Vtracs for 6/49?

PAB

Thanks for your comments Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
My understanding is that the first Delta should equal the lowest drawn number and that it should be possible to get back to the original number by adding the deltas. There should be a clear bias towards lower numbers, ie. "1" w.ill be the most common delta appearing almost 60% of the time.

For example, the first draw in the database (8/01/2009) is 18-22-30-32-36-45 which translates into Vtracs 18-22-5-7-11-20. The lowest number is 5, so this is our first Delta. The following Delta numbers are 2,4,7,2 and 2. So we can get back to our original Vtrac number by starting with the first Delta (5) and sequentially adding the 2nd through 5th Deltas.
OK.
So you don't want to use the Bonus number for this, which is understandable as it could either be higher or lower than n6.
I will update the SpreadSheet.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi Icewynd

:confused: :confused: :confused:
You really got me confused when I tried to use a formula that I knew would definitely give me what I wanted BUT gave me errors instead.
I did a bit of the old Sherlock Holmes and found that the cause was the way that the formulas were setup in the Data sheet for the Vtracs.

Replace the formula in cell K3 with the following one and copy it ACROSS and DOWN as far as needed:

=IF(C4<>25,MOD(C4,25),24)

The reason your formula didn't work is because you had set the 24 as a text entry which the formula didn't recognise and therefore threw out errors.
Potentially, this could impact on any formulas within the WorkBook that used the figure 24 giving incorrect results.
Sorted now!

Vtracs v2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?g9aq4kpbzsoak9f

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

PAB said:
Hi Icewynd

:confused: :confused: :confused:
You really got me confused when I tried to use a formula that I knew would definitely give me what I wanted BUT gave me errors instead.
I did a bit of the old Sherlock Holmes and found that the cause was the way that the formulas were setup in the Data sheet for the Vtracs.

Replace the formula in cell K3 with the following one and copy it ACROSS and DOWN as far as needed:

=IF(C4<>25,MOD(C4,25),24)

Hi PAB,
Good catch!

I'm assuming you mean replace the data in K3 with =IF(C3<>25,MOD(C3,25),24)? ie, just take out the quotes around the 24?

Icewynd

This is great information, PAB! :thumb:

If you count up the Deltas, you find that about 84% of the draws have a Delta of 1, often 2 or 3 of them. About 27% of draws have no Delta above 6, which presents good possibilites for constructing combinations from the Deltas.

Also, a special case for the Vtracs, a Delta of zero represents about 5% of the Deltas and occurs in about 30% of draws, indicating that both numbers for one Vtrac have been drawn, and occasionally both numbers for 2 Vtracs.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Hi PAB,
Good catch!

I'm assuming you mean replace the data in K3 with =IF(C3<>25,MOD(C3,25),24)? ie, just take out the quotes around the 24?
Yes correct.
I am actually working on the CONSECUTIVE numbers at the moment.
I assume that these are to be based on the Vtrac distribution and NOT on the DRAWN distribution, is that correct?

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Once you have confirmed my previous post I will upload the new v3.0 file incorporating the CONSECUTIVE numbers.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

You're welcome :agree: .
I will upload v3.0 shortly.

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Here is the latest version.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a6ldl9ycbhcv187

There are a further FIVE analysis sheets to come over the next few days once you are happy with the CONSECUTIVE numbers and structure.
The next will be Decades.
Let me know what you think please.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hmmm, interesting on the consecutives. I would have thought, with the compressed number field, that we would get more consecutives, but it seems like 2 consecutive numbers in about 1/3 of the draws is the reality.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

The thing is as far as this project is concerned we are ONLY using data from draw 2,664 onwards.
This is NOT a true representation of the historical data for the Lotto concerned.
BUT, EVERY draw is unique because Lotto balls have NO memory.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Agreed. :agree: In fact, I requested all of the data from the Lottery authority and received a file entitled "Ontario 49 Winning Numbers Since Inception" which actually starts at draw 1429 on October 1, 1997. I suppose I could see if more is available. I also have all Lotto 6/49 draws from Draw 1.

