Price Going Up!!MUST READ!

peter

Re: PETER....

luckystrike said:
QUESTION,, WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE THEIR 2 CENTS WORTH ...WHEN IT'S A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS???? :dizzy:
Cause I decided that my thoughts were worth more, that is why I assigned a value of two cents.:lol:

Irvin

Re: Re: PETER....

peter said:
Cause I decided that my thoughts were worth more, that is why I assigned a value of two cents.:lol:

Heres my 5 cents worth;

Everyone is going to Decimal values. Minimum coin value in NZ is 5 cents hence my 5 cents worth :D

PS 5 cents NZ probably equals 2 cents Canadian.

Sheba

Just the feedback I got from ALC....

Extensive consumer research across Canada indicated players wanted bigger jackpots more often and they were willing to pay an extra $1 for these changes. We could not have offered this without making changes to the price of the ticket. It's important to remember that the price of a LOTTO 6/49 ticket has not changed in 22 years.
Please keep in mind that in addition to larger jackpots, the game will also offer a new prize category. You will win $5 just by matching two of the six winning numbers plus the bonus number. The overall odds of winning a prize will also be better. The odds are currently 1 in 54. After the changes are implemented, the odds will be 1 in 32.

In addition to these changes, Atlantic Lottery will be offering Atlantic 6/49 as a separate game, meaning, customers will no longer have to purchase Lotto 6/49 in order to purchase Atlantic 6/49. With this flexibility, we felt this would offer our customers the option of continuing to purchase their tickets at the current cost with a smaller jackpot. This change is anticipated to occur at the same time the changes are made to Lotto 6/49.

If you have additional comments or inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Customer Support Services
Atlantic Lottery Corporation
info@alc.ca
1-800-561-3942

Idjit

Here's what the WCLC said after I remided them about 'the New Coke"

I wrote the Western Canada Lottery Corp., telling them I didn't like the changes planned for 6/49, and reminding them about what happened when Coke decided to 'improve' their recipe... Here's what they said:

"Thank you for your e-mail inquiry to Western Canada Lottery Corporation
(WCLC). We genuinely appreciate your comments.

WCLC would like to assure you that the national decision to change LOTTO
6/49 next June - the first major change on the game in 22 years - was not
made lightly. Players have indicated in research, and through their buying
habits, that they do not find the game as attractive as it once was. We
understand their sentiments, as nine out of every ten LOTTO 6/49 Jackpots
offered during the last year were either $2 Million or $5 Million. These
amounts may not have the same appeal to our players as they did in the 1980s
and 1990s.

We hope the revised LOTTO 6/49 game will meet the needs of most players.
While sold at a $2 price point, it will be able to offer more attractive
Jackpots, a new prize category for matching two regular numbers and the
Bonus, and improved overall odds of winning (one in 32 versus the current
one in 54).

Again, we respect your comments about the game change and appreciate your
taking the time to share them with us.

Sincerely,

Lyndon McLean
Communications Officer"

I think I'll switch to Western 6/49 - with no 'Extra'
BTW, I drink Pepsi now.

Brad

Hey Idjit,

certainly looks like a standard reply, think they're anticipating our queries/complaints. Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to ask Western 649 about their intentions.
My fear is that they are planning the same double increase :crap:. It has been confirmed that it will happen here in BC ... so long 50c, hello $1/ticket ... you may have to can the Pepsi too ... would't that be a real Jolt?! :dizzy:

charles2

I've already started playing ontario 49 for 50 cents a crack, hope they don't change that either.

Come on, people arn't interested in $2 or $5 million anymore ????!!!!! BS.

I can see from their healthy sales that 649 makes a profit EVERY draw.

If they had to raise it why double why not $2 for 3 picks like super 7 and for god's sakes no computer picks like in ontario.

:dang: :lol:

peter

Brad said:
Hey Idjit,

certainly looks like a standard reply, think they're anticipating our queries/complaints. Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to ask Western 649 about their intentions.
My fear is that they are planning the same double increase :crap:. It has been confirmed that it will happen here in BC ... so long 50c, hello $1/ticket ... you may have to can the Pepsi too ... would't that be a real Jolt?! :dizzy:
Western 649 has been a dollar for as long as I can remember.

