New lottery software released!

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:
i'm not quite sure what you're asking for.
can you pls clarify a bit? thanks
Sure.
For example, you filtered a lot of combinations and got 350 lines after all filtering. And, you think these 350 lines is still to much to play, but you would like to have at least one 3 if there were a 5 (for example) winning numbers in one of these 350 lines. So using only these 350 lines, to get down with number of lines as much as possible, but with a guaranteed one ( or 2, if you wish) 3 number prize if 5 wining numbers were in one of 350 lines…
The final 30, 50 or whatever lines should be some of starting 350..

Basically, to cover all 3's in these 350 lines while cleaning multiple 5's and 4's from these lines...and multiple 3's in case you would like only one 3 number prize..

Last edited:

ExpertLotto

ok, got it.
but our answer depends on how many numbers were used to generate that file, if it is distorted in any way after the filtering etc.
the best would be if you could post your file here (or email it to us, see our website for details) and we'll show you then what we can do with that file with our software.
(we'll send you back the reduced file and instructions how to achieve that).

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:
ok, got it.
but our answer depends on how many numbers were used to generate that file, if it is distorted in any way after the filtering etc.

Do you attempt to implement something like that in your software in future and is there in a help file anything about this possibility?

ExpertLotto

tomtom said:
Do you attempt to implement something like that in your software in future?

we're open to all new ideas. if you know exactly how this algorithm should work then it's not a problem to include this feature in the next release (that is if you're willing to share it with other expert lotto users).

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:
we're open to all new ideas. if you know exactly how this algorithm should work then it's not a problem to include this feature in the next release (that is if you're willing to share it with other expert lotto users).

If I knew how a first class algorithm should look for sure, I would not be interested in buying your software…:D

The only way I was able to think up was some brute force method, looking to cover all 3’s in starting lines, while deleting lines with doubled 5’s and 4’s,but keeping the all 3’s covered…in case you wish one 3 of 5

Or to make some easy picture for you :agree2: - split all starting lines into triplets, delete duplicates, and try to cover as many as possible with minimum amount of your starting lines.. in the case you wish one 3 of 6. But, making sure all 3's were covered (at least once, if you wanted exactly one 3 of 6). Of course, for 3 of 5 ( for example) is a just little bit different, but basically almost the same procedure..

Last edited:

ExpertLotto

tomtom said:
If I knew how the algorithm should look for sure, I would not be interested in buying your software…:D

The only way I was able to think up was some brute force method, looking to cover all 3’s in starting lines, while deleting lines with doubled 5’s and 4’s,but keeping the all 3’s covered…in case you wish one 3 of 5

Or to make some easy picture for you :agree2: - split all starting lines into triplets, delete duplicates, and try to cover as many as possible with minimum amount of your starting lines.. in the case 3 of 6. But, make sure all 3's were covered (at least once, if you wanted one 3 of 5). Of course, 3 of 5 ( for example) is a just little bit different, but basically almost the same procedure..

you don't have to buy our software, we're giving it away for free. ;) see conditions at our website.

a starting point for your problem could be our 'match package' filter which removes from your wheel all lines that match other lines in 3, 4 or 5 numbers.

however the condition is that your starting file with 350 lines covers all triplets. and this may not be the case when various filters were applied to get that file.

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:
however the condition is that your starting file with 350 lines covers all triplets

That's right...but there might be many 3,s , 4's, and possibly 5's multiplied, and you might not wish to see that...

Or , a similar example..you want for sure one 3/6, while exactly 3 odd and 3 even are all your combinations, and while 3 even -3 odd is a 6 numbers winning one. Starting from all possible combinations, is that possible to do with your program?Does't matter if that will be 160 - 170 final lines.

ExpertLotto

tomtom said:
That's right...but there might be many 3,s , 4's, and possibly 5's multiplied, and you might not wish to see that...

that's exactly what the 'match package' filter does - it removes duplicate matches in 3 and/or 4 and/or 5 numbers.
however it is not an optimizing filter. it starts with the first line and compares it with the rest, then the second line and compares it with the rest etc.
i'll start thinking about some optimizing algorithm that would reduce and given set of lines while trying to cover as many triplets as possible.

Originally posted by tomtom
Or , a similar example..you want for sure one 3/6, while exactly 3 odd and 3 even are all your combinations, and while 3 even -3 odd is a 6 numbers winning one. Starting from all possible combinations, is that possible to do with your program?Does't matter if that will be 160 - 170 final lines.

i must be a bit slow but i didn't quite get it again. :(
our software of course allows working with all combinations possible. the number of all 3 even - 3 odd combinations for a 6/49 lottery is 4655200.

