A troubled world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwoods99

Re: Re: A POLITE CORRECTION

Dennis Bassboss said:
Furthermore ...The province of Québec is where minorities are the best treated in all Canada or even in the entire world...If only the other provinces could follow that footstep...
As long as you speak French :eek: Otherwise you will get some nasty looks, and possible comments, especially in the East end of Montreal.

I am not bashing anyone, since my comments are from pure experience. I am bilingual, so the problem was with others with me who did not speak French. I have lived in Montreal for 20 years, including up to 1980, 1993-1997.

When I lived in Montreal, I defended English Canada against ignorant french quebecers, including some relatives. And when I lived in Toronto or Calgary (or visiting Vancouver), I found myself defending French Canadians against ignorant english non-quebecers. The funny thing was that the most ignorant of them all were the ones in Quebec that never left the province, or the English who have never been to Quebec. :sick:

I JUST HOPE THAT IN ALL THE DISRUPTION THAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD RIGHT NOW ...THAT WE DON'T FORGET ,OR OVER LOOK ONE THING...................

BIN LADEN...... :worry: :worry: :worry:

MAY THE FORUM BE PEACEFUL!!!!! :look: :

thornc

Re: RIGHT ON BRADO

ComboManiac said:
The equation of this discovery is 19 x 76 = 1444

Just did a quick check, 1444 history:
The Azores islands are populated,
The "Cabo Verde" islands are "discovered",
Some bishop is promoted to cardinal,
First Slave Market in Portugal,
Military Expedition of Portugueese Soldiers to help Sevilla,
etc

But nothing relevant to your case,
Portugal has worldwide recorded history of events since the 14/15th century, but I couldn't find anything extraordinary about this year!

1444 = 2022 A.D.

Conversion of 1444 is 2022 A.D.
Toward end of March 2022 IT WILL HAPPEN......Have nothin' to do with Portugal at all..
Nowadays events are RELATED to the above mentioned Event...
And like they say what matters most is WHO IS GONNA HAVE THE LAST LAUGH.......:lol: :lol2: :bounce:

Re: Re: Re: A POLITE CORRECTION

dwoods99 said:
As long as you speak French :eek: Otherwise you will get some nasty looks, and possible comments, especially in the East end of Montreal.

I am not bashing anyone, since my comments are from pure experience. I am bilingual, so the problem was with others with me who did not speak French. I have lived in Montreal for 20 years, including up to 1980, 1993-1997.

When I lived in Montreal, I defended English Canada against ignorant french quebecers, including some relatives. And when I lived in Toronto or Calgary (or visiting Vancouver), I found myself defending French Canadians against ignorant english non-quebecers. The funny thing was that the most ignorant of them all were the ones in Quebec that never left the province, or the English who have never been to Quebec. :sick:
It is obvious to me that you have never put a foot in Montreal or you are not talking about the same city....First allmost everebody's talking English....The English people in Québec province are the only minority that has everything in their own language..The institutions.... Schools,Hospitals,politics,laws...etc. and nobody's debating this....Many often speak in English in Montreal just because the people are talking in English...You can come and visit the whole city and never have to speak a word in French..I don't think that a french canadian can speak his own language all the way doing a tour of any city in Canada!
But the french people do not complaint about this at all they fully realize that they are surrounded by English as far as they look...
It is a myth that French people do not like English people!
As a native, I get along very well with both English people or French people...But don't tell lies about any of these two groups...Because native people could be the one that have much more to claim and this throuhout Canada and the U.S.A. also...

peter

I think it is a great thing that on a lotto forum board we have the opportunity to discuss issues other than lotto. My preferance is to only discuss lotto with some of the great players here.
However, to add my two cents worth on this English vs French thing. As Dennis knows from previous discussions, I have been to Quebec, and Montreal. Montreal is a very beautiful city, filled with warm people.
Being a westerner, I was a bit apprehensive my first trip to Montreal, all of my fears were put at ease from the time I arrived, until I left, the people were very warm, freindly, and curtious.
On the other hand, when I was in Toronto, I meet some real jerks, but none the less, I also meet some real nice folks there too!
Come out west, and you will receive real warm western hospitality, but you may also find some real redneck jerks here too. As Dennis said, " you will find good and bad no matter where you go"
So lets all just end this petty bigoring, and try and get along with each other.
NOW!!!!! can we please get back to talking about the lottery.
THANK-YOU, regards,

Peter,

gene1956

Brad said:
He wrote the classic book '1948' ... phrase 'Big Brother is watching you', is from that book, movie came later (classic too), you can get it on video ...

Did I get the right year?

Sorry Brad :'Nineteen Eighty-Four' was first published in 1949 at the height of the communist terror.
Not that anybody cared enough to do something about it.

Brad

Gene,

I did live in a communist country for 14 yrs, so I do have an insight to say the least, I'm not prepared to discuss that on this web site however. One the Forum's strengths lies the variety of people that frequent it. All have different backrounds, experiences, beliefs, etc., but most are drawn here by one common element, the challenge of beating the lotto odds. Now if we all concentrate on that maybe we can transcend any differences in politics, religion and whatever else.

This whole thing about '1984/1948' started as a guessing game, joke, call it what ever you will. Can't say I like the turn the thread has taken, others have expressed the same opinion. I feel it's time to put it to rest, hope you understand ... no disrespect meant to you,

Cheers

JoJo

ANYTHING GOES MEANS EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS.

I ALSO THINK IT'S TIME TO PUT THIS TOPIC TO REST FOR GOOD.EVERYONE HERE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION AND IF IT UPSETS ANYONE TO READ THE WRITE UPS GO TO ANOTHER FORUM.I AM GOING BACK TO READING ALL THE #PICKS FOR WED. BY THE MEMBERS.
AMEN.

PEACE :wavey:

LT

Administrator
as per members advice, I'll put this thread to a close with a thank you to all for all of your various experiences and perspective sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidebar