Vtracs for 6/49?

Icewynd

A recent conversation with our friend Bloubul sparked an idea in my mind.

I have been spending a lot of time on the Pick 3 game lately, and they use a system called Vtracs to reduce the 10 digits down to 5 for easier analysis. The advantage is that if you can eliminate one of the vtracs, you can eliminate 2 of the real numbers.

Vtracs are calculated such that 0 represents 0 and 5, 1 represents 1 and 6, etc. up to 4 which represents 4 and 9. (Some use different methods of calculation, but the concept is always the same).

We could come up with a similar system for 6/49, perhaps using a factor of 25. So 1 would represent 1 and 26, 2=2 & 27, 3=3&28....up to 24=24 & 49. This would leave the 25 unused, it could stand alone or lump it with the 1 (i.e. 1+25=26), or add it in with the 24, 25, 49.

Anyway, I'll probably do up a quick spreadsheet to see if there are any advantages to this idea.

Any comments?

blitzed

hiya Icewynd, interesting...could also watch delta numbers of those values too.

goodluck,
blitzed:thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

We could come up with a similar system for 6/49, perhaps using a factor of 25. So 1 would represent 1 and 26, 2=2 & 27, 3=3&28....up to 24=24 & 49. This would leave the 25 unused, it could stand alone or lump it with the 1 (i.e. 1+25=26), or add it in with the 24, 25, 49.

Anyway, I'll probably do up a quick spreadsheet to see if there are any advantages to this idea.
Did you setup a SpreadSheet for a 649 Lotto in the end, and if so, did you derive any useful data from it?

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

Yes, I did set up a file. I decided to group the 25 with the 24 and 49, so I am using the following excel formula to do conversions:

=IF(C3<>25,MOD(C3,25),"24")

where column A is the draw number, B is the date, and C thru I are the 6 draw numbers and the bonus number. This formula is then copied across columns K:Q and modified to convert the draw numbers in columns C:I.

So far, I have just done frequencies and skips. There are a lot of repeats when the data field is compressed down to 24 digits, an average of 2 per draw, but often 4 or 5. Also repeat strings run longer, 3 hits in a row are very common, and 'out' streaks tend to be shorter with most numbers hitting after missing 15 games or so. About half of the numbers come from the repeat or skip 1 categories, and 6 numbers come from this group about 2 or 3 times a year, which lets you immediately cut your field to about 11 vtracs (22 actual numbers).

As for frequencies, most of the hits come from the middle group (3-6 hits in the last 16 draws). About a third of the time you get 6 or 7 numbers from this group, which means you can narrow your group down to an average of 18 vtracs.

I would be happy to share the file, if you are willing to share your analysis here. Hopefully someone can suggest a good file sharing service. I don't want to repeat the frustrating experience I had with Google Docs.

PAB

Thanks for the reply Icewynd,

I would be happy to share the file, if you are willing to share your analysis here. Hopefully someone can suggest a good file sharing service. I don't want to repeat the frustrating experience I had with Google Docs.
I would like to have a look at the file and see if there is anything that I could suggest or contribute.
A good FREE file sharing service that I have used is:

www.mediafire.com

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

Here is the file location:

www.mediafire.com/view/?t13q5c1g268dk23

Please let me know if you experience any problems accessing it.

Hi Guys,

If I understand correctly:
Using Vtracs numbers will compress what you see without it. So things like repeats and skips will occure more often, because of the merging of 2 numbers, instead of one, so the probabilities go changing too.
Setting up a Vtrac group of 25 numbers out of 50 can be done in several ways.
What if we use just more than one Vtrac group for the same game, but just conisisting of different pairs of numbers, for each Vtrac Group.
Like that when checking data we will get more results, but can focus better on numbers that match more often in our analysis than others.

Bob

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Please let me know if you experience any problems accessing it.
Download OK.

