Hello everyone from a new member!!!

mabuse

A big "HELLO" to all you fellow lottery enthusiasts!
I've been browsing this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to get myself registered.
This is a great place with lots of info and "tricks" about lotteries!!!
I do look forward to discover new ways of improving bets and winnings.

mabuse

Teufellj

Hi again, mabuse...

Have you found your way around more or less? If you get lost, sos call will

get one of us to you. I know that you mentioned "sitting on the fringe and

observing, that was good thinking. Now you have the tools to ask and to do

this thing you will have to go into the various forums of your choice. Ask

away. It doesn't matter where you land you will get an answer!

Teufellj... :)

mabuse

Hi Icewynd and Teufellj!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Me being based in the UK play the Irish Lottery, 6/47, at the bookmakers ONLY!
I'm using a 47,6,2,2 wheel, 82 tickets a week, and had some decent returns in the past!!
Considering that you don't have to share your prize, with the exception of the jackpot, the payouts speak for themselves:
For £1 a ticket you'll get:
£20 for 3 correct
£150 for 4 correct
£3000 for 5 correct
£200,000 for 5+bonus
£1million jackpot for all 6 numbers, the only prize that needs to be shared should someone else win as well.
The odds to payout ratio on all the other lotteries I know is, frankly, DIABOLICALLY BAD!!!

Teufellj

Hello mabuse,

Hello mabuse,

Inherently, I stay away from large lottery's. Though the payouts are wonderful if you are hurting or strapped for cash and win whatever is left. We here in the USA, have a trend going for a long time, playing the lesser games just to have a little freedom and for me, the challenge. If you are not
into say any three or four ball games-I like you- wouldn't believe just how hard it is to out fox our lottery commissions and their lottery analysts.
Be that as it may, I am up to the challenges and dare those people, period!
Don't depend 100% on any formula that you pay for- You and I have a brain let's use it!

Later mabuse,

Teufellj... :smokin:

Last edited:

mabuse

Thanks for your input and thoughts, Teufellj!!!
You're right, it is, as we all know, a very difficult task to get more than just 4 numbers correct on any of the big lotteries. I've been quite lucky though in the past! Just had my 4th 4-number correct within the last 7 weeks!
I've even reached a point where I no longer see anything less than a 4-match as something worth mentioning!
OK...spending £82 a week on the lottery sounds quite a lot....but it's not something I have to worry about...

Icewynd

20 pounds for matching 3 in a 6/47?????:eek: :eek:

I'm moving to Dublin! Plus, I hear you have some seriously good pubs there.

It just shows what a rip off the government lotteries are when the bookies can pay out a prize like that and still make a profit.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

mabuse

Icewynd!!!! Please put your overseas move on hold!!!!
You're moving to the WRONG country!!!!!
The actual Irish Lottery, as played in Ireland, hasn't got the best payouts....which is typical for a state lottery!!!
I play the Irish lottery in the UK via a bookmaker!!!!!
This means that the bet is with the bookmaker, who does the payouts in the event of a win, NOT the Irish Lottery Commission!
As for pubs: English pubs are just as nice... just this god-damned smoking ban is doing my head in!

Good luck to you, too!!!:beer:

Frank

Hi Mabuse, and welcome to the forum. Like you, I'm a Uk player and whilst aware of the possible advantages of using a bookmaker and doing the Irish lotto, I have resisted up to now. The change to 6/59 in the UK lotto has made me stop to consider other options. Am I right in saying that the minimum stake at a bookmaker is less than £1, giving more opportunities to find matches by betting on more lines? Lower stake equals lower prize money, but a win is a win. :)

bloubul

Frank

I do not know why you are against the bookmakers. This is the odds I get from my bookmaker.

1 Number 8/1
2 Numbers 80/1
3 Numbers 750/1
4 Numbers 10000/1
Predict Power Ball 18/1
Bonus Ball Single # 1/1
Cross Double 170/1
Double Cross Double 1600/1
Treble Cross Double 14000/1

BlouBul :cool:

bloubul

Frank

I do not know why you are against the bookmakers. This is the odds I get from my bookmaker.

