New format for 6/49 and Super 7??

Florie

update of the subject

As of today, a call to the lottery office confirmed that no changes to come (yet) re pricing, format , powerball addition, etc for all the national lotteries . This goes for Ontario, too.

We can still play 6/49 for a buck(minimum).

gsobier

Re: update of the subject

Florie:

I hope you spoke to someone who is properly informed... ...ever heard of the military... ...one hand does not know what the other one is doing (typical analogy).

To me, the Quick Picks policy only for Ontario only is very strange to say the least. It would not be fair. There are too many issues when you look at all the big picture... ...how about the towns which are right on the border of Ontario with another province? I'd expect/beleive a nation wide change more than a selective one to punish one province... ...it is discrimination:agree:. Think about it... ...the OLGC should know better. If Dennis is correct about lead time of an announcement, we would all be in shock:eek: if a change occurs without much warning.

What a mess:no:.

Regards,
George:)
Florie said:
As of today, a call to the lottery office confirmed that no changes to come (yet) re pricing, format , powerball addition, etc for all the national lotteries . This goes for Ontario, too.

We can still play 6/49 for a buck(minimum).

I have some pretty good contacts inside the lotteries offices..I guess having a family link to the founder and person that created the Canadian 6/49 from scratch and all the concepts of our National lotteries gives me some leap ahead...I think I have a better reference than the secretary that will always answer the phone with a cue note pad on the desk....And when you think about it if you look at Super 7 in its actual format...Ontario cannot play 3 lines of their choice for 2$....Based on that fact anything is possible is-it?? Injustice is already happenning...

I won't be around very much for the next 2 months... after all I have to guide for two seperates fishing groups (One of these group is an all american group of people...They are ready to pay me big U.S. $$$ for that) anyway I don't work cheap...and after I have to travel to Toronto for business purposes...Later during the summer I'm going to Australia for two more weeks...Followed by another 10 days in Cuba...I'll go after these big Bass there for sure...
:agree:

Rebeckah

All every Lotto Corp wants to do is make more $$ cuz they're greedy. You guys are lucky if all they do is increase the price to play instead of changing your game to something harder to win. In Texas they've changed our game twice in 5 years, so I've tracked 3 different lottos in the past 5 years... & I doubt they'll only allow QPs. That just doesn't seem logical, & too many players will get really miffed.

Godload

I emailed the Olgc and they assured me in the email that they had no plans to reformat the national lottery. They said Ontario represents 38% of the lottery population but accounts for 45% of the tickets sold. As for the quick pick option they said they will not be changing that because 72% of the lottery players in Ontario play quick picks and qp's reduce lineups at terminals when there is a large jackpot.

peter

I just received an e-mail back from the interprovincial lotto corp, which regulates both the S7 and Can 649, the advised me that no changes to the format of either game is contemplated at this time, I am only reporting back what was e-mailed to me.

ONLY QP'S

THAT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO BE KNOWN AS RANDAL!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HAY DAY THAT :devil: WOULD HAVE!!!!!!!!

:bawl: :dang: :mad3:

Maggie

Here is the reply I got back from the OLGC:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding changes to LOTTO 6/49 and LOTTO SUPER 7. Let me assure you that there are no current plans to change the format of either of these games. However, it is prudent of us to always explore and consider new ways to keep our games popular and appealing to our players.

It may interest you to know that LOTTO 6/49 and LOTTO SUPER 7 are Canada-wide games, administered on behalf of the five Canadian lottery jurisdictions by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation. As a result, operational matters such as changes to the games require the agreement of all jurisdictions.

I suggest they are always surveying to find out if something is ot work.
Who knows if anything will be imlimented.
I rememeber when we had 6/39 lottario.And 1 day we walked into our retailer to play our numbers.And were told a new lottery had been created.6/49. It is almost a given that in time all things will change.I have bought lottery tickects across Canada and even in every province u play differently.
It is going to happen something will change.
Just look how often in Ontario the lottery machines change.
And are totally upgraded.
We in Ontario expect the unexpected all the time.
I was told we come form the "FAT CAT" province.
And we get everything.
Who knows what the future holds for us all.
There will be changes in time like it or not.

