Major electrical Power Failure!!

Maggie

Oh, geez, Beaker, better stay in. I wouldn't want to do all those stairs either.
Our downtown office is shut down, nobody is getting in at all. I work in a smaller building away from the downtown area and right now all I'm doing is surfing and most others are outside having a smoke. Even our phones are not ringing this morning. Most of our calls come from workers from Windsor and all the way up to in 705 area and nothing happening. I don't know if I can last till noon.

gsobier

Maggie:

How about being stuck at work... ...I drove down the QEW towards Niagara Falls... ...people there say they never did loose power in some locations close to where ground zero of the outage was:eek:. I found people at fast food places working very hard:bawl: trying to keep up with all the customers because they had power. You just can't win:no:.

I had some good 'ol Wendys chow late yesterday before returning back home to darkness here. I asked for no ice, like usual with my drink and there was no ice because it was so busy, noone had a chance to make more ice. Instead of no power, it was no time to make ice, go figure:notme:.

Winona and Grimsby had lights on and #50 Road was where the last point going east where lights were on.

I hope everyone got to see the planet Mars beside the very bright moon:agree: last night. IF there was no moon, it would have been just like at the cottage way up north looking up at the sky to see all the stars. We should get another chance/refund when there is no moon and cloud cover to see all the stars:lol:.

Regards,
George:)
Maggie said:
That would be horrible being stuck in an elevator. Especially if there were alot of people on it. We'll know in about an hour whether we stay or go.

Maggie

Just got the official word, we are all going home now. Now, to battle the non-working traffic lights again. :dang:

gsobier

Maggie:

You should have went to the golf course instead... ...don't need power out there.

Regards,
Maggie said:
Just got the official word, we are all going home now. Now, to battle the non-working traffic lights again. :dang:

Beaker

I heard Niagara/Burlington regions never lost power. Some smart engineer unplugged the station from the problem and isolated themselves. Apparently, you can only do that if you are close to the generating station :notme:

Lucky :agree:

Maggie

gsobier said:
Maggie:

You should have went to the golf course instead... ...don't need power out there.

Regards,

Too darn hot to be out on the course today, George. :agree:

Just heard that Ontario and New York state politely said no to Hydro Québec for supplying them with power....
I'm O.K. with that but when I heard and see on TV the mayor of New York cities telling that they can't import power from Canada because Canada is still ''disorganised'' it really makes me angry.... :dang:

You people should know that they are disorganized all of them refusing help from outside....Hydro Québec has enough power to supply all the Crucial parts of New York city without any trouble ....

Maggie said:
That would be horrible being stuck in an elevator. Especially if there were alot of people on it. We'll know in about an hour whether we stay or go.
I heard that a guy refuses to get out of the elevator that he was trapped in....after rescuing the two persons from that elevator a screemage went on....People were asking autographs to Pamela Anderson ....The other person rescued there... :lol:

Beaker

Dennis Bassboss said:
Just heard that Ontario and New York state politely said no to Hydro Québec for supplying them with power....
I'm O.K. with that but when I heard and see on TV the mayor of New York cities telling that they can't import power from Canada because Canada is still ''disorganised'' it really makes me angry.... :dang:

You people should know that they are disorganized all of them refusing help from outside....Hydro Québec has enough power to supply all the Crucial parts of New York city without any trouble ....
That Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot - he is no Giuliani - and so is Pataki - they don't have a clue.
Seems to me the problem isn't getting power it is distributing it. :notme:

Anyway, online for now but expecting to be shut down at any time.
:agree:

Beaker said:
That Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot - he is no Giuliani - and so is Pataki - they don't have a clue.

A major facility (independant from the usual network power lines) to transport power to New york is already in place Beaker....They have no reasons at all for telling these horrible stories... :dang:

Beaker

As you said buddy that ice storm was the worst and many things have been fixed in the electrical infrastructure to get power from Quebec. I would much rather be in 35C weather than -35 :cold: :cold: :agree2:

I was surprised to learn that 2 of our nuclear plants are down for maintenance. In the middle of Summer? :confused::hair: It will take a few days to get them back online

gsobier

Dennis:

It could be like this... ...the could have said no because they are more comfortable in getting the problems/issues they face under control first before saying yes to Hydro Québec or anyone else. I'm no expert but I'd expect some would point out risks in techincal terms to get power some outside at this time... ...I could be wrong... ...lots is not known:notme:... ...the biggest problem right now is getting the power grid up bit by bit.

The bottom line... ...I'm sure the procedure to restart the power grid is being done more slowly than possible for many reasons... ...many are learning on the job as they go... ...this not something they can reherse 100%... ...its a live test... ...simulations when testing are pretty good for preparation but the real thing is not the same... ...something like Y2K... ...you test, test, test, test, and test and then the time to implement still has the potential to throw you are curve or two. My Y2K New Years was boring which was good news for me. Hope it was for you too:).

Regards,
Dennis Bassboss said:

Hydro Québec is currently building cars that runs on electricity...They are going to hit the market next year...
They can reach 110 KM /hour and are independant from recharging for 9 hours straight....
Of course all the petrolium industries are trying to stop them from hitting the market...But they will fail....
In some northern cities of Québec you can already see some of these cars...They look like they are coming out of the head of Isaac Azimov...Way ahead of their time...
Here electricity is like water...you see it all around you....
We are not only ahead of the rest of the world in softwares designs and stuff around here as you can see....
And here you can buy beer in any store...
:lol:

Maggie

The rolling black-outs have started, right now, Stratford is totally out of power and nobody knows how long it will last. So, I imagine it won't be too long before it starts here.

gsobier

Beaker:

They got a Mayor there pointing fingers at us... ...our PM pointed at them... ...who out ranks who:lol:, hum?

Regards,
Beaker said:

Maggie said:
The rolling black-outs have started, right now, Stratford is totally out of power and nobody knows how long it will last. So, I imagine it won't be too long before it starts here.
When this thing starts....it has no endings.....
You'll have to cook on the charcoal you guys....Time to eat your delicious sausages from the vendor on the streets....

Beaker

gsobier said:
Beaker:

They got a Mayor there pointing fingers at us... ...our PM pointed at them... ...who out ranks who:lol:?.

Regards,
Well our PM is another story :dang: That Bloomberg thinks he's God. These things are so interconnected the Americans will be looking for someone to sue.

Next we'll get Mayor Mel saying something stupid :lol:

Bring in the military to get the power going. :lol:

gsobier said:
Beaker:

They got a Mayor there pointing fingers at us... ...our PM pointed at them... ...who out ranks who:lol:?.

Regards,
Yes but that makes you realize how americanize we've become...Are we a different country or what??:confused:
This is unacceptable to me....power out in the state=power out in Ontario
:dang:

gsobier

Beaker:

Our Mayor Mel:lol:, who would ever think he would do that:lol:. Remember when the bikers were in town to name are few:agree:.

You want OUR:eek: military to get the power restored???... ...they can't even all march in step:agree:.

Regards,
Beaker said:
Well our PM is another story :dang: That Bloomberg thinks he's God. These things are so interconnected the Americans will be looking for someone to sue.

Beaker said:

If it last long enough you will need military....not for the power stuff but to check out the people stealings from stores and stuff....A couple more days and you will see these things happenning....believe me folks...lock up your houses and double check your lottery tickets....some are aiming at them... :eek:

Sidebar