lotto 649 stats

Sheba

Can someone tell me which is correct...

My program says that the number 4 was drawn 285 times and the number 6 was drawn 268 times... (including the bonus Number)

I was looking at a webpage with the stats for the lotto 649 they show that the number 4 was drawn 286 times and the number 6 was drawn 267 times. I spent some time looking at my program and I could not find any mistakes so I decided to check out another page and it seems that my program is correct. I am just asking you guys first before I email the webmaster of the other place that seems to be incorrect.

Thanks....

Sheba__:dog:

GillesD

Frequency for numbers 4 and 6

My database produced the same statistics as your program, Sheba.

After 2058 draws (Oct. 11, 2003), these are the frequencies I get:

#4: 246 times without counting the bonus number and 285 times including the bonus number;

#6: 239 times without counting the bonus number and 268 times including the bonus number.

This is not the first time a commercial or well advertised site has errors in its databases.

gsobier

Re: Frequency for numbers 4 and 6

GillesD and Sheba:

This could prove to be a nasty can of worms... ...be very careful you guys... ...I went through this a little while ago... ...there is another problem with data which is so difficult to detect, it would make your hair curl (and I don't like curly hair)... ...counts will not work 100%... ...I seen errors which will fool most... ...it goes like this...

1406 12 Jul 1997 12 16 20 23 36 37 38
1405 09 Jul 1997 04 31 32 35 47 48 30

...should be...
1406 12 Jul 1997 12 16 20 23 36 47 38
1405 09 Jul 1997 04 31 32 35 37 48 30

...get the picture?

I'd check and compare with MORE than 2 history files very closely from different sources... ...depending on the errors, it will also give you a little insight into the quality of the software you might or have already purchased:agree:.

I wrote my own because I don't think any of them are as good as mine, if I was to be so bold in saying so (sorry, its not for sale).

Regards,
George:)

GillesD said:
My database produced the same statistics as your program, Sheba.

After 2058 draws (Oct. 11, 2003), these are the frequencies I get:

#4: 246 times without counting the bonus number and 285 times including the bonus number;

#6: 239 times without counting the bonus number and 268 times including the bonus number.

This is not the first time a commercial or well advertised site has errors in its databases.

peter

Good point George, Sheba did the right thing about asking for some of us here to verify our stats to hers.
I've done this here before, and both Dennis and Gilles were kind enough to verify theirs to mine.:agree2:

Brad

Just wonder how you check hist data

I find a spread sheet works well ... put 2 files side by side and then subtract ... when scanned, any diff other than 0 will point to individual incorrect entry

ie: 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 ... 2 3 6 9 10 12 16 ... 0 -1 0 1 0 0 2

Used to do the same with line sums however as George points out that may not catch all mistakes.

There are probably better/faster ways but this works for me, as long as the reference file is absolutely correct of course.

peter

I have so many different files, that one cross checks the other, mind you this is only useful, if I make the typo, if the typo is from where you check the results, your screwed.

Brad

peter said:
... <snip> ... if the typo is from where you check the results, your screwed.
Agreed .... it helps to have the official results file from a lottery corp ... those may not be available for all lottos though.

I put my 'trust' in BCLC, maybe I shouldn't :notme:

gsobier

Peter:

I pointed out an error in data and got free software for it:lol:.

Regards,
peter said:
Good point George, Sheba did the right thing about asking for some of us here to verify our stats to hers.
I've done this here before, and both Dennis and Gilles were kind enough to verify theirs to mine.:agree2:

gsobier

Brad:

BCLC has :agree2: 6/49 history data if memory serves me correct. I'm not pleased with www.olgc.ca at all:(!

Regards,
Brad said:
Agreed .... it helps to have the official results file from a lottery corp ... those may not be available for all lottos though.

I put my 'trust' in BCLC, maybe I shouldn't :notme:

Last edited:
gsobier said:
Peter:

I pointed out an error in data and got free software for it:lol:.

Regards,
You are lucky ...Because I pointed out many errors in many software and I never got any free software for this:confused:
...But I did get free softwares for other reasons...
:agree:

gsobier

Dennis:

I'd have to say a program I've written to compare is the best. I'd post the one I got but its too big and is out-of-date quickly:(, a maintenace night-mare:bawl:. We should arrange with LT to make one available or send everyone to BCLC.

I think Sheba got more than what she barganed for:lol:.

Regards,
Dennis Bassboss said:
Best way is to check them by position....At least this is what I do now...

Brad

gsobier said:
Brad:

BCLC has :agree2: 6/49 history data if memory serves me correct.

Regards,
Yep ... and Super7 too (and all BC stuff of course)

ps. I got some free sw and a lotto book too from GH (too bad I already had the sw ;) ) ... I also got a Pick3 prog at half cost for pointing out errors in the trial version

Cheers

gsobier

Peter:

I just sent you mine.

Regards,

peter said:
I have so many different files, that one cross checks the other, mind you this is only useful, if I make the typo, if the typo is from where you check the results, your screwed.

peter

Got it, George Reply sent to the proper address, is the other address still valid, or should I delete it.

Sidebar