Randal

Rebeckah said:
All every Lotto Corp wants to do is make more $$ cuz they're greedy. You guys are lucky if all they do is increase the price to play instead of changing your game to something harder to win. In Texas they've changed our game twice in 5 years, so I've tracked 3 different lottos in the past 5 years... & I doubt they'll only allow QPs. That just doesn't seem logical, & too many players will get really miffed.
Our lotteries in Canada always pay out approximately 50% to the government and that number never increases or decreases by more than fractions of a percent. If they are upping prices for tickets it's to only make jackpots bigger and possibly attract more people to the game. I guess their reasoning is that just as many people will play before + more people attracted by bigger jackpots. I don't necessarily follow that, but if prices and jackpots did increase I'm sure there wouldn't be a decline in sales.
luckystrike said:
THAT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO BE KNOWN AS RANDAL!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HAY DAY THAT :devil: WOULD HAVE!!!!!!!!

:bawl: :dang: :mad3:
And what's wrong with being a quick pick ASSASSIN!?

mar9ie

I KNOW THAT WHEN THEY HAVE 10MILLON OR MORE THAT THEY DON'T MAKE THE PROFT EVERYONE THINKS THEY DO. SO THEY GET GREEDY. They think everyone is a fool adding one more number makes it that much harder to win.
People are a little greedy but most have a cap on what they spend. Also we know how easy it is to win super 7 that is why there are so many big draws and they have to take the money from 649 too pay super 7 prizes. yee right.

Snides said:
Using the babblefish translator you get this.. (not perfect, but readable..)

not sure where dennis got the $4 for 3 lines bit from.. guess he made that part up.. :rolleyes:
You are making up a lot here it seems ....read the news pals.... :rolleyes:

Snides

Snides said:
good god man..

not that i entirely understand what you mean by that first sentence.. but it wasn't meant as an insult toward you. I was just implying that the article you posted a link to didn't say anything about what the prices would increase to, so i was unsure where you got the info..

Are you saying that I'm making a lot up, or is this aimed at everyone excluding yourself? The new info says $2 per game, not $4 for 3 games..

Snides said:
Are you saying that I'm making a lot up, or is this aimed at everyone excluding yourself? The new info says $2 per game, not $4 for 3 games..
Then read the starting post on top....you will find $2 per game there....I knew about this a long time ago....And the 4$ for 3 games was an option at the time...like it or not!
Facts and facts only! It is not my fault if I have good insiders contacts from these lotto offices... :) :D

Originally posted by Dennis Bassboss way back in June...
I don't know if you heard about it already but our national lottery will change very soon...They want to raised the price for 6/49 tickets to 4$ instead of one and you would get 3 lines or the other option for 6/49 is a raised of 1$ for each ticket so it would cost 2$ for 1 lines...(The bonus number might disappear it is an option that they are looking at at this present time) ...
As for Super 7 it will change instead of 2$ a set of tickets will cost 3$...adding a powerball in it and they don't know yet of how many numbers per lines but a drastic change will happen for this lotto also....
Something is about to be announced by all the lotto corporation around the country....Ho! And Ontario would only be able to play quick picks only and it would be the only province in Canada to do so...
If you ask all of your provincial lottery commission you might get more info...please post what you have under this thread....I'm worrying a lot in the direction that it will take...
:confused:

Snides

Sorry, but i tend to rely on facts from official resources, not gossip or hearsay. Where I work there is too much gossip and hearsay that it's hard to determine fact from fiction..

Snides said:
Sorry, but i tend to rely on facts from official resources, not gossip or hearsay. Where I work there is too much gossip and hearsay that it's hard to determine fact from fiction..
I understand and it is wise to do so...I am sorry too...for this and for that...but I never made up anything in the first place...And as you can see in that original post I also ask to all the people to inquire more on it...
That big news for some here...is old news for me...
:agree:

Beaker

All I can say is I'm glad the format/game is not changing - still 6+B/49.

Got 6 months to crack this one wide open. :agree:

Sidebar