Idjit

I have the information on Western 6/49 at work- they sent a FAQ in the lotto news we get for retailers. I'll bring it home tomorrow night and post it. If memory serves- it stays the same- except there will be no PLUS- I'm not sure how the add on game will work.

powerball

Odds of 2+bonus

Idjit said:
While sold at a $2 price point, it will be able to offer a new prize category for matching two regular numbers and the
Bonus, and overall odds of winning (one in 32 versus the current one in 54).

I calculated that the odds of matching two numbers is 1,851,150 / 13,983,816 = 0.13237803, or 1 in 7.55. What are the odds of matching two plus the bonus? Is it 1,851,150 possibilities times the 1 in 43 chance of matching the bonus number, or
43,050 / 13,983,816 = 0.00307856, or 1 in 324.83?
But then it doesn't match up with the claimed overall odds of 1 in 32.

Re: Odds of 2+bonus

powerball said:
I calculated that the odds of matching two numbers is 1,851,150 / 13,983,816 = 0.13237803, or 1 in 7.55. What are the odds of matching two plus the bonus? Is it 1,851,150 possibilities times the 1 in 43 chance of matching the bonus number, or
43,050 / 13,983,816 = 0.00307856, or 1 in 324.83?
But then it doesn't match up with the claimed overall odds of 1 in 32.
How can we trust any of those numbers....???The odds would get better after one number is out and even better after 2 numbers are out.. :confused:

ok can I add my 2 cents please? thanks

Lately in Ontario we have new lottery machines.I asked my lottery retailer and she said someone has to pay for new machines.And it might as well be the consumers.
My husband and I have played the lottery since the first lotto 36 was started.We have played both 6/49 and super 7.I find it is my mad money.And the most I have ever won was 165. on super 7 for 5 numbers.I have tried everything.To win.I just know I am doomed to win free tickets. But if I do not have a ticket I will not ever have a chance.
The odds are that only people who all ready have money are the ones who always win.
I have read many stories about the rich getting richer.

Idjit

My last dollar...

Looking at the prize structure and the extra cost of the 2 buck 6-49, I've decided that the day it goes up to $2 is my last draw. It's just too much like Super 7 and I'm not going to dilute my efforts by playing both. I will play WCLC's Western 6-49 and Super 7 when the jackpot goes over 10 mil.
I am wondering if this was Lotto Corp's intention all along. It must be expensive to administrate three major games:dang: Profits being everything these days, I think they decided to re-work their offerings, and let the weakest die- I suspect that will be the local '49 games in each province- a real shame.

powerball

The beginning of a revolution

Lottery players vent fury

Jack Keating
The Province

Outraged lottery players inundated The Province yesterday with complaints about the 6/49 lottery doubling its price to $2 next year.

It was the same at Lotto Centres and was the top story last night on the CBC national news after the Interprovincial Lottery Corp. announced that $1 Lotto 6/49 tickets would be eliminated after the May 29, 2004, draw in order to offer larger jackpots.

"We've had negative feedback -- nothing positive," said Peter Low, manager of the Lotto Centre in Pacific Centre Mall.

"People are complaining about having to spend more money. They're saying the government just wants to get more money out of them."

The 6/49 tickets have sold for $1 for 22 years.

"It's a bit of a cash cow for the government," said Marion

Wilson-Brown of Vancouver. "But it's a way for the government to raise money without taxing us more."

The lottery has a minimum jackpot of $2 million, which rolls over each time there is no winner.

The new jackpots are expected to start at about $4 million and grow to $10 million or more on about half of the draws. The jackpots are also expected to hit $25 million during the year.

Lottery officials say people buy more tickets when the jackpots are higher.

"It's been the same game for 22 years, so people are resistant to change," said B.C. Lottery Corp. spokeswoman Alison Lester.

"I'm not going to say I'm surprised by the reaction. We expected both good and bad."