I just had a quick look at the formulas and if you don't mind me saying you could structure some of the formulas in a more manageable way so that it would be easy to change just ONE CELL where you are using operators like >= & <= etc. That way, when you change the ONE CELL the formulas will automatically update.
Anyway, here are the changes I have made to the SpreadSheet.

Sheet Frequency

In cell J21 enter the formula below and copy ACROSS to cell AG21 and DOWN as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($B5:$H20,J$4)

In cell AQ4 enter >=9

In cell AQ21 enter the formula below and copy ACROSS to cell AZ21 and DOWN as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($AI21:$AO21,AQ$4)

In cell BC2 enter >=7
In cell BD2 enter <3 & <=6
In cell BE2 enter <=2

In cell BC21 enter the formula below and copy DOWN ONLY as far as needed:

=COUNTIF(J21:AG21,BC$2)

In cell BD21 enter the formula below and copy DOWN ONLY as far as needed:

=COUNTIF(J21:AG21,RIGHT(BD$2,3))-COUNTIF(J21:AG21,LEFT(BD$2,2))

In cell BE21 enter the formula below and copy DOWN ONLY as far as needed:

=COUNTIF(J21:AG21,BE$2)

Sheet Skips

In cell AI17 enter the formula below and copy ACROSS to cell AS17 and DOWN as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($AW17:$BC17,AI$4)

In cell AT4 enter <11 & <=15
In cell AU4 enter >=16

In cell AT17 enter the formula below and copy DOWN ONLY as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($AW17:$BC17,RIGHT(AT$4,4))-COUNTIF($AW17:$BC17,LEFT(AT$4,3))

In cell AU17 enter the formula below and copy DOWN ONLY as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($AW17:$BC17,AU$4)

In cell BL4 enter >=5

In cell BG17 enter the formula below and copy ACROSS to cell BL17 and DOWN as far as needed:

=COUNTIF($J17:$AG17,BG$4)

IMPORTANT

Do the above IN THE EXACT ORDER I have listed them.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

I'm sure my Excel spreadsheets can be done more efficiently, I've just been adding stuff as I learned it.

I will modify my spreadsheet with your changes and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the comments:thumb:

Icewynd

foreverbob said:
Hi Guys,

If I understand correctly:
Using Vtracs numbers will compress what you see without it. So things like repeats and skips will occure more often, because of the merging of 2 numbers, instead of one, so the probabilities go changing too.
Setting up a Vtrac group of 25 numbers out of 50 can be done in several ways.
What if we use just more than one Vtrac group for the same game, but just conisisting of different pairs of numbers, for each Vtrac Group.
Like that when checking data we will get more results, but can focus better on numbers that match more often in our analysis than others.

Bob

Bob,

I agree, you could overlay several ways of grouping the numbers to get a better look at what is going on. I find it especially exciting that repeats become a much better way of picking numbers with this system.

What alternate ideas do you have for setting up the groups? With all of us collaborating I'm sure we can come up with something that works. :)

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I will modify my spreadsheet with your changes and let you know how it goes.
If you would prefer I could upload the SpreadSheet with ALL the changes so far to date done?
Out of interest, is there any reason why the Vtracs on the Skips sheet don't go all the way upto the top, well at least to row 6?

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Sure, PAB. That would be great if you uploaded the modified file so that anyone else can have the changes. I'll probably do the changes myself in my spreadsheet anyway, as a learning experience.

The skips don't go all the way to the top because at the start there are all skip zeros, followed by zeros & ones, zeros, ones and twos, etc. as the hits fill in to cover all the numbers. I usually don't count these so that they don't skew the averages.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
The skips don't go all the way to the top because at the start there are all skip zeros, followed by zeros & ones, zeros, ones and twos, etc. as the hits fill in to cover all the numbers. I usually don't count these so that they don't skew the averages.
I copied the Skips to the last but one row which I think it should be to give a true reading. Obviously you can delete any data that you do not want to include.
You will see that I have done quite a bit of formatting because I personally find the data easier to read, but that is just my preference and obviously would not suit everyone.
Anyway, here is the updated file.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?35285tt6sk2bdj0

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: BTW, I have linked the Frequency & Skips drawn date and results to the Data sheet.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Could you please explain to me your use of the INDEX function.
Thanks.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

I use INDEX to scan the skips chart for each drawn lotto number to tell me what skip it was sitting at BEFORE the draw. These are then summarized in the 'hits by skip' chart in columns AI:AU. This tells me what skip categories will produce the most potential hits.

