6/49 Discussion For August 23, 2003

FatFreddy said:
The reason I chose the Fred Flintstone avatar is simply because folks have referred to me as either "Fred" or "Flintstone" for about 17 years (the nick originated shortly after I completed basic training). As the years and the waistline have increased, some folks have added "Fat" to the nick. Coming from friends, I do not take it as a slight, and I am not so full of myself that I cannot laugh at my own quirks and foibles.

I hope the guy changes his avator as a courtesy

Funny,... where I come from, words like 'please' and 'thank-you' are used when one wishes to make a courteous request.

Perhaps, with a name of Peter, you might explain why that avatar is so important to you that you risk offending a stranger to stake your claim to a cartoon character?

Not that your unfriendly behavior makes you unique on this board, but the next time you perceive that someone may be peeing in your cornflakes, you might try taking a few steps backwards to widen your perspective. Speaking from personal experience: I've found backing-up at the appropriate time greatly reduces the risk of inserting my foot betwixt my chompers.
Peter ask LT to have your own custom Avatar and these kinds of posts won't happen again....
Fat Freddy I don't think that Peter had any bad intentions here :no: and he was first to have this avatar...

No hard emotional feelings please!:no:

FatFreddy said:
The reason I chose the Fred Flintstone avatar is simply because folks have referred to me as either "Fred" or "Flintstone" for about 17 years (the nick originated shortly after I completed basic training). As the years and the waistline have increased, some folks have added "Fat" to the nick. Coming from friends, I do not take it as a slight, and I am not so full of myself that I cannot laugh at my own quirks and foibles.

Funny,... where I come from, words like 'please' and 'thank-you' are used when one wishes to make a courteous request.

Perhaps, with a name of Peter, you might explain why that avatar is so important to you that you risk offending a stranger to stake your claim to a cartoon character?

Not that your unfriendly behavior makes you unique on this board, but the next time you perceive that someone may be peeing in your cornflakes, you might try taking a few steps backwards to widen your perspective. Speaking from personal experience: I've found backing-up at the appropriate time greatly reduces the risk of inserting my foot betwixt my chompers.

I HATE URINE IN MY CORNFLAKES...IT REMINDS ME OF WATCHING MY WIFES CATS IN THE LITTER BOXS
I THINK RESPECT TO PETER,IS CALLED FOR HERE.....ONCE YOU GET TO KNOW HIM..YOU'LL LOVE HIM..... :agree: :kiss:
WELCOME ABOARD FATS.....ENJOY!!!!!!!

OKAY...IT IS A SMALL SPELLING ERROR...DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME...IT HAS BEEN A VERY LONG WEEK....

THE HONEY DO LIST WAS BIGGER THAN I EXPECTED..... :bawl: :bawl: :(

peter

FatFreddy said:

Thank you Fat Freddy for your kind reply, first off, I did not think that I was rude, secondly, I don't think, I need to explain to you why I choose this avator, it should suffice to you I choose it long before your arrival here, thirdly, I feel no need to take a step back to un insert my foot from my mouth.
Having said all that, now that I am aware, you are so sensitive, I will tread ever so carefully in your presence.
P.S. your military type disciplinarian tone will not bode you well in this forum, you may land on a few ignore lists.

I best thank-you, and wish you a pleasent day.:smokin:

peter

FatFreddy said:

Not that your unfriendly behavior makes you unique on this board, but the next time you perceive that someone may be peeing in your cornflakes,
Unfriendly behaviour????.... Buddy! take a pill! you seem to be under way to much stress, and further more, I don't eat cornflakes, I prefer frosted flakes.:p:

hot4

Dennis Bassboss said:
What you mean is ....they come ...they do a show...and poof they are gone....maybe they have not much to say...but anyway we don't really need that kind over here.... we already have plenty of that already...Anyway I welcome them all once ...two...three...or more if needed.. :agree: :lol:

But that is the best for some of you going on functioning as a group.

You don't accept newbies with different opinions or different strategies.

For some senior members, it's easier to tell a newbie that he has no credibility here than to understand his different ideas.

I'm speaking with my experience.

I've replied to you, telling you had no intelligible arguments to confront my strategy as you did, and where is your answer?

You are an affective group and the group allows someone to enter only to flirt.

You don't understand why so many people registered this forum and only a few go on talking.

It's easier to say that newbies are guilty.

The show must go on. You must not change your behaviour, namely those guys to whom others gave the leadership.

Frank

thornc

This is starting to look like some old(or not so old!?) usenet discussions......

Frank, I've been here for some time now and I can tell you that you're not entirely correct. It's true that the people may seem a bit "hostile"(I lack a better english word) for new people, but once you get passed that first tension encounters all settles and you'll find that most of the senior members are very nice people with very different ideas and oppinions about this stuff. They may clash sometimes, but who doesn't?

One thing is certain, I prefer this gang here to most of the others I've seen, usenet included!!

E com disse alguem nosso conhecido, é preciso é ter calma e não dar o corpo pela alma.

hot4

thornc said:
This is starting to look like some old(or not so old!?) usenet discussions......

Frank, I've been here for some time now and I can tell you that you're not entirely correct. It's true that the people may seem a bit "hostile"(I lack a better english word) for new people, but once you get passed that first tension encounters all settles and you'll find that most of the senior members are very nice people with very different ideas and oppinions about this stuff. They may clash sometimes, but who doesn't?

One thing is certain, I prefer this gang here to most of the others I've seen, usenet included!!

E com disse alguem nosso conhecido, é preciso é ter calma e não dar o corpo pela alma.

Thanks thornc,

your experience is important really. Have you been confronted as I have been?

If you are aware of what happened, don't you think there was no logical arguments to call my strategy as a joke. Don't you think that, before I go on freely in this forum, I deserve an explanation, an answer?

These are only rethoric questions thornc; do not think I want your public judgement about this problem. I'm only showing to you, my actual ideas.

Um abraço,

Frank

peter

Frank, the fact that you are still posting here, is a good thing, If you felt some hostilities here by however, that is unfortunate.
Your contributions are most welcomed, as are anyone else's.
We here are not all experts, but we share the knowledge we have aquired. Perhaps I missed your strategy.For the benefit of the board, plse post your thoughts, and prepare your self for some discussion. It would be nice if what ever negative impressions you have received could be "water under the bridge"
I hope you understand this expression. Let us all start new! Let me welcome you here, and I look forward to your thoughts, ideas, and comments.:agree2: :wavey:

thornc

Frank,

I would suggest you start a thread in the strategies forum and discuss your stuff.

E já agora, como em todo o lado os que pensam que são estrelas são os mais dificeis de convencer! Eu tb tive alguns pequenos problemas no inicio... é usares o search para ver os meus primeiros topicos!

Another Idea would be for you to continue posting your results for the Can 6/49 and show the merit of your ideias... that's what the situation is all about: merit and results!!

Sheba

Floris said:
... 28 and 43 have been on my list for too long
i hope they come soon

:confused:

Hi guys
sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Floris and im pretty new to these forums

Hi Floris...
enjoy the forum...
Post some piks for Dec 31,

SHeba...:dog:

Sidebar