Why does everyone post their picks??

Beaker

doc said:
I posted a very simple and perfectly legitimate comment/question. The first response
to that post was a very rude message that treated me as a blundering idiot and an
intruder. If I inadvertently posted to the wrong thread then I apologize. It won't
happen again. It wasn't my intent to make a "mess" of anything. I didn't join this
forum in order to be harshly rebuked by a snarly senior member or anyone else for
that matter. A little tact would have been appreciated.

I also didn't join in order to be preached to about the concepts of sharing or being
a team player. I wasn't born yesterday and although I may be a newcomer to this forum,
I can assure you that I am not a newcomer to lottery analysis and strategy. I have
a lot to offer and a lot to share with the members here, once I can establish a bit
of a presence and a bit of a rapport with a few people. However, my generosity does
not extend to using my knowledge and expertise in order to provide specific lottery
numbers to hundreds of perfect strangers, most of whom are probably lurkers that never
contribute anything in return. But that's just me. Everyone else is of course free
to act as they see fit. By no means am I trying to criticize anyone for publicly posting
their picks if that's what they enjoy doing.

Beaker

This is where this should be or 'Anything Goes'

Now, we can discuss.

I have
a lot to offer and a lot to share with the members here, once I can establish a bit
of a presence and a bit of a rapport with a few people. However, my generosity does
not extend to using my knowledge and expertise in order to provide specific lottery
numbers to hundreds of perfect strangers, most of whom are probably lurkers that never
contribute anything in return.
doc, I have no doubt you have alot to contribute and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here BUT
your post in the "Picks Thread" is as rude to me as my response back was to you. My intent was not to be rude but direct. We have few rules/conventions here but one of them we like to follow is - Picks only in the piks thread and discussion free-for-all in the other.
Some of us monitor players picks ;) to help with our own. The clutter just complicates that process.
my generosity does
contribute anything in return.

This statement is going to be a problem for you here because you don't see 1500 members contributing - you're going to have lurkers who may or may not want to contribute and play numbers - who cares if they do or don't?

I had this same problem when I first started posting here - lurkers playing without contributing. What's the solution? Not post? That takes away from the whole spirit of this board - which is to contribute to lotto discussions and win some money and I will not allow a lurker to take away my intent to post with fellow enthusiasts like yourself.

doc, when I look at other player's numbers, I'm not specifically looking to play the exact numbers but are there common numbers/combos people are playing that I might have missed.

doc, you're new here and allowed to fumble around a bit until you get the feel of the place. Let's set this on the right path,have some fun, and move forward.

I look forward to your contributions. :agree2:

Good luck :agree: :agree2:

Last edited:

Brad

Hi Doc and welcome,

there are other members here that are concerned with their picks being played by lurkers ... so why not post at or just after the deadline, but before the draw? May be inconvenient tho something to consider unless you play the same set for a stretch of draws.

Cheers

ps. Beak, you're in Questions and Answers ;)

Last edited:

Beaker

Brad said:
Hi Doc and welcome,

there are other members here that are concerned with their picks being played by lurkers ... so why not post at or just after the deadline, but before the draw? May be inconvenient tho something to consider unless you play the same set for a stretch of draws.

Cheers
This is a solution for sure but I think doc's issue is unfounded.

In all my time here I have only seen 2 players play the exact same set of numbers at the same time - Dennis and Peter. I would submit that the likelihood of them playing the exact ticket from their wheels is slim.

Honestly, those people who list tickets, I would never play - unless something hit me as a winner.

While I can understand people might think it happens, I just don't think it does. I've been wrong before. :notme:

Brad - I know should be in 'Anything Goes' :blush: apologies for the clutter :p:

Brad

Right ... the other thing being that no one really wins consistently enough, so who's picks are you going to choose ? That's like a lottery within a lottery.
Brad - I know should be in 'Anything Goes' apologies for the clutter
... yeah I know, nitpicker ... just wanted to see that red face :D

Beaker

Brad said:
Right ... the other thing being that no one really wins consistently enough, so who's picks are you going to choose ?
Precisely Brad. We have a lotto within the lotto boards. Whose picks shall I play for this one? Who has the winning set?
I always wonder....except for Dennis Bassboss hints - those I always look at :agree: :dance1:

peter

Doc, I did'nt intend to preach to you about team play. I thought I answered your question, why some of us post our numbers, now I must admit, the way you posed the question, I felt as if we are the idiots for doing so.I tried to offer my perspective, as to why some of us post our picks.
At one time or another, we all found our way to this board, and I'm sure we all lurked before deciding to join.
I would welcome your contributions, and look forward to discussions. We may not always agree, but my point was that together we all make a better team, and the end result should be that we all win more at the lotto.
I have learnt a great deal from other players here, and hope that maybe someone else has improved his play based on some of the things , that I have contributed.
Welcome.......:agree2: :wavey:

So doc please post only numbers in the picks thread from now on!:lol: I don't want to be rude here ...but you should now understand why?.... For the benefit of all other members that are respecting this tradition!Please doc....Please! :cry: :lol:

doc

Beaker said:
This is where this should be or 'Anything Goes'

Now, we can discuss.

doc, I have no doubt you have alot to contribute and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here

<SNIP>

doc, you're new here and allowed to fumble around a bit until you get the feel of the place. Let's set this on the right path,have some fun, and move forward.

