Known Lurkers, who do not post.

peter said:
Dennis, you must see this in your classroom when you give out group assignments 3 in the group work, while one loafs around, Do you reward each one equally?
You wouldn't believe me what I do ....even if I told you....
I'll just tell you that my classroom is pretty clean..

peter

I noticed Irvin (who posts regularly) was the only voice to defend the side of lurkers, And I respect his comments and position, However ,still none of the lurkers has posted and said. Hi! I am lurking, for what ever reason.
If you enter someones home and snoop around, at least have the balls to come out and tell people why you are there.

gsobier

Dennis:

The world need more teachers like you in this world for our students:agree:.

My, my, such an entertaining thread Peter:agree2:.

Regards,
George:)
Dennis Bassboss said:
You wouldn't believe me what I do ....even if I told you....
I'll just tell you that my classroom is pretty clean..

gsobier

Peter:

Good one... ...I'd sure bet Dennis would nail anyone cheating on a test or copying a homework assignment.

Regards,
peter said:
I noticed Irvin (who posts regularly) was the only voice to defend the side of lurkers, And I respect his comments and position, However ,still none of the lurkers has posted and said. Hi! I am lurking, for what ever reason.
If you enter someones home and snoop around, at least have the balls to come out and tell people why you are there.

peter

gsobier said:
Peter:

Good one... ...I'd sure bet Dennis would nail anyone cheating on a test or copying a homework assignment.

Regards,
I'd hate to be caught cheating in Dennis's class, for that matter, if I was a student, I'd hate to be in his class.... period.:lol:

gsobier

Peter:

You would not want to be a slacker:mad4: in mine either.

Regards,
peter said:
I'd hate to be caught cheating in Dennis's class, for that matter, if I was a student, I'd hate to be in his class.... period.:lol:

peter

system13 said:
What a sad thread this is. :dang:
I'd like to think that this thread has caused some new people to post. I see several new faces on board, and I think it's great.
The WeatherMan, to name one, and there are a few others, And I have enjoyed his posts.New blood is always welcomed.:agree: :agree2:

peter

gsobier said:
Peter:

You would not want to be a slacker:mad4: in mine either.

Regards,
I did not know you were a teacher George, I had you pegged for an accountant, don't know why?:lol:

gsobier

Peter:

That's the idea:agree:... ...they should ask questions why... ...they came to learn things here... ...they would get more asking. Remember when I joined:lol:.

The funniest was when Dennis accused me of being a liar... ...that was a comedy.

Regards,
peter said:
I'd like to think that this thread has caused some new people to post. I see several new faces on board, and I think it's great.
The WeatherMan, to name one, and there are a few others, And I have enjoyed his posts.New blood is always welcomed.:agree: :agree2:

peter

You have gained my respect George, and you have credibility, I'm glad you stuck it out.
Just goes to show you, that from that incident, we all should have learn't tolerance, I know I have!:agree2:

gsobier

Peter:

No, I'm not a teacher but would be a damned good one if I did.. ...its lots of hard work to be a good one at an almost thankless job at times... ...I'm a programmer by profession... ...an accountant, no sir:no: YUK!

Regards,
peter said:
I did not know you were a teacher George, I had you pegged for an accountant, don't know why?:lol:

gsobier said:
Peter:

That's the idea:agree:... ...they should ask questions why... ...they came to learn things here... ...they would get more asking. Remember when I joined:lol:.

The funniest was when Dennis accused me of being a liar... ...that was a comedy.

Regards,
To tell you the truth I tought at the time that you were an alias of some other fellows already here...But Dennis always make the true story to surface somehow and I was wrong on that one...I explained my point then...
If I recall you did not go on any irrespectfull cruisade of unfounded posts towards my person ...you calmly explained your position...
And mutual respect just sat in between us...

gsobier

Dennis:

That incident caught me off guard... ...its really hard to know at times who and even what:eek: you might be talking too. BTW, if you didn't check your E-Mail on the internet today, I'd do it ASAP:agree:. The same goes for Beaker and Peter.

Regards,

Dennis Bassboss said:
To tell you the truth I tought at the time that you were an alias of some other fellows already here...But Dennis always make the true story to surface somehow and I was wrong on that one...I explained my point then...
If I recall you did not go on any irrespectfull cruisade of unfounded posts towards my person ...you calmly explained your position...
And mutual respect just sat in between us...

Beaker

gsobier said:
Dennis:

That incident caught me off guard... ...its really hard to know at times who and even what:eek: you might be talking too. BTW, if you didn't check your E-Mail on the internet today, I'd do it ASAP:agree:. The same goes for Beaker and Peter.

Regards,
Taking a look at this right now - interesting :eek:

Thanks for that :agree2:

system13

peter said:
For such a sad thread, it certainly gained a lot of attention and commentary from several "Posting Members" yourself included.
And in case you missed the point, the point was to bring attention to the fact we see the "SAME LURKERS" continually.
I could care less about people who wish to "LURK" for what ever the reason.
I will continue to post, my Ideas,Thoughts, Comments,Statistics,and my numbers, If you want to use these great, does'nt bother me in the least.
Here is an analogy, that best explains, my thoughts on "lurkers"
There are 10 people in a company, and the boss says to the group, he needs a specific assignment completed by a specific date.If the group completes this task each member will be rewarded with a bonus of 10,000 dollars. now 7 members of the 10 go off and bust there butt, however the remaining 3 know full well that the group of 7 will get the work done, and their lack of contribution will still give them the bonus.It is a reflection of our society today, There are givers, and there are takers, you must ask yourself,"which one are you?"
I rest my case.

Just because this thread gained a lot of attention it doesn't mean that it isn't a sad one.
In my book its still a sad one,and I didn't missed your point,just that its a flawed one.

No need to put any lurkers name on the wall,amongst them may be genuine people that might contribute along the way and its unnecessary to be puted off like this.

You're controverse,to say at least.In one line you're bothered by lurkers not posting,just to say in another line that you couldn't care less.So what is it,make your mind.

I rest my case as well.

system13 said:
Whether someone decides to post or not, it is his/her personal choice and I fail to see the reason why this thread was brought up in the first place. Only thing I can see here is that unnecessary irony and sarcasm dribblings are provocing yet another winless battle of egos.:dang:
We have to respect each other,not to put someone off or fear of being put off by someone.This forum will suffer in the end because of that.
Not because Dennis might go, but because some other "Dennis" might replace him.And nothing will change.
Lets call it a day and try to make a fresh start,all of us.

:agree:

:)
Nothing will change???
I have and I will always respect you and your opinions system 13 maybe you should respect others opinions as well.... now could you change my name for yours into that quoted post...With all my respect I can!
Lets call it a day and try to make a fresh start,all of us.

Sidebar