I didn't know G/H said that!

Brad

To share or not to share is a personal choice, not a demand

Hmmm ... hard to picture Einstein as a newbie in his field but even he started in grade 1 (at least I think he did) ... someone must have introduced him to a few things along the way :teach:

So is it a good idea to shut out inquisitive newcomers? Or gauge them on their abilities or past experiences? Do they have to submit IQ scores prior to being accepted? I think we're all here to gain an insight or two to help us in our quest, be it for love of the challenge or in hopes of monetary gain, or for whatever reason ...

There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this board without a doubt. That alone doesn't make it unique, but what helps it stand out well above other BB sites is the fact that many here are willing to share ... so I would go as far to say that by being a member you already belong to a club comprised mostly of what Rebeckah calls *Advanced Humans*:D (hard to avoid labels sometimes ) ... whether they do it for love or other reasons.

It's all about choice ... if someone doesn't like this board and feels there's a better BB or way to achieve their goals, they should go there and good luck to them. However it's difficult to understand their motives (needs?) to come back and hint about superior achievements on better forums ... without giving real examples.

It may be a bit idealistic to say this but a lot of paranoia could be avoided by not subscribing to this "let's make our own exclusive camp" attitude. Wouldn't it be more usefull to spend our efforts crunching numbers rather than overanalyzing our opinions?

Long live the Forum and WINHunter ... if anyone knows of a better BB or free software pls let me know :dizzy:

my2cents :wavey:

Beaker

Nobody is more advanced with WinHunter than this group. When we crack this we are going to hit VERY BIG.

I agree with Andy to this extent. Brad, you know Lottoman SW. I spent ALOT of time configuring that one and while I would give the list of predictions by position to someone, I might keep the final CI and methods to myself. But the difference with WinHunter is we are all working hard at that. If I find something, this board will be the first to know.

The more I think about this issue the more I have to shake my head. If you have something, share it :agree: It's the friggin lotto corp we are fighting and the astonomical odds not each other. There is enough $$ to go around :agree2:

winhunter

aaa_2500 said:
Bill Gates is a very good example of why not to share. No other person in history has stifled innovation to such an extent, destroyed so many small businesses and and made so much money on other people's work.

How ironic, in the simple fact that WINHunter is written in Microsoft Visual Basic!:D

Originally posted by Irvin
I did have one bad experience though.

I helped someone move up the ladder so they can further advance themselves.

My reward was a knife in the back from the same person along with a new manager who is destroying the company.

The sourcecode of WINHunter is freely available, so no backstabbing going on here! I modeled the availability of WINHunter after Linux in the hopes that more and more developers would jump on board over time and contribute to the project. I guess the project is either to boring for most other programmers, or else they just don't belileve that a lottery can be cracked. Who knows... :confused:

What I guess I love the most about this project is the simple fact that it shows what CAN be done with software. I have TONS of ideas for WINHunter, too many for me to ever think about being able to code them all. But consider this one idea alone.

There are several ways of distributing tasks to client computers from a master computer. Currently, WINHunter is only capable of being a client for a Distribution Server. But what if WINHunter WAS the server, and it distributed the Processor tasks, and the only return was a simple array of score values. EAch client computer would only process the single processor that it was assigned! Think of it as parallel processing. Multiple computers crunching data simultaneously, with the master server combining the data into the final output and running it through the selector functions. Would it be faster than a single stand alone computer? I don't know.

Wheeling software could benefit from this same technology, and considering the fact that Nick's software is written in VB script, I don't doubt for a minute the possibility that he might consider using some of WINHunter's distibution server code. That is the beauty behind opensource. Nick NEVER has to ask if he can use the code!

To be totally honest, most of the ideas that are coded into WINHunter are not my own.

Andy, you are right. Once I can grasp a concept that a user proposes, I will convert it into a processor that score's numbers based on that concept. The true reason I do this, is to enable users to answer questions about that concept, to be able to test it in manners that hard coded software prevent.

Case in point, a program called Lotto Cheetah. Let me start be saying that I have not reviewed this software, but from the developer's statements, I understand enough about how this software works. One of the concepts in this software is to take the past history in 5 draw increments, and generate predictions on those increments (each increment being added to the previous increments). Where this software is limiting is that you can never adjust those increments! What if you wanted to take increments in 7s instead of 5s? Granted, his software does make some successful predictions on some level or another (doesn't ALL lottery software make SOME successful prediction at some point or another?)

My point is that as a user you are stuck with the methods the author has designed into the software. There is no way for you to build from his ideas. It's alot like buying a condo. You can't do much other than redecorate.

Not every user likes to poke around under the hood. I totally understand that, and for those users I do NOT recommend WINHunter.

Andrew

aaa_2500

It is interesting how I said

>I only really participate on a private forum, with a small number
>of people with similar feelings. I know that other groups have
>chosen to make their own BBS systems in order to keep their
>discussions private.

And then people claim that I said something like...

> But don't come on here & say that you're a member of a secret
>club using secret tactics & you're not going to invite me in or
>share at all. That's just downright nasty & immature, like: nah-
>nah-naa-nah-nah!

>However it's difficult to understand their motives (needs?) to
>come back and hint about superior achievements on better
>forums ... without giving real examples.

You people read alot of bad things into my posts, which I never wrote or implied.

