Hockey Playoffs

peter

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard Mike Weir in an interview discussing the fact that he is looking forward to playing golf with members of the leafs this week.:D

Sheba

Yes I am sure but he already was practicing with the Montreal Canadien earlier in the month.....:lol:

Sheba__:dog: ®™

charles2

the Boys in Blue win again !!!!:yes:

i hope they arn't heart breakers again this year.

Truthfully i usually don't watch the actual leaf games UNTIL it's the REAL Finals...i've waited this long )));)

Last edited:
Yes and that's a pointer for fishing season.....
Toronto should win this year....And Detroit should lost....
But no matter it is just poor quality hockey all over that league....
They will get even worse...money has long time taken over the player that used to play with their heart....I just hope that JoJo read this....
:agree::lol:

Brad

Close, but no cigar last nite ... but the Leafs are still in unlike Detroit ... bet Cujo wishes now that he stayed put ... on the other hand Belfour is no slouch either !!

charles2

Brad said:
Close, but no cigar last nite ... but the Leafs are still in unlike Detroit ... bet Cujo wishes now that he stayed put ... on the other hand Belfour is no slouch either !!

Belfour played FANTASTIC last nite in 3 ot periods, he nearly broke the record for stopping the most shots in a playoff game short by 1 shot :agree2:

JoJo

Yes Dennis I just read your write up.

So before my Heart goes bad again,

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DENNIS

FROM JOJO.

:wavey: :)

Sheba

Brad said:

cujo is really kicking himself now...looks good on him and serves him right!

Sheba__:dog:®™ GO !! LEAFS GO!!!

The Montreal Canadian have won so many stanley cup that one player..Henri Richard have won 13 times the stanley cup..
An average carreer is not that long in today's standard...but keep one thing in mind he always played with the deepest bottom of his heart...You can't find that in any excel files...
:lol:

peter

Cujo was loved here in Edmonton, he was getting 3 1/2 million per year, he left here so he could get 5 million a year in Toronto, he left Toronto because he could get 9 million a year in Detroit.
I hope he enjoys the rest of the playoffs on CBC.
Looks good on you Cujo, you loser.:dang:

Godload

Actually the Leafs were offering Cujo more than what Detroit was offering. I think he was miffed at Quinn for benching him in the olympics and going with Brodeur. Things just didn't seem the same after that and he ended up leaving.
It wasn't Cujo's fault the Wings got swept. The ran into a hot goalie Giguerre and couldn't beat him. Sadly Cujo will take the fall though in Detroit. Hall of famers and stanley cup winners Yzerman, Federov, Shanahan, Chelios, and others can do no wrong in Motown. So that leaves the new kid taking shaft for everyone.
Wonder if they will resign Federov in the summer after this debacle of a post season. Federov rejected a 5 yr 50 million offer. I think Federov wants around 12 million a year deal for multiple years locked in so the new CBA deal coming up won't affect him. It is said existing deals made before the new contractual aggreement will be grandfather claused and exempt.
Almo will be back for Saturday. I say Leafs in 6. :agree:

Sheba

Godload said:
Almo will be back for Saturday. I say Leafs in 6. :agree:

I sure hope so but they are saying Flyers in 6, may I predict Leafs in 7....hope there is no more overtime.....
I can finally watch a full game Saturday, this playoff and working is killing me....early rise at 5 am so I cant watch all the game...:heul:

Satuday afternoon me and my rum/coke and slice of lemon with a small bag of chips..and best of all (Hopefully) a LEAFS WIN!!!:agree:

GO! LEAFS GO!

Sheba__:dog: ®™

peter

Well Sheba, I hope you get your wish, and do enjoy your Saturday afternoon, sounds like you have it all mapped out.:beer: :party: :chug: :party2:

A canadian team should win ...while there are still some Canadian Teams in that third class league ...Some garage league are better...But the juniors league are much,much better...For real hockey go and see our youngs.... :agree: :agree2:

The great players from the past that used to play with their heart must be :bawl: when they watch the poor calibre of play and the lazyness of some players....I'm thinking about Gretzky,Lafleur,Orr, Hull....I'm not mentionning the rocket Richard because he would simply slap them on the face.....That guy would have died on the ice in order to avoid loosing....
But there's hope....a young player only 8 years old from ST-Agathe,QUÉBEC, score 167 goals this year in a minor hockey league in Québec in only 35 games...many people are already saying that he is the next great one....The leafs scouts were there too when I went to see him play ,He is truly something to see on the ice...He is French Canadian...he is a mixture of Orr,Gretzky,Lemieux with the speed of Ivan Cournoyer...and mostly he plays with his heart just like the Rocket Richard... Remember this name...Carl Perreault not related to Gilbert Perreault...
:agree: :agree2:

Sidebar