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:

i'll start thinking about some optimizing algorithm that would reduce and given set of lines while trying to cover as many triplets as possible.

When you do that, it will be a really nice to have software, especially if you add a possibility for covering 3, or 4's ,or 5's by the choice :)

As said I think is a good starting point splitting all starting lines into triplets, delete duplicates, and try to cover as many as possible with minimum amount of your starting lines.. in the case you wish one 3 of 6. Of course, for a wish of two 3/6 you need a little bit different but pretty similar procedure by making sure any 6 has two 3's covered, or any 5 has two 3's covered if you want two 3/5).

For covering 4/6 or 4/5 - splitting into 4's, deleting duplicates, and cover as much as possible with your lines. In case of some rest - well cover them with a combination that takes them all in.

The most important here in this procedure while using these lines is looking for an aproximately average appearance of numbers , alowing all lines equally to make a cover and not only the lines that were used first and from the top of a file.

Well, I spend a quite few days thinking about this idea, but feel absolutely free to consider and use it, and I'm sure it might work.

ExpertLotto said:
i must be a bit slow but i didn't quite get it again. :(
our software of course allows working with all combinations possible. the number of all 3 even - 3 odd combinations for a 6/49 lottery is 4655200.

So, for example any 3 even and any 3 odd are drawn. Is it possible to make a cover that will have for sure at least one 3/6 (or 4/6), starting from these 4655200. It doesen't matter if that may be 170 or even 300 combinations at the end (or a several thou for 4/6).
However, since you started to consider making an algorithm, probably if not now, it will be possible soon?

Last edited:

PAB

New Lottery Software Released

Just for Interest, the Following Odd / Even Distributions for a 649 Lotto are as Follows :-

Description Combinations
0 Odd - 6 Even 134,596
1 Odd - 5 Even 1,062,600
2 Odd - 4 Even 3,187,800
3 Odd - 3 Even 4,655,200
4 Odd - 2 Even 3,491,400
5 Odd - 1 Even 1,275,120
6 Odd - 0 Even 177,100
Total > 13,983,816

All the Best
PAB
:wavey:

ExpertLotto

tomtom said:

However, since you started to consider making an algorithm, probably if not now, it will be possible soon?

well, it depends what you call 'soon' ;)
there are other features on our todo list but this one is quite interesting.
it may not be easy to find a generic solution that does not require huge amount of RAM or a couple of days of processing. :D
but we'll post an update here in a month or two (and maybe a beta version of the optimizer plugin for expert lotto)

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:
well, it depends what you call 'soon' ;)
there are other features on our todo list but this one is quite interesting.
it may not be easy to find a generic solution that does not require huge amount of RAM or a couple of days of processing. :D
but we'll post an update here in a month or two (and maybe a beta version of the optimizer plugin for expert lotto)

Well, I think your software is a quite fine right now, but it seems in a month or two it will be a extemelly fine one. ;)

Good luck with your work.

ExpertLotto

alright tomtom, i have a beta version of our brand new expert lotto optimizer plugin. :dizzy:
would you (or anybody else in this forum) be interested in beta testing it before we release it to general public?

what it does is quite simple. it allows you to pick any set of numbers and then it tries to optimize your starting file to cover all pairs/triplets/quads combinations of these numbers with as few original lines from the input file as possible.

i can provide a download link and more information if needed.

Matrix

ExpertLotto said:
alright tomtom, i have a beta version of our brand new expert lotto optimizer plugin. :dizzy:
would you (or anybody else in this forum) be interested in beta testing it before we release it to general public?

what it does is quite simple. it allows you to pick any set of numbers and then it tries to optimize your starting file to cover all pairs/triplets/quads combinations of these numbers with as few original lines from the input file as possible.

Let me try it !

tomtom

ExpertLotto said:

WOW.......that will be the powerful one, gotta try it , for sure…..in my opinion it makes your program superior.....

You said you guys are working on some more surprises and plugins....any hints about how new and powerful they will be?

BTW, is there a possibility to delete every third(for example), or fifth line in the package .....

Last edited:

ExpertLotto

tomtom said:
You said you guys are working on some more surprises and plugins....any hints about how new and powerful they will be?

well, the biggest issue on my list is internal code refactoring to allow for automatic application updates from internet. but it's quite a big task so i'm pushing it aside when something more interesting comes along. ;)

i've also got an idea for a simple predictor based on our winning numbers history page. but i have to try it first to see if it's any good. :D

BTW, is there a possibility to delete every third(for example), or fifth line in the package .....
well, you could try the 'random selection' filter. or i can provide a new one, this is just a two hours job. ;)

btw, if you already downloaded the optimizer and the new library, pls download again. there was a small bug, sorry about that.

Sidebar