>*Selfish witholders* will feel like fools if they share & others
>benefit from their work. Those are primal emotions of fear acting
>within power hierarchies.
>
>*Advanced humans* understand the benefits of growth through
>sharing and act accordingly. Based on the higher emotions of
>love & kindness.
>
>You decide for yourself which category you're in.
>{Howz that for a little Psychology 101 this morning?}

I also eat children and kill men... When I am done, I fornicate with the devil and together we plot worldomination by killing the 7th son of the 7th son and creating the diabolical trinity to bring about the the rule of the wicked one... Oh and Lucifer is really not such a bad guy, he is really just mis-understood... Oh look at the time, about time I get some sleep... back to my coffin!

When you lay claim to being loving and kind and then reduce someone who doesn't share your opinion, to being unloving and unkind, it speaks volumes about how loving and kind you yourself are.

I'll take the implied advice and not post here again... I wish you all good luck in your quest!

Andy

Last edited:

peter

Beaker said:
Sheesh :dizzy: I wonder what they talk about in their lotto club :eek:

:uzi: :devil: :smash:
........./0\
-------/:liplick:\---------
Beaker, it sounds more like a cult and not a club, sounds like a bunch of mensa dropouts.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rebeckah

Woah. everybody grab a beer and chill out. Anybody who knows me knows that I have a big shiny brain that likes to show off while making people laugh if possible. I never meant to offend anybody, rather just have a silly convo about why some people want to keep secrets. Please don't take me sooooo seriously & please let me in your club. :D heehee

You all make some really great points.
Andy, let's get back to the original topic, WHY are people afraid to share what they know? What are they really afraid of? What are you afraid of? What made you stop posting? just curious. you can write me privately if you prefer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by aaa_2500
Bill Gates is a very good example of why not to share. No other person in history has stifled innovation to such an extent, destroyed so many small businesses and and made so much money on other people's work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& I have to address this... especially since you wrote it on a computer via the internet !! :lol: .... Bill may not be directly credited for these things, but without his accomplishments we wouldn't be where we are today... on a BB. Has he monopolized? Did J.J. Hill with the railroad? Did Bell? Did chia pet? of course, that's just business. I don't equate new inventions with business tatics. I don't hate Grahm for making a phone cuz big Bell did bad business. I have no problems with Gates being as rich as ME cuz he's done so much for the evolution of society & technology. Good for him! Good for us all!

I also understand that if you hate rich people you're subconsciously telling yourself you don't want to be rich. Fat people will never get thin by hating thin people... on and on it goes. You'll stop yourself from becoming something you hate, except by some cruel joke, becoming your parents. :lol:

& Guess what? Are you employed? Well SOMEBODY is making $$$ off your work.... this is how a hierarchicial capitalistic society works. I'm not gonna hate the man cuz he's rich. in fact I'm not gonna hate anybody except Joan Rivers and Steven Cocacharo. :sick:
Life's too short & I'm too tired to argue psych & Life 101 with somebody whose not even gonna give me a hug, a beer, or a smile. Good day to you all. :)

Brad

Doctor Rebeckah

:lol: :lol: ... I think you should have your own talk show

here's a few smiles, since I haven't figured how to hug virtually yet :) :) :)

Cheers :beer:

Rebeckah

Andy, if you're still here, why are you taking what I wrote so personally? When I originally brought this up you weren't even on this board, so this whole topic has nothing to do with you. You're making it that way by being so defensive and lashing out. I'm trying to have a friendly discussion. Notice my emoticons? THAT'S meant to say I'm joking, etc.

_____________andy said:
When you lay claim to being loving and kind and then reduce someone who doesn't share your opinion, to being unloving and unkind, it speaks volumes about how loving and kind you yourself are.

I'll take the implied advice and not post here again... I wish you all good luck in your quest!

Andy____

I never made claim to being loving and kind. Tell me where I said I was? & honey, I wasn't trying to reduce you, (did I really do that without even trying to? Geez, you're EASY! gimme you phone #! LOL) Honey, IF I was *trying* to reduce you, this board would be singed around the edges and your computer would be melting. :lol: & that's meant as a joke, stop being so defensive. Let's talk Lotto. here's a beer, chill out. :chug:

I'm sorry if you leave, I'm sorry if anybody does... but I have to question this entire escapade..... you only post here about another BB... being defensive from the start, Are you just looking for somebody to beat you down? {passive-aggresive behavior} if so, eme privately so I can put My boots on and break out My whip! ;) WINKY WINKY if you're not getting my emoticons. BIG HUGE NASTY GRIN

Rebeckah

Awww, THANKS kitty cat Brad! Here's one for you in return, in fact, take two, they're small! :lol: :chug: :chug:
Although I should give you tuna instead... at least that's what my cat used to love.

Brad

hmmm ... Peter,

if I didn't know better I'd think you belong to some kind'a cat cult ... taking this Mad Cow scare a bit too far maybe ??? No wonder Klein is serving up burgers in TO ... :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Rebeckah

Brucie,
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
:teach: :teach: :teach: :teach:
:blush: :cool: ;)

Rebeckah said:
Brucie,
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
:teach: :teach: :teach: :teach:
:blush: :cool: ;)

okay..now i'm in :love:

Sidebar