I didn't know G/H said that!

winhunter

Rebeckah said from another site
Gail Howard suggests 1/2, but from my experience of having all 6 winning #s picked, but not getting them in a winning combo together, I say she's wrong. But she's interested in selling software, and correct # selection & lower prize wins *show* her stuff works. But it's not giving you what you really want.

If you're a system player & your techniques for # selection are good, you should be able {over time) to keep reducing your # selection group while increasing the amount of #s you get right. Until you win.... that's the THEORY, & we all know real life & theory are mostly dissimilar.

WHAT?!!?!?!?!!!!!

You're kidding me. All this time I have been honing WINHunter stacks to produce as few numbers as possible in order to show wins, when I am already at the heels of the big software/book Giant herself?

Perhaps we need to challenge all the other software out there, and see what we all get!! Wheels are great, but whohooo, so what if you have a guarenteed 3if6in26 (IMHO!!)

I agree with Rebeckah here, up to a point. This is where software that can trend (as best as possible at this point in project development) will be the key to more consistent wins.

It's time WINHunter got with the program and started to DIS' some of those other softwares that are out there!:uzi:

Andrew

Rebeckah

Andrew, GH just did it FIRST. The general attitude in lotto world is to keep your *system* to yourself, lest you share it with somebody else & THEY win, while you don't and then you look like a fool. ???! That's my guess as to why no one wants to share their *secrets*. Yes, some ppl do, but even then, not ALL. My belief is that if we all share and work together we'll all go further, but I may be alone in that thinking. I know if I won a JP with somebody's help, I would compensate them $$$... uh..... tangent rant, sorry. That's just been bugging me for awhile.

Anyhoo, my disillusionment with GH came from me selecting ALL the winning numbers in my set, over & over again, but not winning the JP cuz her wheels are so sucky. Yes, a 3if6 *guarantee* means squat to me. I want the JP. A smaller win is nice, but I won't trade a JP for a 3,6 *guaranteed*. & I think that's what some of her wheels do. No, I can't PROVE that, it's just a bad feeling I have from my experiences.

I think your biggest challenge with Winhunter is to keep making it more user friendly. Easy to learn, quick to read & understand the help file. Educational examples. You know that. {humans are lazy} More people will use it if they understand it, & then they will start advocating it's use. A good sw speaks for itself my friend. ;) & yours IS really good, albeit still kind of intimidating to me.

I also think you're on to something with the trend concept. That's something we have to figure out ourselves so far. The only factual/mechanical way a trend could be spotted, in my mind, is to track ball sets. Other than that, *factual* trend spotting is all hindsight, with the human doing the subjective predicting. Getting a computer to do subject predicting is really verging on AI, don't you think mad scientist? :lol:

winhunter

<<insert MAD laugh here>>

MuuuuwahhhhhHAHAHAHAAaaaaaa!

Ok,

The general attitude in lotto world is to keep your *system* to yourself, lest you share it with somebody else & THEY win, while you don't and then you look like a fool.
I seem to be picking up on this too. I don't really understand it either. Most peeps I talk to with their own software are in DIFFERENT STATES, or worse in different countries. The other interesting thing, is that I can't seem to attract outside developers into the project. I don't know if they just don't like the code (too advanced), or if it is just too busy (my sorry programming skills splattered into semi-functional code.):rolleyes:

Honestly, It wouldnt bother me one bit if someone in my own state won the lottery with my program. In fact, I would cheer!!

I think your biggest challenge with Winhunter is to keep making it more user friendly.

I couldn't agree more! As I get feedback from those users that struggle with it, I find out what needs to change. There are a couple of homework exercises in the WINHunter forum that help guide you through getting familiar with some of the major functions of WINHunter. If you have read through the help file, then you might have a good understanding of what is going on, if not then just post your questions in the
General section. Also, WINHunter looks more like a manly program, it needs to be more female friendly.

Typically most of my time spent inside WINHunter is setting up the next Filter Optimzer Run after looking over the performance levels of the Results it stored. Outside of that, it is just time thinking about what else I need to fix/code into it to make it better. Some days I spend some time in the help file, it just depends. If you haven' t noticed though, I am learning alot from Brad/Beaker/Combo and now even thornc is getting into the swing of things! (If I left anyone else out, I didn't mean to!

