What about using non-lottery software?

Anyone had any luck using software not specifically intended for lottery use?
Stuff like
Mathematica 4.0/4.1, Maple 7 or MatLab 6.1 ?
How about MathCAD (is it any good? not just for lotteries)
I am way behind on the learning curve, but MatLab has a toolbox for creating predictive neural networks.
For the most part, no lottery software actually shows you the modifications it makes when predicting and subsequently correcting based on input (training)... that's what I'm really interested in seeing happen, I'd like to see the math inside the "black box" as formulas adjust and evolve. (would be nice if it would produce winning numbers, but odds are against it)

I have MatLab R13 (6.5) and the add-ins for fuzzy logic, neural networks and statistics... but I have no idea how to apply it to the lottery problem, the tutorials don't seem to cover the problem at hand, mainly because you give inputs and recieve outputs, but the temporal component (date) is not factored in...
anyone know how to do that?

LT

Administrator
Hi hypersoniq

I'm not qualified to answer your query. Dennis would be a much more able person to answer this as he is a math teacher. But I can pass along some second hand info. My brotherinlaw teaches stats, probabilities etc at a college in Quebec. He uses Mathematica and other like programs. We have had numerous conversations re Lotto 649. He and his colleauges have tried to crack the lotteries - 649 S7 etc with those tools and their collective academic skills but to no avail as of yet :(
If he does win I'm counting on him to share with family :D

charles2

I use to mess with neural network software a few years back and tried it for a year or so, never won more than $10 with 649 !!:dang:

i wanted to try chaos theory but my math isn't THAT good :lol2:

LT

Administrator
my math isn't THAT good

Well Charles2 .. for someone whose math isn't that good we have all noticed how well it works with Pick 3 :agree:
You have done great with your predictions :agree2:

charles2 said:
I use to mess with neural network software a few years back and tried it for a year or so, never won more than $10 with 649 !!:dang:

i wanted to try chaos theory but my math isn't THAT good :lol2:
Same thing here...You have to invest lots of time in it to get better results... I really like this approach...In the end you would be as good working with Winhunter and strangely you would look for the same criterias... :agree:

LT said:
Well Charles2 .. for someone whose math isn't that good we have all noticed how well it works with Pick 3 :agree:
You have done great with your predictions :agree2:
I never really played pick three regularly but if I ever play it that way I know who to ask for advices...Keep it up Charles! :agree2:

winhunter

Ideas

Dennis Bassboss said:
...In the end you would be as good working with Winhunter and strangely you would look for the same criterias... :agree:

Dennis,

Even as the author of WINHunter, I somewhat agree with you. WINHunter still has very FEW tools in it's tool box. But that is where my presence on this board comes in. I hope to gleen ideas from members like you to build Processors, Triggers and Selectors for WINHunter. Looking at the results of the Trials last month, the results indicate that user designed stacks so far do not beat out Random selection.

One of the tools I intend to add some "chaos" theory to is the O-scope selector. I want to feed a past history "variable" into the feedback data for the sinewave function. This would then cause the sinewave to change with the changing draw data!

Also, very little has been said about the use of Triggers in WINHunter. A trigger is intended to activate a Filter by a certain set of criteria in the drawing history. This then makes a particular filter reactive to ONLY certain portions of Drawing history. No other lottery software has any function like this that I know of.

Do I think WINHunter has too many tools already?
NO!
I think WINHunter doesn't have enough.

Will too many overwhelm the user?
NO!
I think more tools available to the user will make more dynamic stacks that might actually be successful in accomplishing the goal I have had for WINHunter, which is to consistently predict numbers ( as many as possible, including jackpots.)

Andrew

Sidebar