British Columbians spent $968 million on lotteries in the year that ended on March 31, an increase of $5.9 million from 2002.

Lotto 6/49 has been declining in popularity across the country, and now ranks third in B.C. in sales behind Keno and Scratch and Win.

B.C. gamblers spent $171 million on Lotto 6/49 last year, down from $194 million in 2002 and $205 million in 2001

B.C. ranks eighth among provinces in per-capita gambling.

jkeating@png.canwest.com

peter

Re: ok can I add my 2 cents please? thanks

bigsis2uca said:
Lately in Ontario we have new lottery machines.I asked my lottery retailer and she said someone has to pay for new machines.And it might as well be the consumers.
My husband and I have played the lottery since the first lotto 36 was started.We have played both 6/49 and super 7.I find it is my mad money.And the most I have ever won was 165. on super 7 for 5 numbers.I have tried everything.To win.I just know I am doomed to win free tickets. But if I do not have a ticket I will not ever have a chance.
The odds are that only people who all ready have money are the ones who always win.
I have read many stories about the rich getting richer.
My Question to you is although you play regularily, And I know you visit this site regularily, do you keep a database, or lotto files, or are you just blindly picking numbers. The reason I ask is if you follow the discussions here you should do well here.

peter

Re: The beginning of a revolution

powerball said:
Lottery players vent fury

Jack Keating
The Province

Outraged lottery players inundated The Province yesterday with complaints about the 6/49 lottery doubling its price to $2 next year.

It was the same at Lotto Centres and was the top story last night on the CBC national news after the Interprovincial Lottery Corp. announced that $1 Lotto 6/49 tickets would be eliminated after the May 29, 2004, draw in order to offer larger jackpots.

"We've had negative feedback -- nothing positive," said Peter Low, manager of the Lotto Centre in Pacific Centre Mall.

"People are complaining about having to spend more money. They're saying the government just wants to get more money out of them."

The 6/49 tickets have sold for $1 for 22 years.

"It's a bit of a cash cow for the government," said Marion

Wilson-Brown of Vancouver. "But it's a way for the government to raise money without taxing us more."

The lottery has a minimum jackpot of $2 million, which rolls over each time there is no winner.

The new jackpots are expected to start at about $4 million and grow to $10 million or more on about half of the draws. The jackpots are also expected to hit $25 million during the year.

Lottery officials say people buy more tickets when the jackpots are higher.

"It's been the same game for 22 years, so people are resistant to change," said B.C. Lottery Corp. spokeswoman Alison Lester.

"I'm not going to say I'm surprised by the reaction. We expected both good and bad."

British Columbians spent $968 million on lotteries in the year that ended on March 31, an increase of $5.9 million from 2002.

Lotto 6/49 has been declining in popularity across the country, and now ranks third in B.C. in sales behind Keno and Scratch and Win.

B.C. gamblers spent $171 million on Lotto 6/49 last year, down from $194 million in 2002 and $205 million in 2001

B.C. ranks eighth among provinces in per-capita gambling.

jkeating@png.canwest.com
Interesting article.:agree2:

a bit of both

I pick my own.I also use every point.That is given.I would guess I just pick all the wrong numbers.And yes u bet.I am on this website daily.I am just not as talkative as some.I learn a lot from reading.

peter

Well bigsis2uca, I'm glad to hear you find the discussions useful, we are after all, here to help each other, after all, it is the lotto corps money we are chasing, and they have alot of it.
I'm glad you posted, as you said you may not be talkative, but ask away.:agree2: :wavey:

skeet

unpopular decision for sure

About the price increase to $2.
I am involved in 2 group purchase setups, and both of these groups have decided to spend the same amount per draw, and just reduce the number of tickets we will buy.

I haven't spoken to anyone (inside and outside of the groups)
that likes the idea of the new format that is coming in May.

I don't what kind of idiot study they used to base the increase on, but I don't think that they asked for any feedback from the people that play the lotto about it.

They should listen to some very good and old advice ...
" If it ain't broke... don't fix it."

Sidebar