I also think you're on to something with the trend concept. That's something we have to figure out ourselves so far. The only factual/mechanical way a trend could be spotted, in my mind, is to track ball sets. Other than that, *factual* trend spotting is all hindsight, with the human doing the subjective predicting. Getting a computer to do subject predicting is really verging on AI, don't you think mad scientist?

I'm not the origionator of the trending idea, let me assure you of that. But what I want to see down the road in WINHunter is the ability for it to trend stacks and how well or not so well they are performing. I can't help but keep thinking though, that all this effort will only come full circle, and WINHunter will end up having to learn to predict winning stacks, instead of Winning numbers....

Andrew

P.S. - . I have yet to get any real female feedback on WINHunter, other than what you have submitted.:sad:

Rebeckah

Well, to make it not so intimidating?.... maybe do like windows & have a short simple *getting started* walkthrough that'll produce a prediction? That way everybody can get their feet wet right away, and then once they get the *hang* of it, they can dig deeper into things. One prob for me was that there's so many choices & things to do that I can't pick, or try to do them all at once. & I like to know the WHYS. Why would I pick one processor over another? What does changing weights do? Where would I start and why? etc. Just keep your help file simple, like you're teaching a 3yo how to do it. & then you can also have the super elaborate descriptions & all for those who delve deeper. You want to get people USING your sw, quickly, so that they then get hooked on it! & then they'll learn more in time. darn that 2 minute attention span! but I'll admit I have one too. :lol: & I still haven't dowloaded the latest version cuz I have to switch computers, & I haven't had time to read the new help file, so AFAIK you may already have a great walkthru?

Rebeckah

making it more female friendly? Maybe put some bowls of potpurri out? :lol: Offer a free massage with download? :lol: Just playing. I think keeping it simple is the key to getting it used. Being of good quality & helpful, {which it is} will keep it being used. Your sw has alot somebody can grow into, it's just getting ppl going with it that seems to be your prob?

Brad

Re: <<insert MAD laugh here>>

winhunter said:
... snip ... I have yet to get any real female feedback on WINHunter, other than what you have submitted.:sad:
... btw is that a REAL FEMALE feedback or a real FEMALE FEEDBACK you're looking for? ... what's the opposite of a Real Female? ... :confused:

this is Anything Goes, isn't it ?? :dizzy:

Re: Re: <<insert MAD laugh here>>

Brad said:
... btw is that a REAL FEMALE feedback or a real FEMALE FEEDBACK you're looking for? ... what's the opposite of a Real Female? ... :confused:

this is Anything Goes, isn't it ?? :dizzy:
An unreal female I guess.... :confused:

peter

Sorry Beaker, I could'nt read your response, I got white out all over my screen........... Oh I see it now!,now that I scrolled down.:lol:

Rebeckah

Re: <<insert MAD laugh here>>

winhunter said:
P.S. - . I have yet to get any real female feedback on WINHunter, other than what you have submitted.:sad:

Oh my, this was high praise indeed, and I missed it. But thanks Brad, for pointing that out to me! I'm sure Andrew meant it that I'm a REAL female...... MMMMmmmmm, this sure has goten my rrrrrrarrrrrwwww up today.........
* I am woman hear me roar*..... :lol:

winhunter

Roar?

Squeak!

Pehaps you should just download the current help file and give it a good reading over! Just goto this thread and download it from the link at the topmost post (it's JUST the help file about 300k I think).

http://www.lotto649.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2009

Maybe then you will grasp the concept of what is going on with WINHunter!

