Hockey Playoffs

BRAD WHAT HAPPENED

Brado,

I am not a hockey fan but I remember last year Toronto played with a passion...Are they old ? or overpaid like all of them ?

Brad

Combo,

don't really know ... injuries to some key players ... Leafs ran out of steam ... bad timing to have an off-nite ... take your pick.

It was a tough and close series until tonite, with all the overtime they actually played the equivalent of 9 games !!

Hey, Vancouver is having a good game tho ... just scored to make it 3-1 !! :agree2:

LOTS OF UPSETS

Brad,

the Wilds upset Sakic and Company 4/3 to advance and meet the Canucks who better watch out as it's easy to get overconfident.

Myself a soccerManiac as well, I am hoping Man Utd overcomes Real Madrid in the 2nd leg tomorrow night..they are 3/1 down so they must beat Real 2/0 to advance...in my dreams.....

Finally I believe it was age that mattered most with Detroit, Toronto and Colorado....

CANUCKS HAVE A BIG CHANCE

They do have a big chance to win the Cup especially after Wings have been clipped and Sakic & Co sent home golfing.....
Philadelphia ( Freedom ) I don't know what they can do.....
I just can't believe the boomakers who put Detroit and Colorado to win...They must be :bawl: a lot

As for Anaheim, whoever put any money on them must be feeling like matching 5/6 in 6/49 game !!!!

Geenie

Brad said:
Good point ... don't underestimate Minnesooota, but I think the Canucks can beat them

F.Y.I. Minnisota has the best goal-tending tandem in the history of
the game! I'm not a big hockey fan
but Jim Dowd and his wife are my sushi
partners whenever in town so..

WILD AND 5

:agree: :agree:

Oh and he is with his wife delivering his
second child NOW!

peter

I'd like to see an all Canadian final. Vancouver vs. Ottawa
Does anyone know the last time we had an all Candadian final?

Brad

1988-89 Flames 4 Canadiens 2 ... but I'll drink to Senators vs Canucks, eh ?! :beer:

Look above Dennis ... I just edited my post :agree2:

bfr that:
1885-86 Canadiens 4 Flames 1
1966-67 Leafs 4 Canadiens 2

Brad

Delete

"To delete this post, check the box to the left and then click the button to the right"

.... is this function disabled again? It worked not long ago :confused:

No deletion here Brad...During that last all Canadian final that seems to be an eternity to me....I'm wondering if even the wheel was invented? :lol:

Brad

1885-1886 I hear that was a good game, do you remember Dennis? How old were you then ... must have been a spring chicken, what 20-25 maybe ? :D
Sure hope it wasn't played at night ... I can just imagine all the candles ... what did they use for a puck, a frozen cow plop?

PS. Ottawa and Vancouver did play in a championship final once bfr, loooong time ago, 3 yrs after the NHL was formed

1920-21 Ottawa Senators 3, Vancouver Millionaires 2

Last edited:
Brad said:
1885-1886 I hear that was a good game, do you remember Dennis? How old were you then ... must have been a spring chicken, what 20-25 maybe ? :D
Sure hope it wasn't played at night ... I can just imagine all the candles ... what did they use for a puck, a frozen cow plop?

PS. Ottawa and Vancouver did play in a championship final once bfr, loooong time ago, 3 yrs after the NHL was formed

1920-21 Ottawa Senators 3, Vancouver Millionaires 2
I was close to 75 years old back then Brad...But in that period of my life I could see in colors... :lol:

Sidebar