1 Number 8/1
2 Numbers 80/1
3 Numbers 750/1
4 Numbers 10000/1
Predict Power Ball 18/1
Bonus Ball Single # 1/1
Cross Double 170/1

mabuse

Frank said:
Am I right in saying that the minimum stake at a bookmaker is less than £1, giving more opportunities to find matches by betting on more lines? Lower stake equals lower prize money, but a win is a win. :)
Hi Frank!
There are different ways of playing the Irish Lottery at the bookies!!
The one I do, a "classic" 6 from 47, is a standard £1 per line game. Another version would be to pick just 1/match1, 2/match2, 3/match3, 4/match4 etc. But you'd need all numbers correct to win! So if you go for a pick5 and only match 3 or 4 you get nothing!!! On the pro-side you can opt for the seven number draw where the bonus ball counts like all the others, but with reduced odds/payouts....those games start at only 25 Pence per line, and you could go completely mad by staking a whopping £10 per single line!!!!!

So the choice is yours!!! Good luck!!!:beer:

Forgot to mention!!!!
The same kind of games can also be played with the twice-daily 49s-draw....maybe this might suit you better!

mabuse

bloubul said:
This is the odds I get from my bookmaker.

1 Number 8/1
2 Numbers 80/1
3 Numbers 750/1
4 Numbers 10000/1
Predict Power Ball 18/1
Bonus Ball Single # 1/1
Cross Double 170/1

Hi, BlouBul!!!
Sonds like a good one!!
To what kind of draw do these odd apply? I.e: How many numbers are drawn from how big a pool?

bloubul

Hi mabuse

It's available on any 6/49 Lottery and on any PowerBall 5/45 with a 1/20 pb any where in the world.
Thus I find it strange that Frank is scared.

Frank

Bloubul,what on earth gave you the idea that I " was scared" of using a bookmaker? I use them occasionally for bets on horse racing. All I said was that I resisted the temptation to bet there on lotteries up to now. The main reason I resisted was that it was the wrong lottery - the Irish Lotto, my expertise and statistics were for the UK lottery, which you can not bet on at a bookmakers. It made sense to bet on the UK lottery as that was the lottery I knew best. Now the UK lottery has changed to 6/59 everything has changed, there will be no valid statistics for years so my options are open to other lotteries. Please do not read more into my posts than I have actually written.

Thanks.

Frank

mabuse said:
Hi Frank!
There are different ways of playing the Irish Lottery at the bookies!!
The one I do, a "classic" 6 from 47, is a standard £1 per line game. Another version would be to pick just 1/match1, 2/match2, 3/match3, 4/match4 etc. But you'd need all numbers correct to win! So if you go for a pick5 and only match 3 or 4 you get nothing!!! On the pro-side you can opt for the seven number draw where the bonus ball counts like all the others, but with reduced odds/payouts....those games start at only 25 Pence per line, and you could go completely mad by staking a whopping £10 per single line!!!!!

So the choice is yours!!! Good luck!!!:beer:

Forgot to mention!!!!
The same kind of games can also be played with the twice-daily 49s-draw....maybe this might suit you better!

Thanks for the info, Mabuse, yes I am well aware of 49's, we used to discuss that lottery in another forum I was a member of, I will give it some thought.

bloubul

Frank said:
Bloubul,what on earth gave you the idea that I " was scared" of using a bookmaker? I use them occasionally for bets on horse racing. All I said was that I resisted the temptation to bet there on lotteries up to now. The main reason I resisted was that it was the wrong lottery - the Irish Lotto, my expertise and statistics were for the UK lottery, which you can not bet on at a bookmakers. It made sense to bet on the UK lottery as that was the lottery I knew best. Now the UK lottery has changed to 6/59 everything has changed, there will be no valid statistics for years so my options are open to other lotteries. Please do not read more into my posts than I have actually written.

Thanks.

I can play any lottery or PowerBall any where in the world.... Thus I do not understand.
Horse Racing.... Now you are talking....

Frank

Bloubul, can you play your own national lottery in a bookmakers? In the UK it is not permitted to play the UK lottery in a bookmakers, it is illegal. Now do you understand?

mabuse

Frank said:
In the UK it is not permitted to play the UK lottery in a bookmakers, it is illegal
BLIMEY:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!
I never knew that!!! Well, this could be the reason for the 49s draw: Their own "National Lottery".

Sidebar