Where are the DN WHEELS

Beaker

Goswinus said:
Contrary to my earlier statement, CoverMaster is perfectly able to reproduce the C(46,3,2,3) wheel in 170 lines.
If anyone is interested, I'll post a copy of such a wheel in the Wheels section.
Goswinus, you are correct of course. But, like I have said before, an old request I have is to be able to dial up greater than 100% coverage :agree2:

I know a few programs can do this.

Last edited:

Goswinus

Beaker,

Of course you are absolutely right.
If you go for a C(46,3,2,3,6) i.e. 6 times a 2 hit guarantee you could do that in less than the expected 6*170=1020 lines, maybe even a lot less. That should give you a bigger share of the 5 number hit prize!

Bring on that :cow:, I'll :dance1: to the sound of falling money!

Geenie

Goswinus said:
Contrary to my earlier statement, CoverMaster is perfectly able to reproduce the C(46,3,2,3) wheel in 170 lines.
If anyone is interested, I'll post a copy of such a wheel in the Wheels section.

Goswinus, this is the info I needed to know but was afraid to ask :lol:
Thanks.

In Covermaster (0.55.2.0)
How exactly do I input?

I want 3DN: C(46,4,3,4) 1726 lines

Pool - 46
Pick - 4
match - 3
Hits - 4

if I generate it will give me thousands.
what other inputs I need?

:(

Goswinus

Geenie,

After entering Pool, Pick, Match, and Hits click the Generate button and the "Generate Cover" dialog will appear.

In the "Ticket Count" field, select "Up to max tickets" and enter "1726" in the next. Make sure NOT to click "Auto Optimize"!

After pressing "Start", CoverMaster will have generated an approx. 95% covering (maybe worse, maybe better).

Click "Finish".

Then, select "Optimize" from the "Tools menu".
Press "Start" to make CoverMaster optimize the design.
Depending on the calculation power of your puter, it'll take some time to achieve a 100% covering.

I'm not sure that CoverMaster will be able to achieve 100% for 1726 lines, but I know of the existence of such a design.

If you're in a hurry, or simply not patient enough, you may let CoverMaster generate another couple of lines (for instance up to 1750 lines) and try to optimize them to a 100% covering.

Geenie

Brad said:
Geenie,

files are on their way, I added a few more 'inbetweeners' for pick 6... you'll see what I mean ... then I ran out of time to do the same for pick 7, can do those later if needed, let me know.

Pls check the last line of each file as there may be some 'extra' characters my prog sometimes puts in ... think I deleted all but won't hurt to double-check.

Cheers, hope you win big :agree:

Thanks alot Brad!

Get ready to post your bank account info.

;)

Goswinus

Beaker said:
Goswinus, you are correct of course. But, like I have said before, an old request I have is to be able to dial up greater than 100% coverage :agree2:

I know a few programs can do this.

Beaker,

There are a lot of programs providing a greater than 100% coverage, but that is mainly because they are crap :D

But seriously now, I know of only 1 program that is able to give me a design for a covering with more than 1 guarantee.
This is a program using simulated anealing, originally developed by Kari Nurmela and Patric Ostergard.
But it can't deal with designs with more than 23 numbers.
Do you know a program that can handle more?

Beaker

Goswinus said:
Beaker,

There are a lot of programs providing a greater than 100% coverage, but that is mainly because they are crap :D

But seriously now, I know of only 1 program that is able to give me a design for a covering with more than 1 guarantee.
This is a program using simulated anealing, originally developed by Kari Nurmela and Patric Ostergard.
But it can't deal with designs with more than 23 numbers.
Do you know a program that can handle more?
My understanding is that Gail Howard can do it - but I may be mistaken on that one.

The other place is lottogenius.com - nmbrsdude can confirm that one :agree2:

I could be wrong with this Goswinus :agree: I don't understand the math well enough to know why it can't be done :agree2:

Goswinus

Beaker,

GH likes balanced wheels and falls in the category 100+%.
At first glance, lottogenius.com can't do the trick either.

I'm not too familiar with the math, but the simulated anealing program does some nice things.

Here's an example of what I really need (and USE!):

A "regular" C(15,6,3,6) design consist of 4 lines.
To state the obvious: this will give you 1 hit of 3 numbers.
If you want 2 hits of 3 numbers, you can create a C(15,6,3,6,2) in 7 lines, which is better than the expected 8 (2 times 4).
Taking it further:

C(15,6,3,6,1)=4
C(15,6,3,6,2)=7
C(15,6,3,6,3)=10
C(15,6,3,6,4)=12
etc.

In order to achieve 4 wins, you could play 4 times the 4 line design, but it's obviously cheaper to play the 12 line design to achieve the same result.

For me, this type of info is essential, because all prizes 5+0 and less are "fixed" over here. But even with variable prizes, it will give you a bigger cut of the cake.

Goswinus

...continued

To continue the previous post, the problem is not math, but memory.

CoverMaster may be not too fast with big designs and it may not optimize them as well as could be done, but at least it CAN produce a C(45,6...) design.
It find the C(15,6,3,6,1)=4 design too, but unfortunately it can not find design a C(15,6,3,6,2).