Wouldn't surprise me to find that there's a more elegant way to achieve this result, but it works!

PAB

Thanks for the reply Icewynd,

OK, I understand where you are coming from.
I only asked because the standard Syntax for INDEX is:

INDEX(array, row_num, [column_num])

It is unusual to have a range reference in the position of the column number, but in your case that is what is needed.

For anybody following this thread, the two commas together in the INDEX formula is correct. It is actually short for ,0,.
You could actually in this instance use the Syntax:

INDEX(array, cell_reference)

It is however, always better to use the full Syntax including the 0 because if you opened this file in Open Office for example, it does not like omissions in formulas and will either give an error or the incorrect result.

So for example, in cell AI21 and copied ACROSS and DOWN in the sheet Frequency I would use the formula:

=INDEX($J21:$AG21,0,B21)

This also goes for the INDEX formula in the sheet Skips.

One change I made to a formula is in the sheet Skips in cell J6 and copied ACROSS and DOWN is:

=IF(COUNTIF($B6:$H6,J$4),0,J5+1)

Anyway Icewynd, do you have any other ideas that you would like to incorporate into this file?

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Thanks for the lesson on the INDEX function, PAB. I didn't know about the ,,=0 and always wondered about the two commas.

I had planned to look at consecutive numbers and adjacent numbers. For example, 5,6,7 are consecutives and adjacent numbers would be those that hit before or after a prior hit. For example, in the first draw 5, 12, 18, 19, 21 24 hit, the next draw you would want to look at 4,6,11,13,17,20,22, and 23.

I use decade analysis quite a bit in regular 6/49, but not sure what would make sense here -- maybe 4 groups of 5 and one group of 4 (the 4 group could include the 24 which has 3 actual numbers associated with it)? If you can pick up on a decade that's due to drop out you can eliminate quite a few numbers.

Also, earlier in this thread, Blitzed had mentioned using Deltas, which makes more sense with a reduced field of numbers.

PAB

Hi Icewymd,

Icewynd said:
Also, earlier in this thread, Blitzed had mentioned using Deltas, which makes more sense with a reduced field of numbers.
Shall we address the Deltas first?
If so, do you want the Deltas based on the Vtracs or the Drawn numbers?
Obviously the Deltas would go on a new Sheet.
I could put this together for you with a little twist.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

With Blitzed idea of using Deltas I have done some work on Delta numbers NOT only for the current draw but ALSO for the previous draw and incorporated then into the file.
Have a look and see what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?uc2fd0x14x5rmom

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

Beautiful spreadsheet, waaaaaaaaaaaay better than my humble efforts! Thanks.

Regarding the Deltas,

My understanding is that the first Delta should equal the lowest drawn number and that it should be possible to get back to the original number by adding the deltas. There should be a clear bias towards lower numbers, ie. "1" w.ill be the most common delta appearing almost 60% of the time.

For example, the first draw in the database (8/01/2009) is 18-22-30-32-36-45 which translates into Vtracs 18-22-5-7-11-20. The lowest number is 5, so this is our first Delta. The following Delta numbers are 2,4,7,2 and 2. So we can get back to our original Vtrac number by starting with the first Delta (5) and sequentially adding the 2nd through 5th Deltas.

The reason that I hadn't tackled this yet is that the numbers need to be in sorted order, and horizontal sorting in Excel is a royal pain in the a$$. Maybe you know of some nifty solution to this problem?

I like the idea of doing deltas for the prior draw. There may be some patterns there to pick up.

Sidebar