However, the 300+ draws in this data base represent a substantial sample of draws and I would not expect an analysis of the entire population to deviate in any significant way from what we have seen. If there aren't many consecutive numbers in 300 draws, I wouldn't expect much difference in draws 301-600.

If you are concerned about the size of the data set, we could switch to another lotto for which we have draw from day one, or add additional draws to this data.

PAB

Hi Icewynd

Icewynd said:
If you are concerned about the size of the data set, we could switch to another lotto for which we have draw from day one, or add additional draws to this data.
No, I am not worried about the size of the dataset as this project is to collate the formulas for the various criteria specified. Once you are happy that the information produced is what you want for each of the criteria you can simply apply this to the WHOLE database and get a TRUE analysis.
Are you happy with the way I setup the CONSECUTIVES or is there any other information that you want regarding them?
If not, I will post the new version v4.0 which includes a DECADES analysis sheet.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Very happy with the data on consecutives and can't think of anything else for that analysis.

Looking forward to seeing the Decade analysis. :)

PAB

Hi Icewynd

Icewynd said:
Very happy with the data on consecutives and can't think of anything else for that analysis.
GREAT!

Here is v4.0 which includes DECADES.

MediaFire - ON 49 Vtracs - v4.0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?j0pjzppgrr989ho

Please let me know what you think of it and if you want anything else included.
The next version will include ODD & EVEN numbers.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Thanks for this PAB, I will have a look.

I went back to do a closer look at the consecutives, and the formulas are not picking up some of the consecutives, probably because the drawn numbers are not sorted.

For example:

Row 6 -- 20,21 pair not identified
Row 7 -- 10,11 pair "
Row 9 -- 18,19,20 triple
Row 11 -- 8,9 pair and 14,15 pair

I think the formula needs to be expanded to compare every number to every other number +/-1. Would you like me to have a go at this? Alternatively, sorting the numbers would solve the problem and I could also take on that tedious task if you wish.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
I went back to do a closer look at the consecutives, and the formulas are not picking up some of the consecutives, probably because the drawn numbers are not sorted.
PAB said:
I am actually working on the CONSECUTIVE numbers at the moment.
I assume that these are to be based on the Vtrac distribution and NOT on the DRAWN distribution, is that correct?
Icewynd said:
Yes, I think all these calculations can be done on the Vtracs.
Sorry! I was only going by your response to that exact question because although they are Vtrac numbers they are in effect the drawn numbers.
Not a problem though.
There is a simple solution to this which I will incorporate and upload the amended file later.

Icewynd said:
Alternatively, sorting the numbers would solve the problem and I could also take on that tedious task if you wish.
How are you thinking of doing this?
Don't spend too much time on it because as I said there is a simple solution to this which I will do later.

Just off to the pub for a couple of beers.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Enjoy your beer, PAB. Wish I was there to stand you one.

Yes, the Vtracs do muddy the waters. I am interested here in consecutive Vtracs, which may or may not be consecutive drawn numbers! Confused yet? :confused:

Sort would be done manually (arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh) or by writing a macro to go line by line and sort. If you know an easier way, have at it!

Icewynd

"Decade" analysis

Nice work on the "decades" or quintades (anyone got a better name? :lol: ).

87% of draws have at least one decade missing, about 30% have two decades missing and the missing decade repeats in the next game often enough to exploit when chosing numbers.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Yes, the Vtracs do muddy the waters. I am interested here in consecutive Vtracs, which may or may not be consecutive drawn numbers!
I understand what you mean.
Basically, the Vtracs are a HYBRID of the actual drawn numbers, but need to be sorted in ascending order as if they were the actual drawn sorted numbers.

Icewynd said:
Nice work on the "decades" or "quintades".
Are you happy with the way I setup the DECADES or is there any other information that you want regarding them?
If not, I will post the new version v4.1 which includes the updated CONSECUTIVES.

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar