You ever get the feeling that Max is rigged?

mjavor

When I read this, I just had to laugh at all the people who stand behind lottery corporations saying there is no way the lottery could ever be rigged.

The sad part is, I doubt this story will stop anyone from buying tickets, including myself.

"A lottery vendor for years manipulated drawings to enrich himself and associates by installing software code that allowed him to predict winning numbers on specific days of the year, Iowa investigators alleged Wednesday."

Full story here:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/code-let-lottery-vendor-predict-winning-numbers-police-221841189.html

The sad part is, I doubt this story will stop anyone from buying tickets, including myself.
I sure did stop. And it feels good when you stop. Even knowing how OLG is now trolling its players by its daily PlaySmart.

mjavor

Well friends, we are back again with another Christmas miracle! Somehow, nobody won the $60 million jackpot on Friday. Since the jackpot was already maxed out last week, it means there will be lots of extra Max Millions ($1 million secondary prizes) for Christmas.
I need to add that OLG did the opposite of what people want by raising the maximum jackpot from $50 million to $60 million, which in turn gives less secondary $1 million prizes.
Last Friday, they released the numbers around 4am, which was the latest I've ever seen them release numbers. My guess is that they kept coming up with winning tickets, so they had to do a few redraws in order to release a draw where nobody won.

There is only one reason OLG refuses to do Lotto MAX draws live... I'll leave the answer to your imagination.

See you again next Christmas for another Maxmillion jackpot!

Sharks001

Any lottery is controlled.....they controll the wins. They wont let a jackpot go if they are not in profit. I cant believe there is still people that think the lottery is random....News for you its CONTROLLED!!!!! Its a business which control profits. Will you give a golden egg away if your making a loss ??????

Teufellj

Bravo, Sharks001

I've been touting your comment off and on for YEARS but you and I also know that it will do

no good except to buy more-GASEX! He, he, heh:flush:

Teufellj...:smokin:

Sharks001

Bravo, Sharks001

I've been touting your comment off and on for YEARS but you and I also know that it will do

no good except to buy more-GASEX! He, he, heh:flush:

Teufellj...:smokin:

lol hi there Teufellj ;) ........ People think cause its a ball machine its random but they dont realize those balls popping inside are programmed to appear.....I wish more people understood that as its fully controlled ;)

LuckyLou

Some more anecdotal evidence for y'all. I was working from home today and decided to research my theory with some statistical analysis.

First off, Lotto Max began during the Harper government's first term (minority). One thing you need to know about Canada's power structure, the Eastern elites see themselves as rulers and look down upon the Western elites, while nobody likes Quebec (the West HATES them while the East works with them to get votes and keep the status quo unchallenged). The Liberals (East) had ruled forever until the Conservatives (West) were reborn and came to power in 2008.

Now, let me state this very clearly - human manipulation of a lottery will try to look perfectly RANDOM and the number of wins will be carefully distributed based on population per province. The rest of Canada jokes from coast to coast about Ontario and Quebec winning most of the jackpots. The mainstream folks will decry "that's where most of the tickets are bought" so the human construct 'law of averages' applies that Ontario and Quebec win most of the time.

But fortunately for me, I was watching closely when Lotto Max began and I saw a shift away from the usual formula. I tracked the jackpot wins and for some reason Quebec had become a dead zone compared to previous years (when Super7 was around they did just fine as usual).

Let's look at the stats (thanks to BCLC for their detailed records of every draw Max going back to Sept 25th, 2009) as the Harper government ruled and were allowed to influence things down at the ILC

Sept 2009 - mid-Oct 2015
Number of jackpot winning tickets sold in Ontario : 42 (1.365+ billion dollars in winnings)
Number of jackpot winning tickets sold in Quebec : 12 (360+ million dollars in winnings)

Now let's have a look since Justin Trudeau, a Quebec native, and his government took back power for The East and nudged some folks down at the ILC to even things up a bit for poor Quebec.

mid-Oct 2015 - January 2020
Number of jackpot winning tickets sold in Ontario : 24 (762+ million dollars in winnings)
Number of jackpot winning tickets sold in Quebec : 17 (676+ million dollars in winnings)

Hmmm...looks like JT and his crew have evened things up nicely for Quebec since coming to power!!
And trust me folks, every Western politician hates Quebec and this is pretty good proof that Cons starved La Belle Province of the big wins while in power.

Part 2 coming right up!

LuckyLou

And now I'll focus on MARKETING and how the recent changes to Lotto Max (began Tuesday May 14th) SHOULD have created less winners and more rollovers, but the exact opposite has happened.

First, let's remember they added the number 50 to the mix thereby creating a game with just under 1 in 100 million chance to match all 7 numbers (up from 1 in 680 million or something)

As previously noted, THEY LIE ABOUT THE ODDS just because they give you 3 plays per ticket, and somehow that fractions away over 66 million of the 7 out of 50 number combos from being drawn. It should be a class action lawsuit nationwide that one in 33,294,800 is the official line continually fed to us, but I only made it to grade 11 math...what do I know?

I have checked sales for the Tuesday and Friday draws (thank you Loto Quebec) and it's not like people are regularly playing both draws. Friday sales still kill the Tuesday sales, no matter the jackpot amount.

But what has happened since the change on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019? Well, it's been a marketer's dream!! They couldn't have asked for these "random" draws to go any better in order to get people hooked and in line to double their Lotto Max spending and play both Tues and Friday.

Tuesday June 11th - 65 million winner Quebec - total sales 38 million
Tuesday June 25th - 20 million winner Ontario - total sales 16 million
Tuesday Aug 6th - 26 million winner Ontario - total sales 16 million
Tuesday Oct 29th - 20 million winner B.C. - total sales 16 million
Tuesday Nov 26th - 50 million winner Quebec - total sales 23 million (when it was Friday only sales typically matched the jackpot amount, give or take a few million)

That's right!! Already five jackpot winners on the new draw day in just under 8 months, playing a game which is now much harder to win than before, and with way less tickets sold than before!! Friday draws have produced another six jackpot winners!!!

Like I said, a MARKETER'S DREAM has occurred since the new format rollout. Jackpot winning tickets sold since the new format : 11 (16 total for 2019 - the most since Lotto Max began!)

To further the MARKETER'S DREAM the following provinces have all had a winner or two - ONTARIO, QUEBEC, ALBERTA, B.C. and MANITOBA (nobody cares about the Atlantic region!)

In my province of B.C. we got screwed and went without a Lotto Max win for 21 months (March 10th, 2017 to Dec 28th, 2018). The MARKETERS were like "damn, BC is starving...we better feed them and get the new format in their minds!" and suddenly we won two jackpots back to back (20mil and 10mil) late last year. Funny enough this has happened just once before, right around the time Lotto Max was in it's early days, BC's first ever jackpot wins - 25mil Feb 26, 2010 then two winners of 9.5mil each on the very next draw. Same back then as it is now, a MARKETER'S DREAM occurred!

Human beings can't help it. We have biases and when we have too much power, we think nobody is watching and we leave patterns for all to see. Luckily nobody pays attention except crazies like me who present evidence in a thread that hasn't been posted in for a few years :liplick:

I keep playing now and again cuz I'm desperate to never work again. Best of "luck" folks! Hope they pick a winner in your region soon!

Sidebar