Appears I'm not the only one :dang:

I applied the latest hotfixes today and had a problem with
823803 (confirmed by removing). The point-to-point
protocol module would not load. Details -
7/27/03 11:54:12 AM Service Control Manager Error
None 7023 N/A KS02NT4SRV The Remote
Access Connection Manager service terminated with the
following error:
The specified module could not be found.
7/27/03 11:54:12 AM RemoteAccess Error None
20067 N/A KS02NT4SRV Remote Access
Connection Manager failed to start because the Point to
Point Protocol failed to initialize.
7/27/03 11:54:12 AM RemoteAccess Error None
20074 N/A KS02NT4SRV Point to Point
Protocol engine was unable to load the module.
7/27/03 11:50:23 AM Service Control Manager Error
None 7001 N/A KS02NT4SRV The Remote
Access Autodial Manager service depends on the Remote
Access Connection Manager service which failed to start
because of the following error:
7/27/03 11:50:23 AM Service Control Manager Error
None 7023 N/A KS02NT4SRV The Remote
Access Connection Manager service terminated with the
following error:
7/27/03 11:50:23 AM RemoteAccess Error None
20067 N/A KS02NT4SRV Remote Access
Connection Manager failed to start because the Point to
Point Protocol failed to initialize.
7/27/03 11:50:23 AM RemoteAccess Error None
20074 N/A KS02NT4SRV Point to Point
Protocol engine was unable to load the module.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Note: only shows if RAS enabled.

Last edited:
NT was a flop from the beguinning....Always troubles with it...I am running on Linux on one of my machine..And to say the least it is more stable... I'm going to have a new machine soon..and I'm going to install Linux in it too...
:agree:

Beaker

everything out of that company is crap. Problem now is they have f&*ked a perfectly good running machine, allowed it to be vulnerable and won't fix an unsupported OS

Bunch of clowns :clown: :dang: :rolleyes:

thornc

Come on Dennis, NT was a fine operating system... the problem with it for most people was is lack of Plug&Pray stuff (pune intended)!

So you had to be carefull with the hardware you run it in, other than that there's was nothing wrong with it, except having been created by M$!

There days, here at work I'm stuck with XP and many times I miss my slick NT workstation back at my old job that with slower processor was alot faster than this one!!!

Problem is as Beaker points out that M$ stopped supporting it, so all those new patchs and software will eventually break it because they aren't being tested for it anymore!!

Well....A fine tool not supported....is the worst thingy to put in any machine...And besides...plug and play is a way of life these days...NT=failure to me...And the numerous post on this board complaining about troubles with it just tells me that.... :heul:

Beaker

Just doing some research into this problem trying to find a workaround. Apparently started a week ago when M$ identified a critical security risk with NT. People started to have this problem with RAS after the latest "fix" was applied.

Funny, support for NT workstation ended June 30th :dang:

How can they issue a patch for an OS, not test it and then when it fails claim the OS is unsupported? :dizzy:

Boggles the mind :dizzy:

Alot of companies still run NT deskside and on the server-side - good luck. :rolleyes:

gsobier

Beaker:

How do you spell relief, IBM:lol:.

Regards,
George:)
Beaker said:
everything out of that company is crap. Problem now is they have f&*ked a perfectly good running machine, allowed it to be vulnerable and won't fix an unsupported OS

Bunch of clowns :clown: :dang: :rolleyes:

Beaker

gsobier said:
Beaker:

How do you spell relief, IBM:lol:.

Regards,
Pretty hard to run MVS on my PC :lol:

Thankfully M$ has a patch for this f*&k up but only for their paying customers. Lots of problems reported. I mentioned people still run NT on their servers and as I suspected some of these servers run MS Exchange which was toasted with this 'security patch' Imagine if you will, some CEO calling his CIO saying he can't email his dinner invitations to his wife - true story - happened to me once. :rolleyes:

gsobier

Beaker:

I was thinking about OS/2 more. IBM decided to stop development and marketing, a real shame:no:.

:lol:I wouldn't wish the curse on anyone to run MVS:lol:.

Regards,
Beaker said:
Pretty hard to run MVS on my PC :lol:

Thankfully M$ has a patch for this f*&k up but only for their paying customers. Lots of problems reported. I mentioned people still run NT on their servers and as I suspected some of these servers run MS Exchange which was toasted with this 'security patch' Imagine if you will, some CEO calling his CIO saying he can't email his dinner invitations to his wife - true story - happened to me once. :rolleyes:

Sidebar