Why aren't lotteries televised any longer?

CN is

I thought CN49 is televised on CTV !!! Did they stop that ?
BC49 is computerized one so there is no need to do that..
S7 I don't know , maybe they do it back East ?

blingy

I live in BC and they haven't televised a live lotto drawing since...well i can't remember but it was around 1992?!

The drawings have always taken place out east which never made sense either because the drawings were made 9.49 est!!!?

I bet it was pre-recorded. lotto is rigged...what do you think

Beaker

blingy said:
I live in BC and they haven't televised a live lotto drawing since...well i can't remember but it was around 1992?!

The drawings have always taken place out east which never made sense either because the drawings were made 9.49 est!!!?

I bet it was pre-recorded. lotto is rigged...what do you think
draws are taped and televised at 11:00 pm est here.

Rigged? I seriously doubt it :dang: - maybe the computerized draws :agree:

Irvin

THey should treat the lotto draw like a 30 second add.

I very rarely watch the draws......Imagine the worst program you have watched multiply the crap rating a few more times and then you will get an idea of the televised draws.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate televised lotto draws -10 (minus 10).

Beaker

Irvin said:
THey should treat the lotto draw like a 30 second add.

I very rarely watch the draws......Imagine the worst program you have watched multiply the crap rating a few more times and then you will get an idea of the televised draws.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate televised lotto draws -10 (minus 10).
Agreed :agree: BUT it's not about ratings its about "lotto transparency"

Obviously, if this is seen in any way to be rigged, that $15 mill/draw will be gone. :flush:

Don't know what the cost/rating point is in NZ but that 10sec spot would be worth a fortune if there was a problem ;)

system13

In Croatia draws are televised live and open to the public in studio, and although I don't watch them myself, I'm glad that at least on that part our lottery is transparent.

What they do behind the scene before the drawing actually takes place, well, that's another story/gossip. ;)

powerball

I have seen the taped draws of Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Super 7. I hate it when the hostess says, "Let's get right to the winning numbers RIGHT NOW," but then always says "But FIRST" let's do something else before going right to the winning numbers! :mad:

Sidebar