New WR C(6,16,4,5)=53

trilby

Just an observation.

Technor at LottoAnalyserPro can post as much as he likes in this public forum but LottoArchitect can't. Is that what you are saying? That seems like a pretty level playing field to me.

thornc

trilby said:
Just an observation.

Technor at LottoAnalyserPro can post as much as he likes in this public forum but LottoArchitect can't. Is that what you are saying? That seems like a pretty level playing field to me.

No, I haven't arrived to him yet! And so far I haven't seen Technor offering is program to specific requests!
He posted a thread saying his program existed and that is it, many other have done it, I have done it; and I don't have any problem with that....
I start expressing my concerns when someone starts doing what lottoarchitect is doing now!

BTW, trilby how come any time someone has something to say about(including against) lottoarchitect (member and software) you are the first to start defending them... I think lottoarchitect is a big boy/girl and can do that by himself....

thornc said:
No, I haven't arrived to him yet! And so far I haven't seen Technor offering is program to specific requests!
He posted a thread saying his program existed and that is it, many other have done it, I have done it; and I don't have any problem with that....
I start expressing my concerns when someone starts doing what lottoarchitect is doing now!

You shouldn't concerned about this at all then. When someone asks in here "is there any program that can do this, I haven't found anything that can do what I ask for" and my program happens to be the only that can, will you tell him that Lotto Architect does that, instead of me then? No, just because you don't know that LA does what the guy requested. Also, if you have noticed, I reply only on unique feature requests ,where LA happens to support them, whilst no program known to me does (and obviously this is why the guy ask for info anyway). So, as many people are unaware of these features anyway, and a forum is a place to give answers to such requests, then who will inform that guy who asks for info? What sounds bad to you is that I'm the author who replies - which you translate it as advertising, ok. I wish my users would reply instead of me, like trilby, but either way you will be offended as I can see.

If you realise so far what's going on, I work on every part of lottery to come up with solutions to improve reward for users because I really fancy what I do, even if I sell commercial. Some of my efforts where about wheels and you see the results so far. Do you know any commercial publisher doing such work? Why do I work on this, besides the actual program? For one reason: I want the best for the customers I have, because this will ensure me that the business I hold will last. I work on every bit of lottery matters because I want the best to come out of this and I don't stop on what is already outhere (e.g. existing wheels). I wish I could give everything for free but on the other hand, the effort I have put in all this should be rewarded somehow to create the best program around, or I would be just stupid to give everything free and feel bad myself; my motivation is the reward I get from people who wish to support me. This should tell you something about what business I hold and how I respect anyone who wishes to support the effort I do here. So, instead of criticizing me for advertising, you should better get the message that at least there are some honest tries out there that don't try to rip money from the pockets of potential customers, but support needed for this thing to keep rolling as you know.

Finally, let's assume you sell something. Then tell me, when someone requests a feature and he couldn't find any program that can deal with this, and you know that your program/whatever you have does it and no other does, and noone else (irrelevant with your business) replies, possibly because he don't know that what you sell does this, will you jump in and reply to him to say so? Be honest to your answer.

thornc

lottoarchitect, let's try to separate the two things...
first my concerns for your behaviour (and understand that, it's the behaviour not the your attitude or the way you express it) are that you are getting a bit to "commercial" in the sense that for example you are "advertising features" and goodies but you will only give/share them with those who pay... this is my concern (and note that I am not objecting to anything....)!

second my comment to trilby is more related to the problems we have been having here. And by all means it was a honest innocent question... I have no problems if anyone express their opinion about your or any other software... I sure do it... long live winhunter and lottostatistics...
(case you haven't noticed I am a believer in free(in all senses) software and ideas. By the way... what's your position on the new European software patent directive?)

And replying to your question... it depends, I would probably do like you did... but it would depend on the method used! And that is why you are seing my concerns expressed here, and not the thread where that other member asked for something!

And let me stress again that I have (at least at this moment) no problem with you... and in fact if in the future I reassess your program and find it to have features I like and want I may even buy it!

Did I made myself understand? I think I need to ask that because we are both non English native speakers and somehow the language can get in the way!

trilby

Thornc,

I think we are only different in our views re you support free software (and so do I of course), in this beat the lottery endeavor, whereas I have made a decision to buy a product. Therefore I expect the promoter of that product to continue to favour me before he does others who might expect the same product or parts of it to be given out for free. LA because he is in the business of lottery software understands this as well, and I appreciate this of him as you will be aware there are plenty of pressures from other posters to put up his wheels. Give it away and he has nothing

As you are aware I am a fan of LA. There are fans out there of other software. I do not bag other software. I only support LA. I see people in these forums post about some desire to perform some analytical process - many of these processes I know LA can do in a breeze. In these cases I have refrained from comment which appears to be contrary to LA author's wishes. Presumably these people post their need because other programs cannot do what they wish to achieve. But I see the fans of lotto programs not unlike those fans of motor cars where BMW is better than Mercedes Benz or vice versa and argue interminably about why one is better than the other (and incidentally I drive a Ford - er, hopefully a Benz one day), but I believe I have purchased at least a Mercedes equivalent in this lotto business. I enjoy using it. I have found it rewarding, I feel like I can almost smell that main prize coming. And despite the fact I am buying more tickets each time it is actually costing me less to play. Four other programs I have used, and I shall not name them, came nowhere compared to my current program. That's why I am enthuiastically behind it. And I know from a long hard haul over the years (many of them) I am not a lucky person.

trilby

anxious

1) A tool (like any tool) is good for as long as it generates value for the holder. Until value is verified anything can be said. Lottery software are as good as the profit they generate.

2) My naive question is what is this business about world records etc? Should players care whether their wheels have 53 or 54 lines? Sounds crazy to me.

3) Does anyone can report consistant success with any particular design?

anxious

Sidebar