I look forward to your contributions. :agree2:

Good luck :agree: :agree2:

Hello Beaker,

You're right---bad start. Let's forget it ever happened and move on.:agree:

doc

Brad said:
Hi Doc and welcome,

Cheers

ps. Beak, you're in Questions and Answers ;)

Hello Brad,

Thank you for the welcome. I have previously taken part in lottery trials on other web sites. Your suggestion above is precisely what I have done in the past. If I have specific numbers to publicly post, I don't do so until about 15 minutes before the cutoff time for that draw---just so it gets the timestamp to prove that I'm not past-posting.;)

doc

Dennis Bassboss said:
So doc please post only numbers in the picks thread from now on!:lol: I don't want to be rude here ...but you should now understand why?.... For the benefit of all other members that are respecting this tradition!Please doc....Please! :cry: :lol:

Message received loud and clear! Don't worry. I know how to conduct myself properly once I know the rules. My apologies again if I upset anyone, and my thanks to all those who have extended a warm welcome here and in other threads.

BTW---just for my own future reference---are you a guy that fishes for bass---or a guy that plays the bass? I like both.:lol:

doc

peter said:
Doc, I did'nt intend to preach to you about team play. I thought I answered your question, why some of us post our numbers, now I must admit, the way you posed the question, I felt as if we are the idiots for doing so.I tried to offer my perspective, as to why some of us post our picks.
At one time or another, we all found our way to this board, and I'm sure we all lurked before deciding to join.
I would welcome your contributions, and look forward to discussions. We may not always agree, but my point was that together we all make a better team, and the end result should be that we all win more at the lotto.
I have learnt a great deal from other players here, and hope that maybe someone else has improved his play based on some of the things , that I have contributed.
Welcome.......:agree2: :wavey:

Hello Peter,

Thank you. As I've already said to others, let's forget about a bad start and move on.:)

doc

Dennis Bassboss said:
Welcome from me as well doc! :agree:
OH! Bass is for fishing...I like it too! :agree2:

Well that's what I really thought to begin with. The bass is a wily fish---just like those wily lottery numbers that like to slip off your hook at the last moment. Thanks for your welcome. I appreciate it.:)

doc said:
Well that's what I really thought to begin with. The bass is a wily fish---just like those wily lottery numbers that like to slip off your hook at the last moment. Thanks for your welcome. I appreciate it.:)
Are you ever right about that one in Super 7 tonite they really slipped through my hands...I still can't believe how I miss them... :sick:

NmbrsDude

food for thought...

Hey Doc, and all those interested,

You brought up an interesting point when you "splashed" onto the board; welcome, by the way.
I wanted to give you some stats to chew on to help you realize that your fears are somewhat unrealistic in terms of what the members of this board stand to lose by posting numbers every draw.
First of all, as mentioned above, it's pretty hard to tell who's going to hit on any given draw off this board anyway. Besides, in my 18 months here, there's only been one guy who's gotten all 6 out of his 18 and that still doesn't come anywhere near guaranteeing a jackpot hit. As most of us know, and not to take anything away from his accomplishments because it is truly remarkable, the biggest prize he got out of those draws was 5/6 which, as we know, is usually worth anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500 on average. Based on that, the odds of all 1500 members on this board having to share the jackpot are probably pretty slim.
Secondly, assuming that we are able to line up our predictions and everyone on the board (1500) gets a 4/6 win out of it. Base on recent stats, there are an average of 11,500 winners of the 4/6 prize for a pool of approximately $780,000, again on average. This means that the average prize is about $67. Let's take our hypothetical scenario from the beginning of this paragraph and add 1,500 winners to this pool. They would now all take away about $60, instead of the one guy getting his $67. I don't know about you but I'm not too worried about the extra 7 bucks.
Thirdly, one may argue that if we are able to win 4/6 from a very good number set, we would probably also get some 3/6 winners out of it as well. Therefore, let's assume that everyone (1500) on this board wins 1 4/6 prize and 4 3/6 prizes each. On average, there are about 200,000 winners of 3/6 on any given draw. In our new scenario, there would be 206,000 which takes $60,000 away from the 4/6 pot, hypothetically. This now means that, instead of 1 guy getting 4/6 for $67 plus, 3/6 x 4 for $40 for a total of $107, all the members on this board, if you do the math, would win 4/6 for $53 plus 3/6 x 4 for $40 for a total of $93.
Conclusion: The one guy who made the prediction that everyone agreed was the best misses out on $14 but everyone else on the board is ahead $93. Which means the other millions of people who aren't on this board are the ones who truly lost an opportunity.
So stick around, and let's all share the wealth!!

ND
:cool:

Rebeckah

Not trying to be too *out there*, but on Art Bell's radio program he did an experiment where everyone listening who wanted to concentrated on something, and some professors at, I think it was Yale, tracked on some meterological equipment an actual change in Earth's readings, proving thoughts affect things.... I don't remember specific details about the experiment, it was years ago... anyhoo, I'm thinking, what if, as an *experiment* everybody *agreed* on some # hitting in the next 6/49? Like #13. Do you think it would hit? It'd be a cool experiment to see. & if it worked than everybody could agree on 6 winning #s and make them hit. Don't you wish it was that simple to win? :)

Sidebar