Vtracs for 6/49?

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I think that the Vtracs are basically a HYBRID DATASET of the sorted drawn numbers which require a slightly different approach to the standard concept of a Lotto.
This has led to very interesting data analysis, with more to come.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

I am good with the decades analysis and can't think of anything to add.

PAB said:
I think that the Vtracs are basically a HYBRID DATASET of the sorted drawn numbers which require a slightly different approach to the standard concept of a Lotto.
This has led to very interesting data analysis, with more to come.

I agree. This is turning out to be a worthwhile alternative way of viewing the drawn numbers. I think it will be very productive.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I am good with the decades analysis and can't think of anything to add.
I agree. This is turning out to be a worthwhile alternative way of viewing the drawn numbers. I think it will be very productive.
GREAT!

I will post the new version v4.1 which includes the updated CONSECUTIVES shortly.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

The update to the CONSECUTIVES was NOT quite as I first anticipated.
I also had to change the structure of the main formulas with regard to the fact that there could be more than one number of the same value, whether it was before, after or another location within the 6 Vtrac numbers.
I achieved this by also using the < operator as well as the > operator.
That said, the new version better represents what your requirment is.

Here is v4.1 which includes the updated CONSECUTIVES.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v4.1

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?uycg6l467cnb8z8

If you are happy with this I will upload v5.0 which includes the ODD & EVEN numbers.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I have quite enjoyed doing this and have thought of other types of analysis that might be useful.
I have come up with some other criteria that is beyond your original request that I would be quite happy to include.

INCLUDED SO FAR

v1.0 included DATA, FREQUENCY & SKIPS.
v2.0 included DELTAS.
v3.0 included CONSECUTIVES.
v4.0 included DECADES.

STILL TO COME

v5.0 included ODD & EVEN.
v6.0 included LOW & HIGH.
v7.0 included LAST DIGIT.
v8.0 included SUM TOTAL.
v9.0 included ADJACENT NUMBERS.

Possibly one extra!
Let me know what you think!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Wow! Sounds like those beers at the pub stimuated some creative thinking. :beer:

Yes -- I think all those ideas that you had will contribute greatly to this project! Looking forward to seeing the results.

P.S. do you ever sleep???:eek:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Have you had time to look through the updated CONSECUTIVES yet?
If so, are you happy with the results or is there any other information that you want regarding them?
If not, I will post the new version v5.0 which includes an ODDS & EVENS analysis sheet.

Icewynd said:
P.S. do you ever sleep??? :eek:
Not a lot! :dizzy:

Regards,
PAB

[/QUOTE]

Icewynd

I just had a look at the revised consecutives analysis. This is much more in line with what I was expecting!

78% of draws have consecutive Vtracs. 44% of the draws have a pair of consecutive Vtracs and 34% have more than a pair (2 pairs, a triple, triple plus a pair, quadruple, etc.) When playing these numbers, it is important to look at consecutive pairs, triples, etc. when building your combos.

niteowl

Icewynd said:
Sort would be done manually (arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh) or by writing a macro to go line by line and sort. If you know an easier way, have at it!

Not sure where I saw it (probably a tutorial on youtube) but they did a sort of a list of numbers in 7 columns just like lottery numbers (6 columns + bonus)
Their numbers were in columns A to G (with no headers). In K1 they put the formula:

=SMALL($A1:$G1,COLUMNS($K1:K1))

After hitting enter, they copied it across to Q1 then down to the bottom of the list. The result was two lists; one unsorted and the other sorted.

PAB

Hi niteowl,

niteowl said:
Not sure where I saw it (probably a tutorial on youtube) but they did a sort of a list of numbers in 7 columns just like lottery numbers (6 columns + bonus).
Their numbers were in columns A to G (with no headers). In K1 they put the formula:

After hitting enter, they copied it across to Q1 then down to the bottom of the list. The result was two lists; one unsorted and the other sorted.
Yes correct!
If you had downloaded the file you would have seen that this is exactly what I used for the sort of the CONSERVATIVES as I have for further analysis still to come.
Once Icewynd is happy with the results or if there is any other information that he wants regarding them I will post the new version v5.0 which includes an ODDS & EVENS analysis sheet.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

niteowl said:
Not sure where I saw it (probably a tutorial on youtube) but they did a sort of a list of numbers in 7 columns just like lottery numbers (6 columns + bonus)

Thanks for the tip, NiteOwl :thumb: I can use all the Excel help that I can get.

Any thoughts on the analysis we are doing here, maybe additional analysis that we could do?

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Appologies, I forgot to mention that was what I used to sort the CONSECUTIVES into ascending order from left to right.

Icewynd said:
Yes, PAB, go ahead and post v.5.0. The rest of the analysis is great!
Great!

Here is v5.0 which includes ODDS & EVENS.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v5.0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m2xxgvxfbcg6x56

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

ATTENTION!

For people following this thread I have DELETED all but the last file.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

Had a look at the even/odd analysis --very nice! Is ISODD a new command in Excel? Seems to me that in the past one had to do a complicated sumproduct thingy to see if the number was divisible by 2 or not.

Since the Vrtacs are balanced with regard to Even/Odd, I had expected more 3-3 breakdowns, but in fact, the 2-4 division is the most common. The distribution is:

3-3________38%
2-4 or 4-2 _ 42%
1-5 or 5-1 _ 17%
0-6 or 6-0 __ 3%

So, when making up combos you would be right 80% of the time with 2/4 or 3/3 even or odd.

Looking forward to the rest!

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Is ISODD a new command in Excel?
If my memory serves me correctly ISODD and ISEVEN was introduced in Excel 2007.
Upto then you could have used:

=IF(MOD(A1, 2), "ODD", "EVEN")

Anyway, here is v6.0 which includes LOW & HIGH numbers.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v6.0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4fg1f63ykt7fhof

BTW, I have updated the CONSECUTIVE numbers sheet to make it more understandable.

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

The High/Low analysis looks very similar to the Odd/Even, no surprise there!

1/6 or 6/1 __ 2%
2/5 or 5/2 __ 18%
2/4 or 4/2 __ 43%
3/3 _______ 37%

I also like the revised consecutives. Thanks for all your good work.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
The High/Low analysis looks very similar to the Odd/Even, no surprise there!
Exactly!

If you are happy with the LOW & HIGH numbers and the analysis I will upload v7.0 which includes LAST DIGITS.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Before we start, cell M173 = 4 which goes against the true principle of the C(24,6) Last Digit distribution structure.

The reason for this is as follows:
Although the Last Digit calculation for this exercise is based on numbers 1 to 24, this is NOT the usual scenario of what the Last Digit distribution represents. This is obviously because we are using a hybrid system of numbers called Vtracs. The impact of this is that we are NOT using a straight set of non-replacement numbers from 1 to 24, because any Vtrac number can be repeated within the same combination.

This is reflected in the Itemised Last Digit Numbers Analysis For ALL Draws where there is an entry of 4 which would NOT be included if we were using a straight set of non-replacement numbers from 1 to 24.

Anyway, here is v7.0 which includes LAST DIGITS.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v7.0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3k48kv1fa5xixsb

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar