what I find out about terminal which valid ticket...

Arthemis

Hi all

I need to know if u ppls find the same behavior regarding the terminal which valid ticket.

when ever I pass a ticket, that later I find out it is a winning one (at least 3 num) the terminal printing it much more slowly, than a none winning ticket, and this fact happens always when played the day of the draw. The diff are only few secs but it is a fact.

What does that mean ? Big question...

thanks for your feedback on this one..

daleks

hello

this might be considered a buffer problem.......please, try this..

on the morning following a toto sports draw, be the first in line at 6 a.m. and ask the lotto retailer to print out the results.....enjoy the rest of the day, shopping, meeting people, drinking beer, buying more lottery tickets.....you will have noticed that it took a long long time for those results to be printed, the machine will have 'chugged', could have taken 30 or 40 seconds.......later in the day, return to the same machine, ask for the same print out......it will come to you in 3 seconds flat......this is analogous only, but is real-time evidence that winning numbers and menus are, after first light, stored in the machine you are accessing at the lotto retailer.......in the same manner, your winning lottery tickets have been separated from the general population of tickets.....the delay is caused simply by asking the programme to enter and depart a number of buffer zones......the reasons for the separation include the neccessity of attempting to determine the prize payout for shared jackpots.....as well, the lottery corporation subscribes to an older IBM 4300 SERIES FOR some of their tasks, machines which after midnight are pretty much booked with government class A jobs at a cheaper price...they, too, watch their pennies.......hope this has been helpful...:)

Arthemis

buffer

thanks for you feedback :)

You are right regarding the buffer, the network use the ability to
storage winning number, but I was talking about board from draw which was not out yet.

ie: u have a batch a ticket (board) u go to validate them just few hours before the draw. what happens often is that on the 4 tickets one of them have at least 3 winning numbers and specially the one which is print out much more slowly that the 3 others one, (which are not winner).

I know this fact as I am watching the time that each ticket take to be validate and when one of them take twice of the reg time that the others takes, u can be sure that it is a winning with 3 num (min) inside.

I am just wondering why this? and specially now that u refresh my mind about buffer ability... to conclude ?

daleks

i do not understand how you can validate a ticket a few houre before a draw, assuming that ticket is for the same draw.....if not, what i stated holds...

daleks

so are you "validating" that board, or are you giving it to the machine to print out a new ticket.......a little confusing, but please do not start conspiracy theories....:)

Arthemis

don't be confuse :) , yes I am validating that board , I am just
finding the delay strange, do it your self, if you validating few boards check the time it tacked for each one of then;

if you find out that one of them have at least 3 good numb on it (after the draw), just try to remember if it printed (for validating) out more slowly than your none winning ticket , that all, and let us know...

Brad

Would like to humbly interject and ask if possibly the words submit and validate are creating confusion ... ie: submit a board ... validate a ticket ??

Beaker

Arthemis said:
don't be confuse :) , yes I am validating that board , I am just
finding the delay strange, do it your self, if you validating few boards check the time it tacked for each one of then;

if you find out that one of them have at least 3 good numb on it (after the draw), just try to remember if it printed (for validating) out more slowly than your none winning ticket , that all, and let us know...
Arthemis, I think I agree with you - validating a non-winning ticket is very fast, almost no delay - a winning ticket takes a little longer - there is a definite difference.

I don't know why and I'm not sure it matters. :confused:

Ben

Beaker said:
Arthemis, I think I agree with you - validating a non-winning ticket is very fast, almost no delay - a winning ticket takes a little longer - there is a definite difference.

I don't know why and I'm not sure it matters. :confused:

Non-winning ticket.........is for Garb. nothing to record....
winning ticket.....computer need more time to record all information....prize, and who pay for the ticket (store). for repayment....
printing non-winning ticket....text is same all time
printing winning ticket same text all time + amount to pay

Last edited:

Sidebar