Hello everyone from a new member!!!

mabuse

Frank, what's your view on the Thunderball?
It's still only £1 per game, and you'll get £3 for matching the Thunderball only.
So by playing, let's say, 14 tickets with all 14 Thunderballs covered, you'll get at least £3 back, which means that the cost per ticket would be:
£14 stake minus a £3 return (minimum!) equals £11 for 14 tickets, which works out at just over 78 pence per ticket.....just an idea!!!!

Frank

Well I'm not a big spender on lotteries and Thunderball is drawn three times a week , so that would be 3 X 11 = £33 a week net expenditure less any winnings over and above the guaranteed £3 X 3=£9 Thunderball match. The jackpot is capped at £500,000 too, which is not much considering the huge weekly cost.
If you can afford to lose £33 a week and never be a millionaire, then that may be the game for you, but not for me.

I prefer considered targeted betting, aimed at rollovers, with minimum betting on non rollovers, whilst keeping my spending down to about £20 per week maximum. I can afford to lose that, but I still want a chance of winning millions. I'm still doing the UK lotto and occasional Euromillions despite the enormous odds, but only on draws that have a jackpot to odds ratio of greater than 0.5.
For Thunderball that ratio is about 1/16= 0.06. :)

bloubul

Frank

Okay now I understand..... Yes I can play any of your lotteries here in South Africa it's open to me..

BlouBul :cool:

bloubul

Frank

The pay-out is much better than that of the Operator.

For 1 line at the operator is R3.50, and for 3 nrs you get R100.00, but at the bookmaker I get R1000.00 for R1.00. So for me it's better at the bookmakers, you still need the correct nrs either way.

BlouBul :cool:

Frank

Yes I know it's better at the bookmakers. That's the reason it is banned in the UK. The lottery is to raise money for charity, by buying from the operator, not for raising money for bookmakers or punters.:spiny:

mabuse

Hi again, Frank!!!
Am I correct to assume that you'd feel forced to play all the Thunderball draws available if you would go for it?
If that's the case you might not like the Irish Lottery because there are THREE draws each Wednesday and Saturday, giving you a total of 6 draws a week!!!!

Frank

You'd be correct on that one, I would not want to bet that frequently, and it's hard to choose which one(s) to play when playing less. That's why I like rollovers, it makes it easy to select which to bet on and which to buy multiple lines on. The one saving grace of the new lotto format is when they have multiple millionaire raffle draws, which reduces considerably the odds against winning a million. I would choose those draws to play too.

mabuse

Cheers, Frank!!! I can see where you're coming from!!
On that note: I just remembered a little story which happened to my brother:
Now: He's one who doesn't wanna know about wheels, strategies, odds, etc. He only plays 4 lines a week, the same lines every week and that's it....
About two years ago he forgot to take his playslip from his desk drawer at work, so he decided to go for just one Lucky Dip.....his lack of interest in number picking went even so far that he couldn't remember his regular numers, so the Lucky Dip was his way to go......
Guess what!!!!!! He had FIVE NUMBERS CORRECT, the soppy git!!!!!!
Won £2,500!!!!!! Was he happy about it???!!! NO!!!!!!!! He was constantly moaning about the one number he missed by just two digits!!!!!
"ONE MORE NUMBER!!!! ONE MORE NUMBER!!!!!!" He kept going on about it, moaning about it, almost bashing his head against the proverbial brick wall about it!!!! Well.... you can never please them all, can you?!:rolling:

Sidebar