Why pick numbers?

Florie

Why pick and analyze numbers. Let's go to Thailand.

Found this article, copied to share with you.

Buddhist Monk Accused of Predicting Winning Lottery Numbers

Bangkok- Authorities in Thailand have charged a Buddhist monk believed to have accurately picked winning lottery numbers by violating clerical codes. The monk, Phra Khun Sangharak, allegedly made correct predictions in eleven straight draws. Senior monks in Thailand fear that his alleged activities will harm the image of Buddhism. Sangharak, who faces possible expulsion from his temple, has denied any involvement.

Rebeckah

prophecy is a gift of the Spirit.. It may not always be used in the best of ways. How sad if they kick him out for momentarily falling on his path. Wouldn't it be better to just help him re-enter the *fold*? Besides, it didn't say that he bought tickets, just that he predicted the #s. You know a religon is in trouble when they care more about their *image* than actually helping their devotees.

And besides, the lotto winnings would help their religon help others. I bet if he won they would make him give all the winnings to his temple anyway. & Poverty is NOT spiritual!!!! If it was, then heaven would be a field of dirt.
:teach: alrighty, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Randal

Okay people, it has been decided.. Randal must do what's best for this board and man-kind. Time to kidnap me some monks!

Randal

Well it's impossible to distinguish all of them... They're all bald, fat and wearing orange robes. So, I'll just steal em ALL!

Godload

Cash is King! Long live the Almighty Dollar! Expedition C-Note!

If I were that monk take the money and run. Build your own temple if he wants. Or better yet Wine Wisky and Women!

Toni

question to Peter.....

somone told me a huge fire burnt alot of buildings in Old Strathcona, is it true? asking you becuase you are in Edmonton and you would know.

peter

You heard correctly Toni, it happened about 6 weeks ago, the fire started by an electrical short at the pancake shop, several shops were burn't to the ground. Those buildings were over 50 years old, nothing was saved, about 5 million in damage.
That part of old Strathcona, on Whyte Ave. is a real busy place, nights and weekends. We used to go to the farmers market on Saturdays about a block away, but I have not been down there to see the damage.

Maggie

Wow, that's terrible. I spent a week in and around Edmonton last summer and we walked through that area, alot of history there.
Will it be rebuilt, Peter? I thought Edmonton was a beautiful city and I'd love to go back. (yes, I loved the mall, too. ) :D

daleks

apparently the fleet of submarines at the mall is larger than that commissioned by the canadian navy........

peter

Maggie said:
Wow, that's terrible. I spent a week in and around Edmonton last summer and we walked through that area, alot of history there.
Will it be rebuilt, Peter? I thought Edmonton was a beautiful city and I'd love to go back. (yes, I loved the mall, too. ) :D
Yes Maggie, they are planning to rebuild, lots to see and do here, visit Fort Edmonton Park.
During the summer we have several festivals, the folkfest,fringefest,klondyke days,heritage days,a taste of edmonton,street performers festival,jazz fest, all we do here in Edmonton in the summer is eat drink and party, oh I forgot we also have the country jamboree, top name country stars performing at one location over 3 days.:party2: :tuut: :chug: :bounce2:
And of course our world famous mall and we do have Canada's largeset fleet of submarines, and yes these submarines are fully capable of travel in the ocean, they were tested off of Vancouver

Maggie

Visited Fort Edmonton Park, too, Peter. Word of advice to anyone going, wear walking shoes. ( sandals are a definite NO NO )
We got to Edmonton on the last day of Klondike Days, so missed that. Spent some time in Jasper, too. I envy anyone who has that mountain view every day, if I were younger, I know where I'd be headed.
:agree:

peter

Maggie, your so right , If visiting Fort Edmonton Park you must have proper footwear, If your a history buff, it's a great place, you can spend all day there. I'm glad you enjoyed Jasper, it's only a 3 hour drive from Edmonton, Banff which is 4 hour drive is also very pretty, you must go through Calgary to get to Banff. As great of a rivalry as there is between Edmonton and Calgary, Calgary is a pretty city as well. If coming out this way again plse let me know, us westerners know how to show western hospitality, and we'd love to see ya' here. That goes for all of you! :liplick: :yes: :xeyed:
To describe the rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary, for you easterners, it's like Toronto vs. Hamilton, or Dallas vs Houston

peter

Maggie,I see your from London Ont. I was there about 20 years ago, landed at the airport, it was early fall (Sept) and went to a small hotel/ resort called "Ben Millar" have pictures, a very lovely place.:wavey:

Maggie

Was this the Benmiller Inn near Goderich? It's about an hour drive from London. It is a very nice spot for sure, not far from Lake Huron.

charles2

I used to live just outside Jasper Alberta when my company sent me out there from toronto to work for 3 years, it was a sweet deal they paid for all my HUGE chalet, meals car etc and i skied & Mountain biked nearly every day at Marmont basin which drew a alot people from Edmonton since calgary had lake Louise Banff etc, though i skied them all and YES if i won the lotto jackpot i would FOR SURE have a chalet in jasper again = loved that town so uncommercial unlike Banff in the late 80's at least... LUV THE MOUNTAINS )))) :agree:

Sidebar