Lotto program request

Kwc

Triples

I still pick my triples by hand using the list of triples provided by windows lotto pro program. My work load has had me busy and i haven't done any new lists and have just stuck with my original findings.
When lotto pro lists these triples with repeats from 2 to 8 times I work with the top 30 in the repeats because to do this by hand on all of them will take forever hence the request for a program to combine these automatically.
Kev

bloubul

Kwc

Do you use all the draws to select your “TOP” 30 trips, or do you only use a set number of draws. E.g. last 20 or so?

BlouBul :cool:

Kwc

triples

The last time I did this I used the whole of the past history.
I would like to do this but with all the repeating triples and not just the top 30.

Iam learning visual basic and would like to find out how to find repeating triples from the past draws in a file but so far I don't know the best approach.

I know that for 6 numbers there is 20 combos for a triple and was thinking of loading the first draw numbers into this 20 combos then the next draw into 20 combos and looking for a match.
This may be way of the mark for finding triples but does anybody know the best way for this.
Kev

bloubul

PAB

Will you please verify these two formula's for me, or give me a better formula please. (I'm not so sure of "$")

1st formula to count correct lotto numbers
{=IF(SUM(B7:G7)=0,0,SUM(IF(B7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(C7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(D7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(E7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(F7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(G7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)))}

2nd formula to count bonus number
{=IF(H7=0,0,SUM(IF($H$3=B7:G7,1,0)))}

Thanks

thornc

Kwc, one of these days I will have something for you... any problems using a pure console based python script?

Kwc

update on wins

Hi All
My original 8 line system using repeating triples paired together and using 48 of the 49 numbers has won again (only £10s) but still hitting.

the total for the complete history of the uk lotto is,

line 1 =24 match 3 , 3 match 4 , 1 match 5
line 2 =26 match 3 , 4 match 4
line 3 =16 match 3 , 3 match 4
line 4 =28 match 3 , 3 match 4
line 5 =33 match 3 , 4 match 4
line 6 =24 match 3 , 3 match 4 , 1 match 5
line 7 =16 match 3 , 1 match 4
line 8 =24 match 3 , 2 match 4

total draws 970, wins 216

This year won

22/01/05
26/01/05
09/03/05
09/04/05

Is this a good hit rate or does any one know if their system has had this many hits?

Any comments welcome
Kev

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

bloubul said:
PAB

Will you please verify these two formula's for me, or give me a better formula please. (I'm not so sure of "$")

1st formula to count correct lotto numbers
{=IF(SUM(B7:G7)=0,0,SUM(IF(B7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(C7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(D7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(E7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(F7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)+IF(G7=$B$3:$G$3,1,0)))}

2nd formula to count bonus number
{=IF(H7=0,0,SUM(IF($H$3=B7:G7,1,0)))}

Thanks

You DON'T Need the "IF(SUM(B7:G7)=0,0" Because it will Automatically Insert a 0 ( Zero ) into the Cell.

The Following Two Array Formulas will do what you want.

In Cell J7 ( Non Bonus Matched ) Enter the Array Formula ( Ctrl-Shift-Enter to Get Curly Brackets {} at EACH End of the Formula ) :-
=SUM(COUNTIF(B7:G7,B$3:G$3),0)

In Cell K7 ( Bonus Matched ) Enter the Array Formula ( Ctrl-Shift-Enter to Get Curly Brackets {} at EACH End of the Formula ) :-
=SUM(COUNTIF(B7:G7,H$3),0)

Let me know how you get on.
All the Best.
PAB
:wavey:

iristof

PAB said:
As Far as the Array Formula in Cells U5:U1504.

In Cell U5 ( Copy & Paste from Here ), Enter the Formula :-

=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))
Do NOT Press Enter, Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter Together, this will Convert the Formula to an Array Formula. The Formula Should then Look like this :-

{=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))}

Notice the Curly Brackets at the Beginning and End of the Formula, if you have these then the Formula is Now an Array Formula and is OK. Copy this Formual Down to Cell U1504.

The Reason the Cells would be Blank is Because there are NO Numbers in the First Cell of the Combinations to Check ( Cells N5:N1504 ).

As Far as the Cells T1506:T1513 Not Counting.

They are NOT Supposed to Count, these Cells are JUST Titles for the Totals that are Produced in Columns U to Whatever the Number of Combinations you are Checking.

Let me know if Everything Goes OK.

Good Luck.
All the Best.
PAB

Esta formula da error (google translate: This formula gives error)

=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COU NT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(M ATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))

En español es asi pero sigue dando error: (google translate: In Spanish is so wrong but continues:)

=SI($N$5=0," ",SI(CONTAR(COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,SI(CONTAR(COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),CONTAR( COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))

Me podeis ayudar por favor

You can help me please

Thank you

iristof

PAB said:
As Far as the Array Formula in Cells U5:U1504.

In Cell U5 ( Copy & Paste from Here ), Enter the Formula :-

=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))
Do NOT Press Enter, Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter Together, this will Convert the Formula to an Array Formula. The Formula Should then Look like this :-

{=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))}

Notice the Curly Brackets at the Beginning and End of the Formula, if you have these then the Formula is Now an Array Formula and is OK. Copy this Formual Down to Cell U1504.

The Reason the Cells would be Blank is Because there are NO Numbers in the First Cell of the Combinations to Check ( Cells N5:N1504 ).

As Far as the Cells T1506:T1513 Not Counting.

They are NOT Supposed to Count, these Cells are JUST Titles for the Totals that are Produced in Columns U to Whatever the Number of Combinations you are Checking.

Let me know if Everything Goes OK.

Good Luck.
All the Best.
PAB

Esta formula da error (google translate: This formula gives error)

=IF($N$5=0," " ,IF(COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,IF(COU NT(MATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),COUNT(M ATCH(INDIRECT(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))

En español es asi pero sigue dando error: (google translate: In Spanish is so wrong but continues:)

=SI($N$5=0," ",SI(CONTAR(COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))=5,SI(CONTAR(COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$K5,0))=1,"5+","5"),CONTAR( COINCIDIR(INDIRECTO(U$1),$E5:$J5,0))))

Me podeis ayudar por favor

You can help me please

Thank you

iristof

Hello bloubul and Tod@s

No me refiero a que sea una formula mala, si no a que debe tener algun error, una , o un "", o un espacio, (), por que me da error al hacerla matricial, no me deja.

(Google translate: I am not referring to a formula that is bad, if not that should have any error, or an informal ", or a space, (), which gives me a mistake to make matrix, will not let me.)

Hay alguna solucion? o me podeis pasar el fichero xls

(Google translate: There any solution? or you can pass me the file xls)

MUCHAS GRACIAS Thank you very much

Salu2

bloubul

Hi iristof

Are you Spanish or Mexican???
There is nothing wrong with the formula I gave you, I'm using it myself from time to time.

Sidebar