Hits by Position

savagegoose

well i used the bias on my chart to pick 18 games, my 6/38 game has had jackpots untill its 960k, so ita about time i put soem real money on it, another $10 or sso down the tubes,

PAB

Hi savagegoose,

savagegoose said:
Well I used the bias on my chart to pick 18 games, my 6/38 game has had jackpots untill it's 960k, so it's about time I put some real money on it, another $10 or so down the tubes.
Remember the old adage:-

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Good luck!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

savagegoose

poor performance this week, only 1 line of 3 numbers
the game jackpot didnt go off, so i replayed another 18 games for $9.70.
its little over $1 mill now, not bad as starts at about $70k

Jamtrone1

PAB said:
For anyone who is interested, I have re-created and uploaded a file that Icewynd's original post included.
It does give some interesting and useful statistics.
All you need to do is once you have calculated the number of times each number has been drawn in each position and the number of times the Bonus Ball has been drawn for each number is to replace the data in cells C5:I53 with that information.
Although the file is setup specifically for a 649 Lotto with a Bonus Ball you could easily adapt this to fit other Lotto's.

Copy & Paste the following link into your browser and hit enter.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9bbyvi4aizcl5vi

NOTE

This is Icewynd's work and NOT mine, I have just re-created his data because of the difficulty with the original GoogleDocs file.

Have fun!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Hi PAB

Could I trouble you once more again by asking you to share Icewynd's spreadsheet you re-created? I just realised that I desperately am in need of it to help me check out what's unchecking with my data.

Warm regards,
Jamtrone1:dog:

PAB

Hi Jamtrone1,

Jamtrone1 said:
Could I trouble you once more again by asking you to share Icewynd's spreadsheet you re-created?
Here is the uploaded file.

You will however need to recalculate the data from your Lotto DataBase for the FIRST data table for the cells C5:I53 because the data in the table is upto and including draw 2,974. It is the data table Total Drawn For The 6 + Bonus Number Per POSITION.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m6jt6zgw1jam2x5

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB

(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi Jamtrone1,

How did you get on with the program?

Regards,
PAB

(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Jamtrone1

Hi PAB,

Thank you for your kindness. The truth is I delayed to download it now have you ask again if you could repost it for me once more. Today am not going to mess up like I did.

PAB

Hi Jamtrone1,

Jamtrone1 said:
Hi PAB,

Thank you for your kindness. The truth is I delayed to download it now have you ask again if you could repost it for me once more. Today am not going to mess up like I did.
I don't understand what you mean, I haven't deleted the file, it is still there for all to download.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi PAB,

Could you please re-post this file to MediaFire? I have developed an extension to this analysis which I would like to post, but I thought that I would do it as additional tabs on the original file.

I could use my original, but you do make such pretty spreadsheets!

Thanks,
:beer:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Could you please re-post this file to MediaFire? I have developed an extension to this analysis which I would like to post, but I thought that I would do it as additional tabs on the original file.
This sounds interesting!
Here you go:-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m6jt6zgw1jam2x5

Have fun!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏

Icewynd

Expanding "Hits by Position" Analysis

Hi Lotto Lovers,

I have expanded the basic frequency analysis that I completed earlier for the Canadian Lotto 6/49 game.

I was looking at this file one day and I said to myself, "This distribution is all very well and good, but how does the distribution change relative to each different number in the first position?"

All the numbers in a given lotto draw are relative to the first (lowest) number drawn. Since numbers cannot repeat, each subsequent number must be higher than the previous number. Therefore, if the first number is, for example, 19 that means that numbers 1-18 cannot appear.

I decided to re-do the frequency distribution analyis for each of the first positions 1-12. These numbers account for 83% of the first position numbers. These are each on their own tab labelled P1=1 through P1=12.

In adddition, I calculated the skips for each of these first position numbers. This analysis can be viewed on the tab "Skips". This analysis will help you choose which first digits you should include in your combinations.

Hopefully this information will be useful and someone can win a Jackpot!

You can download the file at:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/en03iws72fh40hm/Hits_By_Position_&_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm

Enjoy!
:thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

There is a problem with the file I uploaded, can you take your file down so that it can't be downloaded and I will get back to you in a short while!

Thanks.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

When I downloaded the file I found that there were links to a file called AllNumbers.xls which obviously resides in a foler on your computer, along with a link to files on my computer. It is very strange because I re-downloaded my file that I uploaded yesterday and there were no links to any of my files in there, which is correct, so I am not sure what happened there. Anyway, I have also got rid of the links to your computer and re-uploaded the file and tested it and it now doesn't show that there are any external links from either of us.

If you haven't done so already can you please take down your uploaded file which contains the external links, thank you.

So here is the revised file...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zygl8sl5cw9msd5/Hits_By_Position_%26_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Very strange. I just added the additonal tabs to your original file, so I don't know how those links got in there. Probably when I updated the file to include all current 3064 draws I forgot to 'paste values' and it didn't show up as long as the file was on my computer. I have taken down the file with the external links.

Thanks for looking after the fix. :thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Probably when I updated the file to include all current 3,064 draws I forgot to 'paste values' and it didn't show up as long as the file was on my computer. I have taken down the file with the external links.
That is probably what happened, but no worries.
Thanks for taking down the file, it is appreciated.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi everyone,

Has anyone downloaded the new file?

If so, did you find it useful? Are there any changes that might be helpful?

All feedback is appreciated!

:thumb:

Hi Icewynd,

When I downloaded the file I found that there were links to a file called AllNumbers.xls which obviously resides in a foler on your computer, along with a link to files on my computer. It is very strange because I re-downloaded my file that I uploaded yesterday and there were no links to any of my files in there, which is correct, so I am not sure what happened there. Anyway, I have also got rid of the links to your computer and re-uploaded the file and tested it and it now doesn't show that there are any external links from either of us.

If you haven't done so already can you please take down your uploaded file which contains the external links, thank you.

So here is the revised file...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zygl8sl5cw9msd5/Hits_By_Position_%26_Hits_Relative_to_P1.xlsm

Regards,
PAB

Sorry for necroposting, can you please help me with the password to download the file on the above link

Icewynd

"Necroposting"! Love it!

Alas, the password was lost when PAB departed. He is much missed for all his excellent spreadsheets, Excel help, and keen lotto analysis.

Luckily, I have a copy of this file. You can access it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?9tfbtbmp2321r2w

Enjoy! :thumb:

"Necroposting"! Love it!

Alas, the password was lost when PAB departed. He is much missed for all his excellent spreadsheets, Excel help, and keen lotto analysis.

Luckily, I have a copy of this file. You can access it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?9tfbtbmp2321r2w

Enjoy! :thumb:

Thanks alot Icewynd, have a great day:spiny:

Sidebar