lottoman software

bubbles

hi beaker and brad:wavey: bubbles here,through looking for the software lottoman and downloading it i accidently found out that i recently brought it lol and i,m currently trying it out so i want to thank-u both for all u help ,i happen to have a newer version ps and i,m laughing to myself to the lotto shop puting my tickets in with hope that i will win knowing that u guys have won before,i feel so silly but i,m having a great giggle thanks guys kind regards bubbles :cool: :wavey:

Brad

Bubbles,

glad you got it, I could only find disk 1, haven't tried since. Do you remember the site you downloaded it from? I'm a bit of a 'lotto software junkie' :p ...wouldn't mind trying it myself,

Cheers, Brad

Last edited:

system13

hello everyone ,:wavey:
i`m new to this forum and as a unexperienced lotto player (i`m more of a sports bettor) i signed in to learn a thing or two from you guys.i`ve been lurking for a while since a friend of mine told me about some Canadian guy cracked the Croatian lottery jackpot with his "dancing set",i was sceptical about it but i found that not only to be true,but i had myself 2 times multiple 3 from 6 in just 4 weeks,it`s just amazing.
Thanks to Mr.Bassboss. :clap:

i`m a rookie yet in this field,but I´ll try to help everyone as far as i can and i hope that my abbilities will improve with time in order to do so.:D

As for this topic,i know that links are not allowed here but i just bumped on this link where you can download Lottoman v.1.38: ftp://ftp.compulotto.com/pub/ file is 4.22 MB large,so let admin decide,if he decides to delete it,i`ve no complaints what so ever. :agree:

Cheers and sorry for my english, it`s my third language so don`t be to harsh on me:wavey:

Last edited:

Brad

Thanks for the link system13,

Lottoman is an excellent program with a great help/theory file. I've had a registered copy now for a while. Wonder if the link you provided has an unrestricted or a trial version?

Too bad Scott Piel stopped further development off this sw, one can just imagine an upgraded version ...

system13

No problems Brad,
as a matter of fact i got myself interested on lottoman on this forum,i never heard of him before so when i finally found it, i felt kind of obliged to share the link with other members,even though it`s now easy accesible thru the net...

its good that you have a registered copy because the link i provided has of course a restricted, trial version only, but i don`t mind because as you say, the theory file is great indeed and for one novice like myself,for the time being that`s even more important for me than the software itself, i dont doubt it`s exellent,though so i`m happy that i can experiment with it in weeks to come...
:dizzy:

Cheers :)

Rebeckah

The restriction is that you can only have 30 entries in your database. You can delete older draws, and enter new ones as you progress thru time, but can have no more than 30 total entries. Anybody know if you can still register it? Or has Scott disappeared? thxs

Beaker

Rebeckah said:
The restriction is that you can only have 30 entries in your database. You can delete older draws, and enter new ones as you progress thru time, but can have no more than 30 total entries. Anybody know if you can still register it? Or has Scott disappeared? thxs
Gone - Scott P has left the building.

Beaker

system13 said:
i guess the sale of LottoMan left him so
well-off that he's now living in Tahiti painting Polynesian babes.:lol:
I read something somewhere that after he released the software, people were asking for all kinds of improvements and support and he just quit. :notme:

The guy knew/knows alot about lotto - shame :agree:

Thankfully, I have a registered copy ;)

LT might know - he helped build the 6/49 database.

system13

Rebeckah said:

Rebeckah, yes, it`s restricted on just 30 total entries but only if you start a new database from scratch.
On the other hand, i used a little trick so i managed to extend that number on 123 total entries and that`s more than enough for my needs...furthermore, i like that number...:dizzy:

What i did is quite simple.

Since Croatian lotto is 6/45 + bonus, i used the old database of Austrian lotto which has the identical configuration, even draws on the same day, so i edited all of 93 existing entries with numbers from my lotto and still have room for those 30 shareware entries. Piece of cake.:agree:

LT

Administrator
Welcome to bubbles and system13 :wavey:

Ohhhhhh lottoman .. it's a sacred shrine in the church of lotto analysis. Talk about being ahead of its time!
K. Scott Piel - his company was called Lighthouse Engineering - must have dedicated every minute of his life to that project at that time. We are talking 1995!!! The internet was hardly a common word back then and Scott Piel had already developed his wonderful program and was announcing it to the world via his web site at lottoman.com
I just checked out the old site and its for sale with a minimum bid of $400. How sad. It should have been preserved for the Lottery Hall of Fame. In many ways lottoman.com was the inspiration for me to launch the lotto tutor site in 1996.
Lottoman gave the lotto enthusiast everything - an intensive program based upon Scott's "vector analysis", huge manual (never fully finished) and someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was the first program to offer a wheel builder and ticket printer feature. Lottoman also had the first lottery bulletin board on the net - really neat with images of spiders on a web :)
the only thing that was missing were lottery databases. Scott Piel tackled that problem with a great idea. People from each country, state etc. would build and update the databases for their geographical region. I did the Canadian national Lotto 649, Super 7, Ontario 6/49 and Lottario. My typing fingers are still ragged at the ends after entering that amount of lines :D
Unfortunately Scott Piel shut down in 1996. He sold the lottoman rights to Jim Kiss of Kiss Computers and the program was never developed further :(
The reason for the closure was that he could not keep up with support. Lottoman is a great program but takes a while to learn. He was bombarded with thousands of emails and it was just not possible to keep up.
I'm glad that it is still available. Well worth checking out even is it is "old" and a big salute to K.Scott Piel for his pioneering achievements in the internet lottery industry.
:agree2:

doc

Found Him

A search on google for Scott Piel shows that he's now involved in some kind of stock market web site out of Florida. It's got to be the same guy. If anybody really wants to contact him, I guess that's the place to start.

Beaker

Re: Found Him

doc said:
A search on google for Scott Piel shows that he's now involved in some kind of stock market web site out of Florida. It's got to be the same guy. If anybody really wants to contact him, I guess that's the place to start.
That would appear to be the guy alright, how many K. Scott Piel's could there be??

That site is new and in this kind of market, he may make more money playing lotto :lol:

I see Lighthouse Engineering is an ISP.

system13

Thanks LT, it`s always nice when a new member is being welcomed, it makes him feel that way too.:)

As for the Lottoman,i`m just amazed, i`ve never seen anything like that before and i get a feeling that it was way ahead not just in his time but at the moment as well,in past couple of days i just can`t keep my eyes of him. i think i should slow a bit though because my girlfriend doesn`t share the same feelings so i must prevent that "lottoman or me!!!" situation,frankly i don`t know what the answer would be atm.:lol:

Just wondering, if Scott Piel sold lottoman to this guy Jim,i might understand that he stopped further development but i don`t understand why he stopped further selling and distribution or maybe he got afraid that customers pressure would overwhelm him as well?
:confused:

Sidebar