Major electrical Power Failure!!

Our facilities here can supply many thousands of megawatts to New York....Toronto....etc....
We were not touched by that surge because we are not link to the grid like Ontario is versus the U.S. ....We use the alternate electrical courrent instead of the dreadfull continue stuff like Ontario and major U.S. cities....
Here...We went through the ice storm...And we builded on this....our grid would not be affected like they were if it ever comes back again....some genius Dunb,Dumb learned from the mistakes in engenering...Hopefully some Dumb,Dumb will learn from this there too...
What bothers me more is that I hope that Charles had time to buy is Keno tickets for tonite before the power went out....
:lol:

One that might be happy about these events is Luckystrikes....Our casanova will enjoy a nice romantic Dinner with candles...And I'm sure lovely ladies for company... :agree2: :lol:

Maggie

Boy, it sure is nice to have power again. On my way home from work there were no traffic lights working at all, which was a nightmare. Some people don't know how to drive in that condition. They just fly through the intersections 3-4 cars at a time. :dang: Our power just came back on at about 9:30, we were out for a little over 5 hrs. Still don't know the whole story yet as to what really happened. I'll have to watch the news later.

Maggie

Well, here I am at work.. nobody knows what the heck is going on. Send people home or not send people home. I work for a very large corporation and still no word from the higher ups. I guess they're still driving around looking for a Timmys that's open. On the way in, most traffic lights still out and every Tim Hortons on my way in was closed. :dang:

All the big bosses are in Toronto, so maybe they are having problems still. :confused:

Beaker

Back up in some parts of T.O. Power off 4:10 pm on 1:00 am.

Maybe rotating blackouts here. Problem is a heat wave 40C - no air :sick:

Going to get all my stats on hard copy and study in the candlelight :lol:

Wonder if the lotto office has diesel :lol:

Watch your candles!! :agree:

Beaker

Maggie said:
Well, here I am at work.. nobody knows what the heck is going on. Send people home or not send people home. I work for a very large corporation and still no word from the higher ups. I guess they're still driving around looking for a Timmys that's open. On the way in, most traffic lights still out and every Tim Hortons on my way in was closed. :dang:
Go home Maggie. I don't know why people insist on going to work - very little will be done today. :rolleyes:

Maggie

As soon as somebody tell me to go home, I'm outta here!! There is very little to do here right now. One of the offices in Toronto called in to see if we could take over their part of the work here. DUH!! We are all on the same network.

Beaker

Maggie said:
As soon as somebody tell me to go home, I'm outta here!! There is very little to do here right now. One of the offices in Toronto called in to see if we could take over their part of the work here. DUH!! We are all on the same network.
Some people have no clue. Maggie, if I was your boss you would be home sleeping in enjoying the day. :agree: ;)

Just tell your boss to go home :lol:

Still pretty bad here - no subway many traffic lights out. I'd go out but don't want to get stuck in an elevator.

Maggie

That would be horrible being stuck in an elevator. Especially if there were alot of people on it. We'll know in about an hour whether we stay or go.

Beaker

Maggie said:
That would be horrible being stuck in an elevator. Especially if there were alot of people on it. We'll know in about an hour whether we stay or go.
And I am high in the air - 26 floors - a real gamble. And the other problem is getting back :bawl:

They will let you go at noon :agree:

Sidebar