Where were you when the lights went out!!!

Put all your answers here....
But I must share this one first....
It must have happenned...A 6/49 slip stuck in the machine at the store.... :confused: ...or worse no quick picks availables....
And Do the machines used for the draws works on electricity???
Because the draws are always held in Toronto...And this city is pitch black...
(Can't tell why that is (always held in Toronto):rolleyes: ....Every province should have its turn this would re-inforce Canadian unity for sure...)
Maybe they are buying this like they bought the world series a few times...Anyway....Lets hope that it will not affect the draws too much...
:lol:

Last edited:

Brad

I was just outside my house watching a forest fire not more than 5km from here ... half way up an 8,000 ft mt ... was 'put' out few days ago, flared up again ...

Black out in the east, fires in the west ... mad cow in the middle ... lovely summer we're having, eh? :rolleyes:

Maggie

I was just leaving the office when the power went out shortly after 4. Everything closed up pretty quickly, the malls, gas stations, restaurants. Kind of a weird feeling, it was. It wasn't like when your hydro goes out because of a storm, it was different. Glad to be back. :)

Don't worry Maggie they might have to cut your power in and out a few times before all their systems are o.k. ....
We are lucky here it is business as usual....No power failure what so ever....and it won't happen too....
I know that hydro-Québec ask their neibourgh to help them...no response from them yet...you have to realize one thing here...Hydro Québec is everything but cheap when exporting electricity....If only the lotto-Québec site :dang: could be as reliable as them...
:agree:

You should thank god that this is not happening in January :cold: at minus -30 degree....And does Québec knows about that....
I don't think that I will see such a severe ice storm in my life time...
:sick:

Maggie

We have no newspaper this morning, but the radio just said parts of London were still without power and for the next 12 hours to expect some brown-outs before things are back to normal again. Unfortunately, my company has back up power, so it's off to work for me this morning. :sick:

I hate to think what it would be like if this happened in January. :eek: BRRR!! :cold:

Irvin

Where was I when the lights went out?

I was watching the whole thing on TV while eating my breakfast.

I was thinking you guys will get a 3 day weekend out of this.

Then I realised it was Thursday afternoon for you guys.

We had a problem like this in Auckland, NZ a few years back Power was out for a few days in some areas.

Reason for the fault?
Very hot weather and excessive power usage.

Cables were barely coping until we had a mini heatwave.

You never know this might be what caused the fault there.

I cant see a bolt of lightning or whatever doing that much damage.

daleks

....in the middle of johnstone straight, near texada island, on a fishing boat - a packer - eating really good food, enjoying the almost full moon, and telling stories with the first engineer.......didn't hear about the outage until just now, a few hours ago, and went....like,......so what.........and went home and turned on the propane and oil and solar and stoked up the stove........all depends where you wanna live, the **** you gotta put up with.....me, i like being in control of my own food and water supply,and the beer stays a nice temperature of 53 degrees in the root cellar..............:beer: ..........corona, tonight...

......hey, the site edited out a four letter word meaning human waste and replaced it with asteriks......like, what's up with that....i'm a grown up already and certainly don't need censorship..................

this will be my last post on this site, and i will attempt to remove my membership......been nice to be here, but i outgrew kindergarden a long, long time ago...............

good luck to all...................................peter w.

daleks

the asteriks in the message i posted above appeared as soon as i submitted the post.......must be a list buried somewhere searching for the "wrong" word.....and that sort of thing is more dangerous than simply allowing the word to be printed....

daleks said:
the asteriks in the message i posted above appeared as soon as i submitted the post.......must be a list buried somewhere searching for the "wrong" word.....and that sort of thing is more dangerous than simply allowing the word to be printed....
Sometimes ...Posts are badly written(in my case it happenned at times) or/and badly understood by the people that are reading them....Permitting these words would simply amplified that problem in my view...Besides I don't think that these illicits words would improve our various lotto games...
I admire LT for not providing these words here...It shows that LT is respecting us...All of us....I would quit the site if I started seeing these words...It has nothing to do with being adult or not...They are inadmissibles in both case...
And besides who really needs these words to express their opinions here???
:confused:

Sidebar