Lighting strikes

peter

I was just sitting at the table in the kitchen, we are currently having a thunderstorm and from where I sit at the table lighting just struck the neighbors( across the street maybe 40ft) fireplace chimeney stack.I'm going over there to tell him he needs to replace his stack, and to go buy a lotto ticket, boy was that something to see!!!!!!!:smokin:

Beaker

peter said:
I was just sitting at the table in the kitchen, we are currently having a thunderstorm and from where I sit at the table lighting just struck the neighbors( across the street maybe 40ft) fireplace chimeney stack.I'm going over there to tell him he needs to replace his stack, and to go buy a lotto ticket, boy was that something to see!!!!!!!:smokin:
WOW :eek: Good thing you're having all that rain to get rid of the snow :lol:

We get them bad here also - lightning strikes the top of the building across from me constantly. :worry:

Last edited:

Brad

:lol: :bawl: :lol: ... that's good Beak !!! Never saw a pregnant building bfr but what's the prognosis, will it be a boy bungalow ?? :lol:

"Lightening - descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity that occurs late in pregnancy; the fetus is said to have dropped" ;)

way beyond warped

Beaker

Brad said:
:lol: :bawl: :lol: ... that's good Beak !!! Never saw a pregnant building bfr but what's the prognosis, will it be a boy bungalow ?? :lol:

"Lightening - descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity that occurs late in pregnancy; the fetus is said to have dropped" ;)

way beyond warped
:lol: finger slipped - worse than lighting

:lol:

I like this one

lightning: A sudden, usually improbable stroke of fortune :dance1:
as in Beaker's going to be hit by that too :agree2:

Florie

While on the subject of lightning, my co-worker who owned a farm got striked by a lightning one weekend. Shocking news on a Monday morning.

Brad

Read somewhere that one has a much better chance of being struck by lightning than winning the 6/49 ... something like 1 in 700K

so the corollary is that one will get struck 20 times bfr hitting the Jack Pot :eek:

ouch

I have been struck by lightning on 4 different occasions...I have some scars that reminds me this all over my body...
If you want to be hit by it ...just go fishing when a storm is hitting hard and hold your rod high up with your arms toward the clouds...It is the same for golf I have heard...Let me tell you it is a burning feeling...
:burnt:

Brad said:
Read somewhere that one has a much better chance of being struck by lightning than winning the 6/49 ... something like 1 in 700K

so the corollary is that one will get struck 20 times bfr hitting the Jack Pot :eek:
Yes you are right Brad ...That is by playing only a set of 6 numbers...It is not the case here... :agree:

Brad said:
Hey Dennis ... you only have to endure 16 more strikes ! :D
Well that might be the ones that are playing too many numbers in their sets..Lets say more than 12 numbers without DN...They'll hit but for what??? I only need one shot at it and it will come... :agree: :agree2:

Actually all the players that plays more than 12 numbers without having any DN numbers are ''amateurs'' ....
They miss target even by hitting 6 or 7 numbers in their huge armada of numbers....
Lightning allmost never strikes twice at the same place during the same storm...And so it is for having luck striking twice in huge sets of numbers... :no:
1- having them on the huge pool
2- having them on one line
This is pushing your luck a little too far....And the real achievement lies in having them on one line of 6 numbers only....
:agree:

Maggie

I imagine LT is pretty pleased with his 6/20. I don't know that I would refer to him as an amateur, though.

Maggie said:
I imagine LT is pretty pleased with his 6/20. I don't know that I would refer to him as an amateur, though.
LT is not an amateur but with all my respect 6 out of 20 doesn't achieved much if you can't put it on one line of 6....And to me it is an amateur results .... Coming from LT or anyone else...It is my opinion....I always had it and it won't change.... :agree:

Maggie

I don't always agree with the opinion of everybody here, but I certainly always respect their opinions. I guess it's all in the way they are presented.

Maggie said:
I don't always agree with the opinion of everybody here, but I certainly always respect their opinions. I guess it's all in the way they are presented.
Well this is what it is all about....
Hitting 6 out of more than 12 once in a while without any DN to show .....
versus the once upon a time comes up hitting 6 out of 10 or less with DN on target...giving up on the illusion of hitting without hitting for real..and waiting for a real hit...

I even have my doubts on some that hit in many numbers and told us that they had hit for 5....Reality might be very different...
And me too I respect the opinion of everybody here...
:agree:

Maggie

I'm not too sure who you would be doubting here and I don't know why you would even doubt it. If it is me that you're talking about, well, if I did lie about it, then lightening can go ahead and strike me dead right now. I can assure you it was no lie and if you have a problem with believing it, then that's your perogative. I'm the one who has to live with myself and my conscience. And I have no problem with sleeping at night.
I also don't know why you think someone has to have a DN or 2 in their sets. I know someone who on Jan.9-02 was one of 12 winners for the 5+B for a winning of 75,971.30. NO DN, only 5 lines played. Believe it or not!! Numbers played:
8-12-23-28-39-43 Oh yeah, almost forgot, lightening can strike twice in one place.

Florie

Maggie said:
I'm not too sure who you would be doubting here and I don't know why you would even doubt it. If it is me that you're talking about, well, if I did lie about it, then lightening can go ahead and strike me dead right now. I can assure you it was no lie and if you have a problem with believing it, then that's your perogative. I'm the one who has to live with myself and my conscience. And I have no problem with sleeping at night.
I also don't know why you think someone has to have a DN or 2 in their sets. I know someone who on Jan.9-02 was one of 12 winners for the 5+B for a winning of 75,971.30. NO DN, only 5 lines played. Believe it or not!! Numbers played:
8-12-23-28-39-43 Oh yeah, almost forgot, lightening can strike twice in one place.

Maggie, I believe you so don't worry about it. It is our choice of how to spend our gambling money. Some play too seriously I think. It is just a game. Whether I pick 12 or more numbers, Abrrev or F/W, DN or no DN OR even QP for that matter. It is a decision I make and not anybody else and nobody can persuade me otherwise.
To earn respect, we must give respect. Have a nice day!

Maggie

Thanks, Florie, you're last line says it all in a nutshell. I just get tired of people being shot down when they achieve some degree of success, even if it's only a little.

peter

Maggie, for what it's worth, I have no reason to doubt your honesty, sincerity, or your integrity, I must say having chatted with you on a few occasions, and having read your posts, you treat people with the utmost respect, so chin up girl, keep on smilin', keep on posting.:agree2:

Sidebar