Hits by Position

Icewynd

I have created a spreadsheet that counts the hits by postion for the first 2,974 draws of Canada's Lotto 6/49 (to July 21, 2012). This information should be equally valid for any 6/49 game with one bonus number.

The data are sorted in 3 ways. The first table tells you how many times each number has appeared in the 6 main numbers and as the bonus number.

The second table presents the same data as percentages by position. Here you can see what percent of position totals are accounted for by each number. For example, number 1 accounts for 12% of all first positon numbers and numbers less than 10 appear in the first position 72% of the time.

The third table presents the data as percentages by number. For example, number 48 has 9% of its appearences in the 5th positon, 78% in the 6th position and 13% of its appearences as the bonus number.

Hopefully this information will be of use to someone. You can download the file at
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B68a-JI-D3_pZ3pKd0VhSDVwSjQ

Enjoy :thumb:

Icewynd

It has been brought to my attention that viewers have not been allowed to download this file. :dang:

This has now been corrected and anyone with the link will be allowed to download the file. Sorry if this caused anyone problems.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I managed to look at the three tables online but there is nothing that will allow me to download the file.
I just thought I would let you know.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

savagegoose

i also can view it as text. copy and paste is only way to save it.

if i select share it offers me to submit my email to be allowed to share the spread sheet with the creator.

PAB

Thanks for the reply savagegoose,

I did manage to get the information using COPY & PASTE but for some reason I had to do it one column at a time.
I think the download was probably time limited in some way.
Anyway, I have it now.
Thanks.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi savagegoose,

I downloaded the file and there are no Pivot Table dropdowns which is strange because on my phone there are.
Have you tried downloading it, and if so, is it the same for you?

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

savagegoose said:
hey icy i have some raw data on google spread sheets if its not too much trouble could you run it thru your routine , i like the %'s display.

Sure, Savage. :agree: Might take a day or so, as I am a bit pressed today.

savagegoose

oh hell man take as long as you like. i figured you would prob like to look at these numbers, as the game is biased, and you will notice it as soon as you mash the data.

or if you make a copy and share the copy with me i can mess with it and wont wreck your good work im savagegoose at gmail etc. just an idea

PAB

Originally Posted by Icewynd
I have created a spreadsheet that counts the hits by postion for the first 2,974 draws of Canada's Lotto 6/49 (to July 21, 2012). This information should be equally valid for any 6/49 game with one bonus number.

The data are sorted in 3 ways. The first table tells you how many times each number has appeared in the 6 main numbers and as the bonus number.

The second table presents the same data as percentages by position. Here you can see what percent of position totals are accounted for by each number. For example, number 1 accounts for 12% of all first positon numbers and numbers less than 10 appear in the first position 72% of the time.

The third table presents the data as percentages by number. For example, number 48 has 9% of its appearences in the 5th positon, 78% in the 6th position and 13% of its appearences as the bonus number.
For anyone who is interested, I have re-created and uploaded a file that Icewynd's original post included.
It does give some interesting and useful statistics.
All you need to do is once you have calculated the number of times each number has been drawn in each position and the number of times the Bonus Ball has been drawn for each number is to replace the data in cells C5:I53 with that information.
Although the file is setup specifically for a 649 Lotto with a Bonus Ball you could easily adapt this to fit other Lotto's.

Copy & Paste the following link into your browser and hit enter.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9bbyvi4aizcl5vi

NOTE

This is Icewynd's work and NOT mine, I have just re-created his data because of the difficulty with the original GoogleDocs file.

Have fun!

Regards,
PAB

PAB

You're welcome savagegoose :agree: ,

I hope you find it useful.

Regards,
PAB

savagegoose

here is a pic of my results, i accidently choped off the number 38 , and for life of me cant seem to get the sheet to recalc ther cant be 35 results in colum 3, ohh unless there is an error in the chart like numbers not being in right oprder lol

ill check

savagegoose

PAB said:
Hi savagegoose,

I downloaded the file and there are no Pivot Table dropdowns which is strange because on my phone there are.
Have you tried downloading it, and if so, is it the same for you?

Regards,
PAB

sorry man i dont even know what they are, im a primitive using spreadsheets
i see some awesome stuff made with them and always assume ita suing visual basic cuz i could never manage 95% of the stuff i see,

PAB

Hi savagegoose,

savagegoose said:
here is a pic of my results, i accidently choped off the number 38 , and for life of me cant seem to get the sheet to recalc ther cant be 35 results in colum 3, ohh unless there is an error in the chart like numbers not being in right oprder lol

ill check
I have updated the file so that you only have to change cells C5:I53 and it will NOT give any errors in the other two tables.

Have FUN!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?y8804o2or6fomv9

Regards,
PAB

PAB

For those of you who want to hide zero values in cells C5:I53 follow this procedure that uses a number format in the selected cells.

If the value in one of the selected cells changes to a nonzero value, the format of the value will be similar to the general number format.

(1) Select cells C5:I53.
(2) On the Format menu, click Format Cells, and then click the Number tab.
(3) In the Category list, click Custom.
(4) In the Type box, type:

0;-0;;@

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi everyone,

PLEASE NOTE:

PAB said:
For anyone who is interested, I have re-created and uploaded a file that Icewynd's original post included.
It does give some interesting and useful statistics.
All you need to do is once you have calculated the number of times each number has been drawn in each position and the number of times the Bonus Ball has been drawn for each number is to replace the data in cells C5:I53 with that information.
Although the file is setup specifically for a 649 Lotto with a Bonus Ball you could easily adapt this to fit other Lotto's.

Copy & Paste the following link into your browser and hit enter.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9bbyvi4aizcl5vi

NOTE

This is Icewynd's work and NOT mine, I have just re-created his data because of the difficulty with the original GoogleDocs file.
I have DELETED the above file BUT the updated version can still be downloaded from here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?y8804o2or6fomv9

Have FUN!

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar