Vtracs for 6/49?

Icewynd

PAB said:
Hi Icewynd,

I have just done some calculations and I don't think that there is a need to do an adjustment for the Actual number 25 because of the following.
Do you agree with my calculations or have I missed something???

Agree with the calculations -- all drawn numbers are summarized in the table. However, when does 24 represent each of the two no match conditions -- 25 and 49? This is not a trivial issue when it comes to building combinations. I would surmise that the numbers for P2, P3, P4 and P5 represent 25 and the number for P6 represents 49, although it is possible for 25 to be the highest drawn number, so that may not be exact.

I think we need one more line in the "DON'T MATCH" table to show how this breaks out.

Other than this small detail, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I must do some more work to understand the magic *sumproduct* function as it seems to be the solution
to so many of these problems.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Agree with the calculations -- all drawn numbers are summarized in the table. However, when does 24 represent each of the two no match conditions -- 25 and 49? This is not a trivial issue when it comes to building combinations. I would surmise that the numbers for P2, P3, P4 and P5 represent 25 and the number for P6 represents 49, although it is possible for 25 to be the highest drawn number, so that may not be exact.

I think we need one more line in the "DON'T MATCH" table to show how this breaks out.
OK.

Calculating the tables were easier than I initially thought once I had thought about it.
The first table is calculated with simple COUNTIF formulas.
The second table is calculated with SUMPRODUCT formulas with the criteria being EQUAL to the Vtrac number on BOTH sides of the formula.
The third table is calculated with SUMPRODUCT formulas with the criteria being EQUAL to the Vtrac number on the LEFT side of the formula and LESS THAN OR GREATER THAN the Vtrac number on the RIGHT side of the formula.

I will have a think about that pesky number 25 and the best way to accomodate it so it is EXACT for ALL conditions.

I am just on my out but I will update the file per your suggestion and upload it later.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

PAB said:
I will have a think about that pesky number 25 and the best way to accomodate it so it is EXACT for ALL conditions.

I am just on my out but I will update the file per your suggestion and upload it later.

No rush, Mate!

Looking at this analysis, I would think that we could propose a rule for converting Vtracs:

----For P1 and P2 always use the lower number associated with the Vtrac and
----
for P5 and P6 always use the higher number for the Vtrac.

----For P3 and P4 use both numbers associated with the Vtrac.

----For Vtrac 24, use 24 and 25 for P1-P5 and 49 for P6.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Just before I go see what you think of this!

Media Fire - ON 49 Vtracs - Vtrac Conversion Amended v2.0.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vbbb533ozi29zxm

I will have a look at you previous post when I get back :agree: .

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

What did you think about the updated file???

Icewynd said:
Looking at this analysis, I would think that we could propose a rule for converting Vtracs:

----For P1 and P2 always use the lower number associated with the Vtrac and;
----
For P5 and P6 always use the higher number for the Vtrac.

----For P3 and P4 use both numbers associated with the Vtrac.

----For Vtrac 24, use 24 and 25 for P1-P5 and 49 for P6.
I like your thinking!

How do you propose to incorporate this though???
Are you suggesting that we setup a new data file type like the ones we use for Sorted Vtrac, Unsorted Vtrac, Excluding & Including the Bonus number etc, and if so, are you talking about running all the different analysis that we have compiled against the new data file type???

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
What did you think about the updated file???

Great! As it turns out, all the P2-P5 Vtrac 24's are real 25, and real 25 has never been the highest number drawn (P6). However, now the analysis is set up to caputure the situation if if ever occurs.

PAB said:
How do you propose to incorporate this though???
Are you suggesting that we setup a new data file type like the ones we use for Sorted Vtrac, Unsorted Vtrac, Excluding & Including the Bonus number etc, and if so, are you talking about running all the different analysis that we have compiled against the new data file type???

I hadn't really thought about where to go next. I suppose that we could create a new file after we finish the Master summary sheets -- IF YOU WANT TO GO THERE.

It was never my intention, when I started this post, to undertake a full lotto software package, but that is what it would amount to if we started on number selection algorithms, making combinations and adding filters. This work would all fall on you, since I have only a slight acquaintance with VBA code.

Your spreadsheets have already provided a substantial contribution to lotto analysis for anyone who wants to study them. Perhaps we should just leave number selection and wheeling to the individual user.

Lots to think about...

PAB

Hi Iewynd,

Icewynd said:
Great! As it turns out, all the P2-P5 Vtrac 24's are real 25, and real 25 has never been the highest number drawn (P6). However, now the analysis is set up to caputure the situation if if ever occurs.
Brilliant!

Icewynd said:
I hadn't really thought about where to go next. I suppose that we could create a new file after we finish the Master summary sheets -- IF YOU WANT TO GO THERE.
I think that once THIS project is finished we should re-address this issue and initially set out a game plan up front if we decide to take this project to the next level.

Icewynd said:
It was never my intention, when I started this post, to undertake a full lotto software package, but that is what it would amount to if we started on number selection algorithms, making combinations and adding filters. This work would all fall on you, since I have only a slight acquaintance with VBA code.
As you said, this post has just evolved into quite a substantial Lotto analysis for a Hybrid Set Of Numbers, and to be honest, it has been very interesting.

Icewynd said:
Your spreadsheets have already provided a substantial contribution to lotto analysis for anyone who wants to study them.
Thank you, but there is NO i in TEAM.

Icewynd said:
Perhaps we should just leave number selection and wheeling to the individual user.
I agree, at least for now anyway.
As I said previously I think that once THIS project is finished we should re-address this issue and initially set out a game plan up front.

I will have a good think over the weekend on how to summarize the volume of data that we have produced into a manageable and easy to understand analysis.
If you have any thoughts on how to do this then please let me know.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
I think that once THIS project is finished we should re-address this issue and initially set out a game plan up front if we decide to take this project to the next level.

Agreed. This is a decision that can be postponed to a later date.

PAB said:
As you said, this post has just evolved into quite a substantial Lotto analysis for a Hybrid Set Of Numbers, and to be honest, it has been very interesting.
Again, agreed. I have greatly enjoyed our collaboration and have learned a lot.

PAB said:
Thank you, but there is NO i in TEAM.

I think you are too modest, but I like your attitude.

PAB said:
I will have a good think over the weekend on how to summarize the volume of data that we have produced into a manageable and easy to understand analysis.
If you have any thoughts on how to do this then please let me know.

My thoughts are to produce a summary sheet which gives an easy-to-read display of all the factors that one might use to select Vtracs for play. As I said earlier, I thing splitting this into two sheets (with Bonus, without Bonus) would help the presentation.

I also will do some thinking about what information might be most useful in the summary and we will talk later.

Enjoy your weekend!

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
My thoughts are to produce a summary sheet which gives an easy-to-read display of all the factors that one might use to select Vtracs for play. As I said earlier, I thing splitting this into two sheets (with Bonus, without Bonus) would help the presentation.
Yes, splitting the Bonus & Non-Bonus into two Master Summary Table Analysis Sheets is definately the way to go.

Do you think that maybe if we introduce a seperate analysis that takes into account what the Total combinations SHOULD BE for EACH distribution, the Actual combinations drawn for EACH distribution and the +/- difference this also might help???
If you think this might be a good idea, I will post an updated version with what I mean using the Odds & Evens as an example.

I am just watching the Dart's Player's Championship Live on ITV4 over here in the UK. I can feel a couple of pints coming on between the afternoon and evening sessions. I'll have one for you Mate!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
Do you think that maybe if we introduce a seperate analysis that takes into account what the Total combinations SHOULD BE for EACH distribution, the Actual combinations drawn for EACH distribution and the +/- difference this also might help???
If you think this might be a good idea, I will post an updated version with what I mean using the Odds & Evens as an example.

Could you explain this a bit more. I'm not catching your meaning.

PAB said:
I am just watching the Dart's Player's Championship Live on ITV4 over here in the UK. I can feel a couple of pints coming on between the afternoon and evening sessions.
Ah, Darts. They have that on TV sometimes, usually Saturday afternoons in the depth of winter, and it can be quite fascinating.

PAB said:
I'll have one for you Mate!
I'll try to find some Darts on the tube and have one for you too!

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Could you explain this a bit more. I'm not catching your meaning.
Appologies! I should have explained it in a bit more detail, I was looking forward to my couple of pints too much.

Anyway, I have adapted and uploaded the Odds & Evens sheet analysis so you can better see what I was trying to say.
I have hidden all the other columns so you are just left with the important bit.
Please let me know if you understand it otherwise I will explain in a bit more detail.

Media Fire - ON 49 Vtracs - Odds & Evens Extra Analysis

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5k86n5fiiiibx9i

Don't put this into the project as it is only for information purposes at the moment.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Did the file make it a bit clearer or do you want me to elaborate???

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
Did the file make it a bit clearer or do you want me to elaborate???

No, thanks. The file is quite clear.

I think that this is a useful bit of analysis for spotting statistical anomalies. Generally, except at the extremes, the odd/even sticks fairly close to expected.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I think that this is a useful bit of analysis for spotting statistical anomalies. Generally, except at the extremes, the odd/even sticks fairly close to expected.
I think you are right.
We should stick to what we have attained, maybe introducing extra analysis at this stage for the other groups will be overkill. Perhaps we could re-think this at a later date and see if it would be a viable adaption or not. I think we have got quite enough data to analize at present don't you???

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
Perhaps we could re-think this at a later date and see if it would be a viable adaption or not. I think we have got quite enough data to analize at present don't you???

Yes, there is a lot in our current work to chew on. Given the dearth of comments from others, we seem to be meeting the needs of the lottery community. If there was demand for something additional I think we would have heard.

So, maybe we should just finalize this file and then do some thinking about how the project might develop in the future.

PAB

Icewynd said:
Yes, there is a lot in our current work to chew on. Given the dearth of comments from others, we seem to be meeting the needs of the lottery community. If there was demand for something additional I think we would have heard.
I agree on ALL points!
Upto this point, this thread has had over 4,500 views and my particular uploads have been downloaded numerous times.

Icewynd said:
So, maybe we should just finalize this file and then do some thinking about how the project might develop in the future.
I again agree!
I will put some time, thought and effort into this hopefully this week mate.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hey, PAB!

I just wanted to let you know that the data that we used for this project (Ontario 49) is the full set of data from the first draw.

When I received this file it was labeled "Ontario 49 Draws Since Inception", but it started with draw 1429 on October 1, 1997. I wanted to know if there was earlier data in this series so I contacted the Lottery Commission. I finally heard back from them and this is their reply:

I can confirm Draw 1429 was the first ONTARIO 49 draw. This numbering was set to align with the LOTTO 6/49 draw numbers.

Just thought you might be interested :thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I just wanted to let you know that the data that we used for this project (Ontario 49) is the full set of data from the first draw.
When I received this file it was labeled "Ontario 49 Draws Since Inception", but it started with draw 1429 on October 1, 1997.
Thanks for the information, this is not a Lotto that I keep a DataBase for, but if you could please provide me with a link so I can download ALL the draws from inception I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

As far as I know, this data is not available for download. I got it by writing to the Lottery Commission and requesting the file.

However, I will upload it to Mediafire and send you a link.

Sidebar