When your done reading, I expect a bookreport though! *ROAR*:agree:

Andrew:liplick:

winhunter

I did that

Rebeckah said:
Well, to make it not so intimidating?.... maybe do like windows & have a short simple *getting started* walkthrough that'll produce a prediction? That way everybody can get their feet wet right away, and then once they get the *hang* of it, they can dig deeper into things. One prob for me was that there's so many choices & things to do that I can't pick, or try to do them all at once. & I like to know the WHYS. Why would I pick one processor over another? What does changing weights do? Where would I start and why? etc. Just keep your help file simple, like you're teaching a 3yo how to do it. & then you can also have the super elaborate descriptions & all for those who delve deeper. You want to get people USING your sw, quickly, so that they then get hooked on it! & then they'll learn more in time. darn that 2 minute attention span! but I'll admit I have one too. :lol: & I still haven't dowloaded the latest version cuz I have to switch computers, & I haven't had time to read the new help file, so AFAIK you may already have a great walkthru?

That is my HOMEWORK assignments in the WINHunter forums...

...I thought I included those in the help file? Maybe they are TOO obscure...

...Ok, I went and looked and they arent in the help file. I will include them right at the beginning in the "GETTING STARTED" section as you suggested!

Andrew :read:

aaa_2500

Rebeckah,

>The general attitude in lotto world is to keep your *system* to
>yourself, lest you share it with somebody else & THEY win, while
>you don't and then you look like a fool. ???!

I just noticed this topic and thought I would give a little input.

Most of the lotto enthusiasts I know, who doesn't share their research and strategy are not scared of looking like a fool.

They are, however, very careful about giving away something they have worked very hard to gain... Knowledge and understanding above the usual sums and wheels. It can take as little as a few hours of programming to be able to deploy a strategy effectively.

I myself stopped posting on this and other forums and even deleted many posts when I realized what WinHunter was doing. I only really participate on a private forum, with a small number of people with similar feelings. I know that other groups have chosen to make their own BBS systems in order to keep their discussions private.

I have been researching my local lotto for 15 years, building program after program, one more advanced than the other, and yet What took me years to formulate can be applied in a few hours by someone who knows how it works. Knowing how is 99% of the invention.

So it's not about looking stupid, but rather about giving away a child ;) And sharing does happen, but not on public forums.

And just to clarify, I have no ill will against WinHunter!

Andy

Beaker

But isn't that the definition of genius - 1% inspiration 99% perspiration :agree:

I think most lotto enthusiasts have their gems after many years of work. I truly believe those that perservere will win BIG in the end whether with their own gems or someone else's.

Good luck with your quest Andy and post your thoughts when/if you feel inclined :agree2: :agree: This community is only as good as the contributions people make.

Rebeckah

I guess I just don't understand why people think it's necessary to keep things to themselves. My view of the world is that we're all here together & have to rely on each other. Growth comes when we ALL move ahead. Not just one gifted individual excelling in their solitude. What would have happened if Einstein, Edison, Bill Gates, great artists and writers, etc, never shared with the world? Yes, they had personal gain, which was proportionate to how they helped the world. In most cases anyways. Bill Gates being an extreme example. Like Van Gogh never profited much... but, in past history things moved slower as compared to now.

Selfish witholding hurts everybody. The more you freely give of yourself, the more the Universe, God, Spirit, Law of Equation, {whatever you want to call it} is going to give to you.

To use your *child* analogy... do you keep your child locked in their room? No. you send them to day school, you let them go outside and make friends with the neighbors kids, they share their toys, themselves, their knowledge. & the world becomes a better place cuz your kid has shared themselves with the world. Unless, of course your kid is a nasty brat, then it just causes grief.

Maybe what REALLY bothers me is when people just hint at their secrets as if only to be mean, or tease others. It's an immature way to get attention. If you have something to share, then share it openly. But don't come on here & say that you're a member of a secret club using secret tactics & you're not going to invite me in ;)or share at all. That's just downright nasty & immature, like: nah-nah-naa-nah-nah! :tongue2:
:lol:
PS: How can I find these secret clubs & join in so I can be nasty & immature too? ;)
& BTW I do understand why this happens as having a newbie on the board ask about announcers every week becomes REALLY tiresome and annoying. There *should* be an exclusive place for top level players who don't have to spend all their time explaing basic strategy. I'm just bummed I'm not a part of it yet. :lol:

Rebeckah

Rebeckah said:
The general attitude in lotto world is to keep your *system* to yourself, lest you share it with somebody else & THEY win, while you don't and then you look like a fool. ???!

