is looking good -- I especially liked the additon of the "Actual Sum Totals for a 6/24 Lottery" to the Sums sheet. That's a great idea.
You're welcome!

Icewynd said:
One problem is that the "Missing Decades" summary on each of the decades sheets should point to Columns J thru N, NOT Column Q which is just a count of how many decades are missing.
Actually Icewynd, that is what I intended because I wanted a count of the missing Decades, that is why I used the data in columns Q, P, & R respectively for the three Decades sheets. I was lazy and copied this from elsewhere in the project and forgot to put valid descriptions in, appologies. I have corrected that now.

Icewynd said:
Perhaps you could also add a shorter time frame to your H-C-M sheet. It is nice to see historical frequencies, but also nice to know what is hot now. Perhaps the frequencies sheet answers that (last 16 draws), or perhaps we could do 25 draws (about 6 months).
I will have to think of the best way to do this because I don't think it is that straight forward.
I think as you quite rightly said, that the Frequencies sheet, or one similar will be the best approach and answer for this.

Icewynd said:
I like the Master Data Analysis sheet, but I think I would be easier to read if there was one sheet for Vtracs Excluding Bonus and one for Vtracs Including Bonus. If you pointed the draw information on the Master sheet to the Data sheet the page could be updated just by copying the last row down.
Yes, I think you are right, it would make it less confusing and easier to read.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Do you mean exactly the same format with regard to having a total of the total times drawn for each number but only go back say 16 or 25 draws???

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I have gone ahead and produced the analysis for the last 25 draws, see what you think!

Media Fire - ON 49 Vtracs - v12.04.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6u9bzswc3vnu6ne

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
I have gone ahead and produced the analysis for the last 25 draws, see what you think!

Thanks for putting this together, PAB. I will have a look and get back to you.

I was also thinking about the conversion of Vtracs back to real numbers. What I was wondering was if the conversion from Vtracs to real numbers favoured one or the other of the number pair attached to the Vtracs. For example, does Vtrac 1 more frequently represent number 1 or number 26, or is is about 50/50?

Theory would dicate the latter, but it would be nice to know if there were any rules that could be applied to Vtrac conversion -- for example always choose the lower number if the Vtrac is <5 and the higher number if the Vtrac is >20.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this matter.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I was also thinking about the conversion of Vtracs back to real numbers. What I was wondering was if the conversion from Vtracs to real numbers favoured one or the other of the number pair attached to the Vtracs. For example, does Vtrac 1 more frequently represent number 1 or number 26, or is is about 50/50?

Theory would dicate the latter, but it would be nice to know if there were any rules that could be applied to Vtrac conversion -- for example always choose the lower number if the Vtrac is <5 and the higher number if the Vtrac is >20.
Do you mean something like this:-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a9zozx94bfbrueq

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I should have added an explanation really for everyone folowing this thread.

The structure pattern is what is expected because of the way the Vtrac numbers are calculated from the Actual numbers using the MOD function and formula associated with it.

The top set of numbers are obviously the Vtrac numbers and the set of numbers down are the Actual numbers pre-conversion.

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
Hi Icewynd,

The structure pattern is what is expected because of the way the Vtrac numbers are calculated from the Actual numbers using the MOD function and formula associated with it.

The top set of numbers are obviously the Vtrac numbers and the set of numbers down are the Actual numbers pre-conversion.

Thanks, PAB!

However, looking at this has helped clarify my thinking. My idea was more along the lines of:

Vtrac 1 count 1, count 26 (You have completed this part)
Vtrac 1 Position 1 count (1,26), Postion 2 count (1,26)

Vtrac 12 count 12, count 37
Vtrac 12 Position 1 count (12, 37), Postion 2 count (12,37), Position 3 count (12, 27) etc.

