lottoman software

stakar

Registered copy of lottoman

Hi guys,
i download the lottoman from the ftp site but itsnt a registered copy. Someone in this forum has one.
I looked at cracks sites and i didnt find a thing.
Where did he get it?
Can we have a registered copy too?
Thanks

BushHappy

System 13,

Please can you help me download LottoMan v1.38.

I tried ftp://ftp.compulotto.com/pub/ as you suggested, but it did not work - I got some message:

The folder "ftp://ftp.compulotto.com/pub/" is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access.

I do not know how to fix this or if the problem is even on my side.

I have heard so many good things about this program and I would really like to try it.

system13

BushHappy said:
System 13,

Please can you help me download LottoMan v1.38.

I tried ftp://ftp.compulotto.com/pub/ as you suggested, but it did not work - I got some message:

The folder "ftp://ftp.compulotto.com/pub/" is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access.

I do not know how to fix this or if the problem is even on my side.

I have heard so many good things about this program and I would really like to try it.

BushHappy,

Dont know which browser are you using, but IE5 has one option that may affect FTP usage.

Go to Tools\Internet Options, and then under the "Advanced" tab locate "Enable folder view for FTP sites".

If this option is turned on, you may be presented with the error note you have described when trying to access a FTP site,so turn it off (uncheck it) and try again.

If this is not the case, i really don't know, a FTP site might be down or something, you know, that link I've posted a year back or so and the site is not mine.

I've a copy of lottoman though, and if you still can't resolve the FTP access, I'll send it to you via LT.:agree:

Cheers m8

spiel2001

Wow... I'm humbled

I just came across this message chain by accident and I truly am humbled by all of the kind words I read here. Thank you all (if any of you are still around).

For those who care to know... the support was in fact the killer for me. Given that this program was used all over the world, there was no time of day that the phone didn't ring. All the same, I truly regret having sold the rights... LottoMan was my baby, I had invested so much of myself in it. To see it abandoned broke my heart.

That said... it has been abandoned long enough that I'm seriously giving thought to resurrecting it. I've been discussing it with my significant other for about a year now and making plans. My intent is to build an inexpensive subscription based internet based version that anyone with a web browser can access from anywhere. This would allow the users to share their databases on a single platform among other things. It also makes it possible for the program to support lottery clubs, etc.

Anyway, that's kind of how I happened into this message thread. I was looking to see if I could find the program for download anywhere so I could recover the manuals and such that it contained (that would save me a lot of work). If anyone out there still has a copy of my old program -- registered or not -- I would love to get my hands on it... drop me a note here or feel free to e-mail me at <<< email addresses are not allowed >>>
Again... thank you so much for such kind words. I sincerely hope some of you are still out there in LottoLand.

Last edited by a moderator:

spiel2001

system13 said:
P.S. spiel2001, are you really Scot Piel? I just cannot believe that you don't have a copy of your masterwork!

Thanks much... and LT came to my rescue with the copy I had given him all those years ago. My hero ~smile~

As shameful as it may be... yes... it's really me. And I do actually have several copies on old 3.5" floppies -- but they are no longer readable.

Sadly, I have none of the source code -- I'd love to have that if only just remind myself what the heck it was I was doing. It's all good though -- I'll just have to re-engineer it all again, which is probably for the better anyway.

Seeing as I've been "out of the biz" for so many years... is LottoWorld Magazine still around? Who are the players in the business these days?

morocco

Hi spiel2001,

If You are really Scot Piel !?!?!?
Then Welcome Back .
And count me in to help you with what i can to re-enginneer LM.

LT

Administrator
It really is him and what a joy to see K. Scott Piel back!

I was going to say old but that is just in internet terms :)
There are still many of the "original" online lottery people around.

Lotto World however has passed on as far as I know.

tomtom

LT said:
Lotto World however has passed on as far as I know.
It may look like it, but there are still some good ball machines games...inexpensive, good odds, good prizes, with a good return to players......thanx to the internet, available online also...

spiel2001

Not a problem Morocco -- and, actually, just "Scott" is sufficient... the K. thing goes back to my military days. It just "notes" that I go by my middle name. (which confuses the hell out of every computer program ever written)

spiel2001

Well... first things first... I've got to go back and study the old manuals and explore the program in detail to remind myself of all the things I was doing and where I was in the process.

Which will lead to the second step... Identifying all of the things that didn't work, were missing or were incomplete.

If anyone wants to chime in with a list of things they noted about the old program or even just features they would like to see in any program, go for it. I'll make notes and see what I can do.

It's gonna be fun ~smile~

spiel2001 - lottoman

hello spiel2001

i was going to try your program but the florida database is so out of date. by the time you try to update, you use up your limit. any way around it?

thanks
turtle0747

spiel2001

Unfortunately Turtle0747 --

Unless someone has a crack for it, no. I had to surrender the source code and the code generators for it when I sold the rights, so even I can't get a working copy without mooching ~smile~ The only way I know of that you could even begin would be to do a binary edit on the data file and overwrite the old data with new. But that could get pretty messy pretty fast.

Unfortunately Turtle0747 --

thanks for the info spiel2001. are you developing another program? any help or ideas to playing the florida lotto?

turtle0747

lotto database

morocco

thanks. i am at <<< the posting of email addys is not allowed in these forums >>> do you use it for florida lotto?

<<< morocco - if you could upload the file to any of the free upload/download places then the link could be posted here and turtle could download the file from there - thanks >>>

Sidebar