lottoman software

Hi Scott

You're very welcome and I will be looking forward to testing out your new "Son of Lottoman" :)

In the UK we have a number of lottos such as 6/49 and thunderball (powerball) but we also have a game that is based on the 6/49 draw called hot picks, we bet on either 2,3,4 or 5 numbers only to appear in the 6/49 draw and the prizes are a little better such as £400 for 3 numbers and £7000 for 4 numbers. I Have been looking for a way of just eliminating the numbers and choosing just the 3,4 or 5 to use on the hot picks, if your new program could have this facility incorporated into it that would be brilliant.

Thanks again

Sami

spiel2001

Sami --

Am I understanding correctly that you are just picking, and playing, between two and five numbers on the ticket? And, if those numbers appear anywhere on the next draw, you win. Correct?

In which case, what you want is to be able to look at the complete set of numbers and try to figure out which two (to five) are most likely (if there is such a thing) to appear in any of the six positions in the next drawing. I would assume you also want to be able to wheel your play sets accordingly.

spiel2001

As a matter of record, when I'm ready to test, I'm going to be looking to this board and the people who have been lending me a hand in the design to set up free accounts to help me work out the kinks.

I'm also going to be looking to people to help me pull databases together as I did the first time.

higgy

Son Of Lottoman

Perhaps LT would allow you to start a new topic for those who would like to help out.........

higgy

First thing I would find useful is a routine that will determine how many draws it took for each of the numbers to come up at least x number of times.Second would be a routine that would graph each numbers frequency for x number of draws. It would also be of use to be able to overlay these graphs and any others onto a combination graph....Just a beginning:eek:

spiel2001

Duly noted and thanks for the info Higgy. I'm sure that graphing is not going to be an issue. I do have to work out how to set bounds on graphs to automatically pull numbers into play sets / pools though.

Ugh... my head's hurting ~grin~

spiel2001

higgy said:
First thing I would find useful is a routine that will determine how many draws it took for each of the numbers to come up at least x number of times.

I've been thinking about this one Higgy. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use something like a moving average to so this. Kind of like the moving 10 and 30 day moving averages that are used in the stock market (I'm going back to my MarketBeasts.com days here).

In this way, you could set a range in drawings (days) and measure how many times each number appeared within that range. As you slide that window over the history of the game, it would tell you a meaningful average for how many times a given number should appear in that period. Increasing or decreasing the size of the window would increase and decrease the average accordingly.

If you then applied a bell curve to those results, you could meaningfully determine how many standard deviations the current period was in or out of the average.

Does that make sense? Is that kind of what you're talking about?

higgy

more thoughts

I have been thinking about this a lot of late myself..I think you have a firm grasp of the issue...Like the stock market, in the lottery it is the change in period as it compares to the standard or rolling average that is useful in helping to "whittle down the numbers to a playable group" Unfortunately unlike stocks, market psychology plays no part in the winning numbers in any lottery game :finger: :dang:
The goal would be to tag each number as it changes from hot to cold or cold to hot over some period of draws with a value (x) Then this value x could be plugged into a network setup to determine if x has any useful function in determining future draws:clap:

higgy

spiel2001 said:
Duly noted and thanks for the info Higgy. I'm sure that graphing is not going to be an issue. I do have to work out how to set bounds on graphs to automatically pull numbers into play sets / pools though.

The idea for now is not to pull numbers into sets but to determine what range of draws gives useful statistical information. Once a range can be set then all other
analysis can be based on a set range of draws. If we are on the same page here then it will be easy to set bounds..as far as pooling numbers that would be the last step before wheeling numbers into sets.
For those who want to bail early the bounds could be set on the graph
want to add the number 13 to your pool,double click the number 13 ala TWT and any borland database function

higgy

Winalot2007 said:
I realize there is a super Tutorial for Lottoman 1.38

Can someone give some tips on how they use Lottoman to select their numbers to play?

Thanks!!

Steve
Check out the lotto logix website for a lot of info on strategies that work or check back here from time to time theres going to be a lot of discussion here shortly

higgy

spiel2001 said:

Scott, Had an after thought on this first routine perhaps it would be more useful if it was setup to find how many times some function(x) occurs and over how many draws Where x could represent any relations ship that can be defined...x=n1...x=n1+1...x=(n1,n2) ....x=\sqrt{2 n1 \over \pi} I know this complicates the algorithm but would it not shorten the total lines of code you need to write? The general idea being a routine to look for patterns and their period and then be able to graph them in a fashion the majority of people can understand intuitively even if they don't understand the relationship or its definition.....sorry if I seem to be getting ahead of myself or not making too much sense been away from the game for a while :sleeping:

Scott - Lottoman Help

Hello Scott

Know you haven't worked with lottoman for a while. Have a question?? On the 'numerical analysis' bar chart, it is hard to tell what the 'confidence index' number is for each 'lottery number'. Is there a way to bring up that number with it's 'confidence index'??

Thanks
turtle0747

spiel2001

~lol~

I'm still here... doing a contract job, starting a new business and working on two programs. Just busy is all.

The program's coming along. Not sure how long it'll be before I have something to test... getting it done as quickly as I can, but want it to be "right" too

You can keep up with me at <<< sorry Scott a link of that type cannot be posted here. Thanks for your understanding. >>> as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

taaroa

Hi,

Scott Piel was planning a new Lottoman like software to use on a site. Does anybody know if Scott have realized his projet?

Thank you.

taaroa

Sidebar