The idea being that you may be able to convert the Vtrac to one real number over another depending on what position it occupies.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
However, looking at this has helped clarify my thinking. My idea was more along the lines of:

Vtrac 1 count 1, count 26 (You have completed this part)
Vtrac 1 Position 1 count (1,26), Postion 2 count (1,26)

Vtrac 12 count 12, count 37
Vtrac 12 Position 1 count (12, 37), Postion 2 count (12,37), Position 3 count (12, 27) etc.

The idea being that you may be able to convert the Vtrac to one real number over another depending on what position it occupies.
OK!

How would you expect to see say the Vtrac 1 Position 1 count (1,26).
Something like this...

Position 1

[01, 26] = ?
[02, 27] = ?
[03, 28] = ?
[12, 37] = ?
[22, 47] = ?
[23, 48] = ?
[24, 49] = ?

and so on for the other FIVE positions???

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

How about something like this???

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - Vtrac Conversion

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1k5s0e66ms3pegc

What do you want done with the Actual number 25???

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I have amended the file.
Please pay attention to the 24 49 at the bottom because I have included the number 25.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - Vtrac Conversion Amended

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?x1skn842nqq7veh

I think this is closer to what you are after because I have ONLY included if the Vtrac number was 1 as opposed to the Actual number being 1 for example, and the same for the rest.

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
Hi Icewynd,

How about something like this???

Close, but not quite.

As an example look at the draw for 8/12/2009
Drawn numbers: 2,12,13,18,20,43 (17)
Vtracs: 2,12,13,18,20,18 (17)

You will see that Vtrac 18 in the 4th Position translates to the real number 18 but the Vtrac 18 in the 6th Position translates to the real number 43.

I would like to know in which positions, and how often, the Vtrac mainly translates to its lower real number and in which positions it most often translates to its higher real number.

In other words, if you compare the Vtrac in any position with the drawn number in the same position do you have a match, or not? If there is a match the Vtrac converts to its lower associated real number, if no match then it converts to the higher real number.

Perhaps this could be formatted as follows:

--------------P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6
Vtrac 01 01
Vtrac 02 02

PAB said:
What do you want done with the Actual number 25???

Ah yes, 25. I think it will just have to be its own row on the table, unless you can think of some way to lump it in with the 24 and 49.

Hope this isn't too much trouble.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
As an example look at the draw for 8/12/2009
Drawn numbers: 2,12,13,18,20,43 (17)
Vtracs: 2,12,13,18,20,18 (17)

You will see that Vtrac 18 in the 4th Position translates to the real number 18 but the Vtrac 18 in the 6th Position translates to the real number 43.

I would like to know in which positions, and how often, the Vtrac mainly translates to its lower real number and in which positions it most often translates to its higher real number.

In other words, if you compare the Vtrac in any position with the drawn number in the same position do you have a match, or not? If there is a match the Vtrac converts to its lower associated real number, if no match then it converts to the higher real number.

Ah yes, 25. I think it will just have to be its own row on the table, unless you can think of some way to lump it in with the 24 and 49.
I think I posted the Amended file while you were replying to my previous one, please ignore it as I have Deleted it and replaced it with the new file below. I have updated the file to hopefully incorporate what you have mentioned above.
You will notice that if you add the figures together for the Second & Third tables that the corresponding cells equal the totals in the first table in those cells. Because of this fact I think it is a good check that the figures are correct for ALL three tables.
Please let me know if this is close or what you want.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - Vtrac Conversion Amended

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qy65r8hp7g4d44y

BTW, there MIGHT be a small amendment to be made for the Actual number 25 but we will worry about that after you are happy with the results of the new file. I will have to think if there is or not though first.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I have just done some calculations and I don't think that there is a need to do an adjustment for the Actual number 25 because of the following.

If you SUM cells U5:Z28 the total equals 2,070.

If you SUM cells AD5:AI28 the total equals 999.
If you SUM cells AM5:AR28 the total equals 1,071.
If you SUM the TWO above the total equals 2,070.

If you MULTIPLY 345*6 the total equals 2,070 where 345 is the number of draws and 6 is the number of balls drawn.

Do you agree with my calculations or have I missed something???

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar