Markov Software

Re: Oi!

thornc said:
Back to english, sorry but it was a lot faster to me to write that paragraph in Portuguese... Sérgio since you visinting come back again and do post in the international forum, I'm fealling lonely being the only one posting about PT lottery!
Ok Dennis you do post also!

About the history changes I was aware of them, I only didn't recall the dates!
I'm sure that it doesn't bother anyone that you post a few lines in Portugese...At times I posted some french lines...I had the correct date all along for PT Lotto for the 6/49 draws...but don't ask me for the 6/45 or the 6/47 draws I have no idea... :agree2:

Sérgio

Thornc

I think that lottery games aren´t 100% random and genetic algorithms is a new aproach, but visit the site and read the paper and the comments of the author in the end. When i got time i will be back to that project

thornc

Sérgio said:
Thornc

I think that lottery games aren´t 100% random and genetic algorithms is a new aproach, but visit the site and read the paper and the comments of the author in the end. When i got time i will be back to that project

I didn't say they were intirely random, I only said that they were at core level a random problem... I I did think that it was all random I wouldn't be wasting my time with software and analysis and would only use quick picks :eek:

Anyway thanks again for the tip...and do come back again!

thornc,

I follow all your intructions in the use of your program markov.exe, but for some reason in windows xp it doesn't work,

example:

DATA FILE: CAN649.TXT

Instruction:

markov < CAN649.TXT > result (PRESS ENTER)

Nothing happens..

Which part is wrong thornc?

I'm interesting in testing Markov chain theory.

thornc

As I posted somewhere else....

thornc said:
I presume this post is addressed to me!

markov.exe was/is intended as a proof of a concept (markov chains in lottery) it was coded in the back of an napkin (so to speak, actually it was adapted from another program I saw in a book) and since then I have discovered that it has severe design problems!

If you still want to give it a go, my advice would be to create a file with say the last 100 draws of your lotto, oldest draw at the top newest at the bottom. The lines can be in draw order or sorted (it should make a difference from a systems point of view, but from the lotto predictions point of view it doesn't).
Now the final trick to solve some of the design problems is to add a line with just two numbers at the top of the file, this two numbers should be exactly equal to the last two that are at the end of the file....
Something like:

35 77
10 37 70 57 25 19
13 90 69 25 46 30
39 37 55 12 74 80
18 02 27 50 35 77

After just save the file to say input.txt and run the command:
markov < input.txt > output.txt

It will try build lines of 6 numbers based on the input file!!
Every run should display different numbers because the program selects each following number based on the past number and on some random probability... in the example above 25 is followed by 19 and 46 so the program will select one of these randomly!

Which run is best... none and all.... there is no way to tell! What I used to do when I was looking at the performance of this program was to just check them all against the next draw and see the results!

Have fun!

thornc

Grandmaster said:
thornc,

I follow all your intructions in the use of your program markov.exe, but for some reason in windows xp it doesn't work,

example:

DATA FILE: CAN649.TXT

Instruction:

markov < CAN649.TXT > result (PRESS ENTER)

Nothing happens..

Which part is wrong thornc?

I'm interesting in testing Markov chain theory.

None, I just retested in XP Pro and everything works fine...
in your example you should find a file named "result" in the directory you run the program from!

Sidebar