Snow

Rebeckah

peter said:
Me, I'll take the cold anytime, you can put clothes on to stay warm, but 100 degrees +, you can take off just so much clothing.
yea, but that's when you get creative with ice cubes! ;) :lol:

Rebeckah

you lucky people also get rain. We've barely had an inch of rain this year over here. It didn't rain from October to April at all. It's been quite a switch from those gorgeous thunderstorms once a week in Minnesota. I miss the rain most of all. But 100 degrees and HUMID would make me move. At least it's dry & always breezy which helps. The other day I was thinking that I've stopped aging cuz my body got used to marking years by changing seasons, namely snow.... and since I haven't seen any snow, I've stopped aging. Don't you wish that was all it took? For real!!! :) :lol:

Godload

05/07/03

There are pro's and cons regardless of where ya live. I actually lived in Texas for a few yrs in the DFW area. In Texas you get hot summers without the humidity, and the weather is unpredictable in the spring and fall. One things for sure though, you hear about softball size hail, but don't believe it until you see one smash through your windshield while your driving on the I-20.
I now believe in softball size hail because one hit my windshield.
Toronto's weather is nice. Its not too hot in the summers but it gets humid. I like snow so the winters are not that bad for me.
Sheba I hear the weather is actually nice in the summers in Atlantic Canada. Its nice especially by the coast.
Vancouver is nice from what I hear also. Close to the ski slopes, and close to the ocean. Lots to do =)

Rebeckah said:
you lucky people also get rain. We've barely had an inch of rain this year over here. It didn't rain from October to April at all. It's been quite a switch from those gorgeous thunderstorms once a week in Minnesota. I miss the rain most of all. But 100 degrees and HUMID would make me move. At least it's dry & always breezy which helps. The other day I was thinking that I've stopped aging cuz my body got used to marking years by changing seasons, namely snow.... and since I haven't seen any snow, I've stopped aging. Don't you wish that was all it took? For real!!! :) :lol:
One of my very good friend Daniel Shank (The hockey fans out here will remember him..The player that kisses his stick(on my advice) after he scored a goal..)(A former player in the NHL for Detroit and Hartford) He'd won the Calder cup with the Adirondack American hockey league before moving up to the NHL.... After that he moved to play in San Diego but he bought a house in Texas ...He stayed in the South States for ten years playing in the international hockey league for many teams...He just cameback around here last August...He told me that after a while in summer the sun is worse than a 40cm of snow...
While he was playing for Detroit ...I went down to see him play against Toronto in the old Maple leaf Garden as He invited me and my wife as his specials guess...I had a chat with Steve Yzerman,Sheldon Kennedy, Kevin Mckleland and of course Jacques Demers the former coach of the wings at the time...In that game he almost started a brawl doing a number on Brad Marsh a leaf's defenceman ...He got expulsed from the game..in the second period...
:agree:

Brad

dwoods99 said:
Even more so to be me since I had to deal with it first hand... :mad: In the north end of Calgary, we got 2 feet of snow dumped overnight with blowing winds causing snow drifts to 3-4 feet high at my back door and garage door. It was a miserable day indeed. Shovelling was the worst kind of wet, thick snow that needs 2-3 shovels deep just to clear what's ahead of your feet. And at the bottom of the snow was the wet slushy stuff :bawl:

Life in Calgary... cold one day, hot the next :sick: :dizzy:

Sheesh ... I picked the wrong day to drive thro your neck of the woods (pun intended) ... started out from BC in a nice sunny 15C , by the time I got to the other side of Calgary I was slogging thro snow, slush, sleet, freezing rain ... no snow plows in sight ... scary stuff . Thro all this the automatic sprinkler systems were watering the snow!! Wasn't till way past Medicine Hat till I saw the sun again.

Then all the way 'cross Randal's prov. I was fighting a strong head wind ... what ever happened to the prevailing westerlies ?? Guess it was Manitoba's chance to return some of the garbage that blows in from Sask ...

The rest of the trip I had beauty weather ... but watch out, in Northern Ontario the mosquitos wear army boots !! Saw my first bear this year and countless moose, most of them bigger than my car ... cheers

Maggie

Careful,kitty, you don't wanna be wearing one of them. Although, when I was a kid growing up in the north, the hunters actually tied the moose heads down onto their hoods and drove around parading them. Those rough tongues hanging out and down were just plain old gross. UGH!!

Rebeckah

oh ick Maggie, that is gross. Is moose edible? Does it taste like chicken? :lol: Someone I talked with online was from Vancover & told me they mainly get rain in the winter cuz of the warm pacific air. Is that true? If so, it sounds lovely.

Brad

Rebeckah said:
oh ick Maggie, that is gross. Is moose edible? Does it taste like chicken? :lol: Someone I talked with online was from Vancover & told me they mainly get rain in the winter cuz of the warm pacific air. Is that true? If so, it sounds lovely.
Yes that's true, the coastal mntns cause the moisture drop ... Combo is better qualified to comment 'cuz where I am (interior mnts) we get tons of snow normally (except this past winter) and the temp hovers around freeze most of the time. I have a friend who moved to Vancouver Island only so he could golf in the winter ...

PS. not to worry Maggie, I like taking moose pictures, don't much care about eating them. Tell you what tho, I'd rather put up with North Ont. animals than the hwy 400/401 ones ...

Sheba

Moose

Moose ...
Well I hit one with my car in 1985... my husband totalled our car in 1996...was lucky he was not hurt...

My husband and I both hunt moose and it is a wonderful sport here in Newfoundland. We do get alot of people from away coming in just to hunt the wonderful animal...
Moose is very tasty and it is not a fatty meat..
Does not taste like chicken.. but I love it and we also make moose sausages and moose minced...

Take a look at these links..

Here

Pik of Moose

Sheba__:dog:~~~ ®™

Rebeckah

I could imagine that a moose would total a car if you hit it. we have that problem with deer. They are protected from hunting in most parks, and they're just breeding out of control. They'll come into your yard and eat all your bulbs & shrubs, etc. My dad lost 100s of $$$ of bulbs from the deer eating them one year. There's not much you can do tho.

gsobier

Sheba:

If you won :cow:I'd wonder if there would be a moose shortage out there.

Regards,
George:)
Sheba said:
Yes Moose is eatable.. I have moose all the time. I also shoot them...

:gunfire:::::::::xmas:

Sheba..:dog:

gsobier

Maggie:

Kitty, what kitty??? Brad's avatar has gone missing:notme:... ...kitty AWOL or MIA:lol:.

Regards,
Maggie said:
Careful,kitty, you don't wanna be wearing one of them. Although, when I was a kid growing up in the north, the hunters actually tied the moose heads down onto their hoods and drove around parading them. Those rough tongues hanging out and down were just plain old gross. UGH!!

Sheba

gsobier said:
Sheba:

If you won :cow:I'd wonder if there would be a moose shortage out there.

Regards,

We have plenty here....If I won :cow: I probably go down south....
But I still would come back to :gunfire::::::xmas:..

Sheba..:dog:

Sidebar