1) one number hint that hits (1/1)
2) two number hint - one hits (1/2)
3) two number hint - two hits (2/2)

So, with that formula:

1) (1/1)/(6/49)*100 = 816.67
2) (1/2)/(6/49)*100 = 408.33
3) (2/2)/(6/49)*100 = 816.67

Rank is 1-3 tied then 2

In my mind, I think the rank is 3-1-2 - hitting 2 numbers is better than hitting 1. But, we must remember this is based on hits for number played

Maggie

What about the people who only post numbers once a week or only every few weeks? Is that a factor in determining their standing? Because not everybody posts twice a week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I don't think you would get an accurate percentage when that happens.

Maggie said:
What about the people who only post numbers once a week or only every few weeks? Is that a factor in determining their standing? Because not everybody posts twice a week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I don't think you would get an accurate percentage when that happens.
Two excellents chess players one of them
Karpov (Considered by many to be one of the best defensive tactician of all time)
And the second Fisher (Considered by many to be the best offensive genius of all time)
Bobby Fisher was the champion...impossible to be defeated they said....Instead of going head to head against Anatoly Karpov that was the next best contender in line waiting for his chance...he let his title go and never played chess again in his entired life to this date....
The greatest chess match of the history never took place...
Now Was Fisher a better player ??...probably but who knows???Karpov was crown the champ after a short tournament ...He stayed the champ for a very long time afterward....
He later said about that..deffecting move by Fisher...
'' You can't loose if you don't play....But if you don't play history should treat you more as a looser because you have to prove a win much more than a lost...''
And I agree with him...
Same thing here don't play enough draws and you loose....

FatFreddy

I tend to pick a set of numbers and stick with them for a while (8-12 draws). Seemed redundant to post my picks for the last draw when they were exactly the same as for the previous one.

If we are going to keep stats, could we not assume that: if a player has not posted new picks for the current draw, then he/she is likely using the last set of picks he/she posted?

FWIW: I use a little Excel worksheet to keep track of my current picks based on this formula:

=+((C3/7)/B3)*100

where B3 = total number of picks
and C3 = number of picks which were drawn

thus: in each of the last 2 draws, my 10-number pick has produced 1 correct drawn number,

((1/7)/10)*100 = 1.429%

Beaker

FatFreddy said:
I tend to pick a set of numbers and stick with them for a while (8-12 draws). Seemed redundant to post my picks for the last draw when they were exactly the same as for the previous one.

If we are going to keep stats, could we not assume that: if a player has not posted new picks for the current draw, then he/she is likely using the last set of picks he/she posted?

FWIW: I use a little Excel worksheet to keep track of my current picks based on this formula:

=+((C3/7)/B3)*100

where B3 = total number of picks
and C3 = number of picks which were drawn

thus: in each of the last 2 draws, my 10-number pick has produced 1 correct drawn number,

((1/7)/10)*100 = 1.429%

(1/10)/(6/49)*100 = 0.816 :eek: LT does the same - posts 20 numbers for 6 or 10 draws(?) - each draw :agree: Might be redundant but keeps all the picks in one place for history.
Your choice. :agree:

TO FAT FREDDY

HEY FATS...I SEE YOU CHANGED YOUR AVATAR ....EXCELLENT....BUT UNFORTUNATELY.THAT ONE IS RANDALS......

YOU MUST BE LOONEY..YOU KEEP PICKING ALL THE TUNES..:lol:

JUST AN F.Y.I.

LUCKYSTRIKE

FatFreddy

HEY FATS...I SEE YOU CHANGED YOUR AVATAR ....EXCELLENT....BUT UNFORTUNATELY.THAT ONE IS RANDALS......

all fine and dandy but,... the board stats say there 2000+ members with only 980 avatars to choose from. seems likely that no matter which avatar i choose, someone will claim they had it first.

hopefully Randal will not see my choice of avatar as a slight against him, and would not need to resort to whining and insults in an attempt to make me switch to another already used avatar.:rolleyes:

Beaker

Sheesh, Peter lives in your neighbourhood. I might :worry: with all those pleasant comments about his character.

Thought everyone from Edmonton was nice ? :confused: :wavey:

FatFreddy said:

all fine and dandy but,... the board stats say there 2000+ members with only 980 avatars to choose from. seems likely that no matter which avatar i choose, someone will claim they had it first.

hopefully Randal will not see my choice of avatar as a slight against him, and would not need to resort to whining and insults in an attempt to make me switch to another already used avatar.:rolleyes:
Please do not be so agressive...It hurts .....You are right Fat Freddy...(or should I call you otherwise I don't want any hard feelings between you and me or others on this board) All the super seniors member of this board ( and the regular ones that contributes the much) should have their own unique avatar...
It would cut the crap :crap: out of the ones using various aliases...
:lol:

FatFreddy said:

I GUESS YOU HAVEN'T HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING RANDAL YET!!!!....:lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME...BUT SOMETHING TELLS ME YOU WILL HEAR FROM HIM.....:agree:

Brad

Did I miss something?

For what it's worth, it's not the same avatar ...
not even sure if it's possible to offend Randal, he's suffered much ribbing from many here (self included) yet keeps returning in good spirits to remind us not to be too serious :agree:

peter

Judging by the clutter in this thread, if we are to have a scorecard, its probably best to start a new thread, free of clutter.as with the picks, and best bet threads.

Sidebar