*Selfish witholders* will feel like fools if they share & others benefit from their work. Those are primal emotions of fear acting within power hierarchies.

*Advanced humans* understand the benefits of growth through sharing and act accordingly. Based on the higher emotions of love & kindness.

You decide for yourself which category you're in. :)
{Howz that for a little Psychology 101 this morning?}

system13

Rebeckah said:
*Selfish witholders* will feel like fools if they share & others benefit from their work. Those are primal emotions of fear acting within power hierarchies.

*Advanced humans* understand the benefits of growth through sharing and act accordingly. Based on the higher emotions of love & kindness.

You decide for yourself which category you're in. :)
{Howz that for a little Psychology 101 this morning?}

I dont like these black and white categories because every human acts in a wide range of emotions thru different situations with different people showing different faces.
One can be soo"advanced" towards somebody but very "selfish" towards somebody else or even to the same person or group of people thru time so it`s more of a grey zone the way I see it.

Just my 2 cents though.:)

aaa_2500

>Yes, they had personal gain, which was proportionate to how
>they helped the world. In most cases anyways. Bill Gates being >an extreme example.

Bill Gates is a very good example of why not to share. No other person in history has stifled innovation to such an extent, destroyed so many small businesses and and made so much money on other people's work.

>Selfish witholding hurts everybody. The more you freely give of
>yourself, the more the Universe, God, Spirit, Law of Equation,
>{whatever you want to call it} is going to give to you.

You just keep believing that!

>To use your *child* analogy... do you keep your child locked in
>their room?

A very misguided analogy. A better analogy would be... Do I give my child to society, because sharing is considered better for all... Some cultures do that, and children were close to being considered state property in the old Marxist-Leninist eastern europe.

>Maybe what REALLY bothers me is when people just hint at
>their secrets as if only to be mean, or tease others. It's an
>immature way to get attention. If you have something to share,
>then share it openly.

This kind of post is exactly why I don't wish to share.

You asked:
>>The general attitude in lotto world is to keep your *system* to
>>yourself, lest you share it with somebody else & THEY win,
>>while you don't and then you look like a fool. ???!

And I replied!

>But don't come on here & say that you're a
>member of a secret club using secret tactics & you're not going
>to invite me in or share at all. That's just downright nasty &
>immature, like: nah-nah-naa-nah-nah!

I don't really consider it a secret club using secret tactics... More of a BBS for likeminded people with a strange hobby. I never commented on whether or not you could 'get in'. Try to relax a little...

>PS: How can I find these secret clubs & join in so I can be nasty
>& immature too?

I had some lengthy email correspondence with some very knowledgable people, and we decided to set up a dedicated forum much like this, but also enabling us to share code and other interesting additions. Setting it up and doing the paperwork was the most difficult part.

>& BTW I do understand why this happens as having a newbie
>on the board ask about announcers every week becomes
>REALLY tiresome and annoying. There *should* be an exclusive
>place for top level players who don't have to spend all their time
>explaing basic strategy. I'm just bummed I'm not a part of it yet.

Reminds me of an episode of 'Frasier', where he and his brother where accepted into an exclusive club... They were thrilled and couldn't wait to tell everyone, but then they realized that there was a door behind which was an even more exclusive part of the club, but they did not have access to that part. It quickly became an obsession to get acces into the more exclusive part, and they did, only to find another door...

Andy

Irvin

Rebeckah :wavey:

I agree with what you have said. I am a strong believer in what goes around comes around.

I try to be helpful to people around me and some of them have helped me when I needed it.

I did have one bad experience though.

I helped someone move up the ladder so they can further advance themselves.

My reward was a knife in the back from the same person along with a new manager who is destroying the company.

What did I do?....I left. And as usual they realised they are losing a lot of experience but it was too late.

Good thing though this year has been very lucky for me....I have won a lot of things including a holiday for 2 to Australia and Singapore So hopefully I will win the lotto to...still 5 months of this year to go.

Regards,

Irvin :wavey:

Sidebar