What's the best wheel generation software?

blitzed

Patrick, thanxa bunch for tweakin LottoWheel :agree:

I'll try "what if" scenarios on various games.

Right now I'm testing it on pick3...since I can usually run number distribution & probabilities to reduce the number playfield down to 7 digits.

7 digit box wheel with an even 10 picks for a 48% chance at unmatched box, not bad :)

cheers!
blitzed

blitzed

hiya Patrick,

I've noticed that if I let LottoWheel keep crankin out iterations, sometimes the percentage is optimal, then suddenly drops off.

Does that mean it is best to save the wheel at intervals as you go, then go with the one that offers the best percentage sets?

What is Grain? does that allow shifting priority between lower tier & upper tier prizes?

thanks,
blitzed

lottowine

Hi JackpotMe,

Why I can not open and download your lottowheel system? Also, do your system works for Keno? Thanks.

lottowine

Patrick123

Hi blitzed
You must adjust the 'Match' box to 3 to optimize for 3 numbers, this setting puts the bias for the upper and lower tier prizes. The grain is the sample size of random draws that the program checks against to calculate percentages. The higher this number, the more accurate your percentages will be.

Hi lottowine,

At this stage, the system does not work on Keno. The only reason that I can think that you cannot download it, is if your firewall/proxy is blocking the ability to download zipped files.

Regards
Patrick

blitzed

hiya Patrick,

yup, I was just unsure of the grain, thanx for clarifying.

here is an idea: threshhold settings for odd, even, and consecutive numbers.

It makes sense to me to filter picks in the wheel which are all odd, all even, and/or all consecutive.

cheers!
blitzed

lottowine

help!!!!

Hi JackpotMe,
Why I can not open and download your link of lottowheel from your post? Also, do your system works for Keno (10/20/80)? Thanks.

lottowine

blitzed

hiya Patrick123,

thanks for lookin into the filters...no rush, I just threw the ideas out there to add to you project brainstorming list...for whenya have free-time and you are bored and decide to entertain ideas :)

another nifty addition might be to allow the user to input the last winning draw, in order to prevent more than one number from the previous draw from being placed into a wheel pick. I play certain numbers from the last draw if they are still well within probability, sometimes all of them are.

cheers!
blitzed

Patrick123

Hi blitzed,

My ultimate goal is to merge the wheel with my other project WinnaLotto
Basically analysing and selecting the numbers, creating a wheel and inserting the selected numbers into the wheel best fitted based on past draws.
This, as someone said somewhere on the forum, is the meat-and-gravy, the garnishments can then follow:agree:

Regards
Patrick

blitzed

sounds great Patrick! Is WinnaLotto just for 6/49 at the moment?

california might start a 6/49 lotto game :)

cheers!
blitzed:thumb:

Patrick123

Winnalotto can cater for most combinations up to 7 balls in the draw. I'm modifying it to work with Keno as well. Should be updated within the next hour or two.

Regards
Patrick

Patrick123

Pleasure blitzed, remember both programs are still works in progress, so keep checking the other thread as well as new developments come through.

smallwinner, I presume that you're looking at LottoWheel, both programs I originally wrote for my personal use, which has now evolved into more of a communal project. There is no documentation as yet until it's stable. LottoWheel is fairly self-explantory, if you've read the rest of this thread. WinnaLotto will require that you read this complete thread to get an idea how to use it.

Regards
Patrick

blitzed

hiya Patrick, yup I develop programs as well...and I understand that it can be an ongoing if not perpetual process, as new tweaks come to mind :)

your programs are living entities, along with their buzz in the forum :thumb: .

seeya,
blitzed

Patrick123

Hi blitzed,
I've merged the two programs together, and will now start adding in extra bells and whistles.
Don't forget to read through the last few posts on the other thread as the program has also undergone some drastic changes.

Regards
Patrick

blitzed

thankya Patrick, I'll have to check it out...been gettin sidetracked on pick3 & DailyDerby lately.

cheers!
blitzed

could somebody help me converting canada 6/49 numbers in a text file?

there has to be an easy way then changing 1000 #'s to format?

Sidebar