The Forums have been upgraded

LT

Administrator
That sounds right Frank.

The database from the previous forums was as at Feb 01/20 and the upgrade forums went live on Mar 06/20.

We lost 1 thread (Feb 14/20) started by you with 5 replies and a post by Jack (Feb 19/20) for a total of 7 posts that were not able to be transferred over.

LT

Administrator
Good point Frank re the secured website.

The new system also provides us with a responsive display so that the site shows better on cell phones and other devices.

bloubul

LT
What is the meaning of the conversations tab and alert tab. Can we now send private conversations????
or is that still not available. Can't the log out button be more visible please.

BlouBul :cool:

Reactions: LT

LT

Administrator
Hi BlouBul

The conversations tab is the same as the former private messaging and is shut off. The alerts tab is a new function which alerts the member to any new threads they are following as well as other alerts like trophies given etc.

The logout link is located by clicking on the member's name > an account dropdown appears and the logout link is the bottom bar. From what I have read, the logout button used to be in a different place in previous versions of this software but was changed to this position to be the same as facebook and google logouts. Apparently this is the preferred intuitive style.

I'll investigate further and see if the conversations tab is easily removable and if there is a workaround for adding an additional logout link.

Thanks
LT

Frank

I notice that we can no longer see who is on line, or who has recently been on line. It used to be helpful to know who comes here, who may have read a specific post, who is still alive even though they never post. Why has that feature been removed?

Reactions: LT

Frank

I’ ve just realised that we should be able to post links to images. This is just a test to see if it works.

Comment:- it didn’t work by using the “image” icon at the top of the posting screen, but did work if I just pasted the hotlink code from the hosting site. 🤷‍♂️

After first previewing the image, and adding more text later, the preview screen stops after showing the image. All this extra text was not shown in preview. 🤷‍♂️

Frank

It’s not new, probably been available since the forum upgrade 2 years ago. Just like Facebook, there is a “like” button in the bottom right corner of everyone else’s post. I’ve been testing it to see if it works. So I’m wondering why few if any people on this site, actually use it. Could it be that they haven’t noticed it, or is it that nobody likes anyone else’s posts here? My excuse is I only noticed it a few months ago, and since then there haven’t been many posts that contributed rather than enquired.
I couldn’t help noticing that 196 people downloaded my wheel that guaranteed two numbers in six, but guess how many people ‘liked’ it? You are right. Not one single person! 🤷🏻

Sidebar