Snow

peter

Woke up this morning to a foot of snow here in Edmonton, Calgary got dumped on to yesterday, Friday it was short sleeves, a bbq and a beer on the patio deck, today its hot chocolate and snow shovels:cold: :eek: :sick:

peter

Mother nature and her half ton truck took a page out of Dennis's book, and dropped 4 inches of snow on us again last night, I'm delighted to say though, I put fertilizer on the grass 2 weeks ago, but I"m confused, I don't know "weather" to take the lawn mower, or the snowblower out of the shed. I'm just glad I did'nt p..s off Dennis, and that he does'nt live down my street.:lol:

peter said:
Mother nature and her half ton truck took a page out of Dennis's book, and dropped 4 inches of snow on us again last night, I'm delighted to say though, I put fertilizer on the grass 2 weeks ago, but I"m confused, I don't know "weather" to take the lawn mower, or the snowblower out of the shed. I'm just glad I did'nt p..s off Dennis, and that he does'nt live down my street.:lol:
Yes am I glad it didn't snow here :) ...The guy wouldn't have noticed that his driveway was the only one full of snow.... :lol:

No but seriously shoveling the snow and throwing it on the street....The guy does need a pep talk here :rolleyes: ...I wonder if he throws the leaves on the street too in fall?Better not because I'll rent an even bigger truck for the occasion! :lol:

dwoods99

Randal said:
I saw it on TV, it looked like a blizzard. Haha

Sucks to be you Pete.
Even more so to be me since I had to deal with it first hand... :mad: In the north end of Calgary, we got 2 feet of snow dumped overnight with blowing winds causing snow drifts to 3-4 feet high at my back door and garage door. It was a miserable day indeed. Shovelling was the worst kind of wet, thick snow that needs 2-3 shovels deep just to clear what's ahead of your feet. And at the bottom of the snow was the wet slushy stuff :bawl:

Life in Calgary... cold one day, hot the next :sick: :dizzy:

dwoods99

Dennis Bassboss said:
No but seriously shoveling the snow and throwing it on the street....The guy does need a pep talk here :rolleyes: ...I wonder if he throws the leaves on the street too in fall?Better not because I'll rent an even bigger truck for the occasion! :lol:
It has been snowing again here in Calgary every day this weekend (Friday to Monday). Woke up again with another 3-5 inches.

Dennis, as for throwing snow... in Calgary they rarely clear the streets with city trucks since they expect the Calgary chinooks to warm and melt everything. So during that big storm, yes, I pushed snow onto the street since it was -1 to +1 C, and the snow melts faster on the road than the sidewalk. As well, I pushed snow away from the sidewalk/street gutter so that the melting snow could flow down the street to the drainage holes. That's life in Calgary ! :eek:

peter

Today is May 5, we're to get another 50 cm. by Wed. It's been snowing all night and day, this system is suppose to last for 10 days.:dang: :sick: :mad:

Rebeckah

oh gee wiz..... Western Texas has been in the upper eighties almost every day for 2 weeks now. It's getting hot HOT HOT!!! All the trees are full with green leaves, the flowers are all bloomed. The a/c stays on all the time now. {but not always running) I got in my car at noon and started sweating it was so hot. It's gonna be a hot summer down here after the mild winter we've had.

Rebeckah

hey man, are you guys the only ones allowed to complain about the weather?:lol: I do have sympathy for y'all tho. I lived in Minneapolis for 5 years & my last winter there it hit -40 Fahrenheit. :cold: That's what made me move. & yes I know the joke that the cold *keeps out the riff-raff*. Keep in mind that come July/August it'll be 100 here in Texas & so hot you don't even want to go outside. 2 summers ago my tires actually started melting. So, the summer is a hibernation in it's own way. Anyway, I send you all warm wishes for a lovely spring. :)

peter

Me, I'll take the cold anytime, you can put clothes on to stay warm, but 100 degrees +, you can take off just so much clothing.

Sheba

Rebeckah said:
oh gee wiz..... Western Texas has been in the upper eighties almost every day for 2 weeks now. It's getting hot HOT HOT!!! All the trees are full with green leaves, the flowers are all bloomed. The a/c stays on all the time now. {but not always running) I got in my car at noon and started sweating it was so hot. It's gonna be a hot summer down here after the mild winter we've had.

You can have that hot HOT weather...I like it just the way it is here... not too hot in the summer.... and we have better weather that what the "weather network' are always saying... plus they leave us out most of the time, They start from vancouver and head east to Halifax...like we are not ever a part of canada ...I won't go there cause that's another story!

Sheba__:dog:~~~ ®™

Rebeckah

Randal said:
-40.. pfft.. I sun bathe in that weather.
I'm from WINNIPEG btw.. In case you guys didn't notice.

You're one tough beaver. ;) :lol:
oh, I meant devil, ah yea, devil, that's the ticket, one tough devil. :lol:

Sidebar