The current world record for C(49,6,3,6[,1])=163.
Wouldn't you like to see a C(49,6,3,6,10)?
Maybe it can be done in 1000 lines (wishful thinking I guess).

Goswinus

Dennis Bassboss said:
But do not expect to find your cover there Goswinus ..... :dang:

Dennis,

I've had 5 years of french in high school, but I wouldn't be able to find a thing on that site! :D

Goswinus said:
Dennis,

I've had 5 years of french in high school, but I wouldn't be able to find a thing on that site! :D
Yes someone told me of your '''good schools'' down there :lol: ....Just many wheels + filtering systems......Double coverage....That's it but it shows some large wheels But no Dns wheels at all.... :heul:

Beaker

Goswinus said:
Beaker,

GH likes balanced wheels and falls in the category 100+%.
At first glance, lottogenius.com can't do the trick either.

I'm not too familiar with the math, but the simulated anealing program does some nice things.

Here's an example of what I really need (and USE!):

A "regular" C(15,6,3,6) design consist of 4 lines.
To state the obvious: this will give you 1 hit of 3 numbers.
If you want 2 hits of 3 numbers, you can create a C(15,6,3,6,2) in 7 lines, which is better than the expected 8 (2 times 4).
Taking it further:

C(15,6,3,6,1)=4
C(15,6,3,6,2)=7
C(15,6,3,6,3)=10
C(15,6,3,6,4)=12
etc.

In order to achieve 4 wins, you could play 4 times the 4 line design, but it's obviously cheaper to play the 12 line design to achieve the same result.

For me, this type of info is essential, because all prizes 5+0 and less are "fixed" over here. But even with variable prizes, it will give you a bigger cut of the cake.

This is what I want also :agree: I like C(12,6,5,6) =42 it's 100% or the 95% but the odd time I want to play a few more $$ I'd like to be able to dial that up to say 50 or 60. This preserves the guarantee and also allows me to hit some of the lower prizes if I only hit 3 or 4 :agree:

The other way to look at it, as suggested by Dennis, is to play C(12,6,4,4) which gives you the lower prizes and a good chance to hit the 5 or maybe 6 if you are that lucky. :agree2:

Glad I got this one out :mad3:

Last edited:

Goswinus

Beaker,

I may have to change my name to IKEB now, but the C(12,6,5,6) can actually be done in 38 lines, saving you an extra 4 lines.
But even better, the "cover" program accomplished C(12,6,5,6,2) in 66 lines (and it might even find a smaller design too).

So, for an extra 28 lines (or just 24 more than your 42 lines), you'll get a 200% guarantee and a few more shots at other prices.

Imagine what it can do for a 300% guarantee.

One that I am currently working on...is a pick 4 with garantee 3/4 ...30 numbers....2 DN ...covering where most of the bell curves hit and heavely filtered to the bone....by decades, LDs, consecutives, Width of lines average....etc...
At first, I have started building one using announcers only....now I'm looking on adding these filters to it....Mine starts at 1020 lines I'm using the one from ''Method of construction:covering by Adolf Muehl''...and It goes down quickly with the announcers grid ...I went down to 235 only using this approach...I think than by adding the other filtering systems that I can bring it down to 90 lines or 100 lines...or maybe more still holding most of the core of the wheel in terms of hits.... It has hit 9 times for 4 in the last 3 months...(on one occasion five+bonus)But I did not play it in either of these draws and besides on none of these occasions I was on target with both of the DNs...I'm just experimenting with it not playing it...for the moment...
:eek2: :eek3:

Beaker

I have that 38 number one, I think from Covermaster :agree2: I have that 66 combo one also courtesy of Dennis :agree2: I think

I also have the super 132 for special occasions :lol:

Goswinus

Dennis,

Are you telling me you're using a C(30,4,3,4) design with 1020 lines before filtering? :heul:
I don't actually have the 469 lines record version, but I bet that CoverMaster can achieve a lot better than 1020!

Goswinus said:
Beaker,

I may have to change my name to IKEB now, but the C(12,6,5,6) can actually be done in 38 lines, saving you an extra 4 lines.
But even better, the "cover" program accomplished C(12,6,5,6,2) in 66 lines (and it might even find a smaller design too).

So, for an extra 28 lines (or just 24 more than your 42 lines), you'll get a 200% guarantee and a few more shots at other prices.

Imagine what it can do for a 300% guarantee.
What I'm looking for more and more is to have double garantee in a wheel if I'm not using any DN...You can hold a 5/6 with a 4/4 at the same time inside a wheel and that is interesting... :clown:

Goswinus said:
Dennis,

Are you telling me you're using a C(30,4,3,4) design with 1020 lines before filtering? :heul:
I don't actually have the 469 lines record version, but I bet that CoverMaster can achieve a lot better than 1020!
I don't think that it is necessairely a good idea to cut down the numbers of lines before filtering when the filtering will do just that for you... You may have fewer lines to start with but you may also end up with fewer lines after filtering... What I'm saying is that in most cases...You only have that many lines that are all around goodies...respecting some specifications of your filtering system... And in most shorter wheels you do not have many lines that are goodies...My bigger whell once brought down to a lower total combination s might hold many winners that your shorter wheel to start with won't have! :agree:

Sidebar