Urban legends...

Did you watch TLC yesterday ...Hum maybe it was The discovery Channel...anyway there is a show on urban legends...yesterday they talked about that story of the policeman in New York city....The guy ate in a restaurant but did not have enough money to pay his bill one dollar was missing...so he told the waitress that he could pay her with a lottery ticket...he said that if he'd won he'd share half of the money earned with her...She accepted....He asked the lady to give 3 numbers and he chose the other 3...
Believe it or not the guy won 6 millions dollars....
He went back to the restaurant the day after and shared half of the jackpot with that waitress...
I have heard about that story before but I did not believe it...
But it was a true story...
The New York lottery commission even used that true story for marketting purposes ...

This one was a shocker... :eek:

thornc

This seems like the story of the movie "It could happen to you..." with Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda!

Maybe there's a connection ??

Irvin

Sounds like the movie alright.

I wonder if the police officer got together with the waitress and his wife took off?

Just like the movie :lol:

Good soppy movie.

WEIRD...

OKAY..HONEST TO GOD..THIS IS A TRUE STORY.....:agree:

THERE IS A GUY WHO LIVES IN KITCHENER,ONT. AND HE WON 250,000 ON ENCORE ABOUT SIX YEARS AGO.

HIS NAME IS THE SAME AS MINE..ONLY HIS LAST NAME IS SPELT DIFFERENTLY[although it is pronounced the same].AND THE LOCAL PAPER TOOK GREAT PRIDE IN PUBLISHING THIS IN THEIR PAPER.

YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW MANY PHONE CALLS I RECEIVED FROM CHARITY'S...LET ALONE PEOPLE I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM IN MANY YEARS........MIND BOGGLING TO THINK HOW MUCH YOUR LIFE WOULD ACTUALLY CHANGE IF YOU ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO LAND THE BIG ONE...:dizzy:

SO HERE IS A QUESTION...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF YOU DO WIN??????? [this could be very interesting]
I KNOW WHAT I'LL DO WHEN THE DAY COMES...:agree:

I SWEAR TO GOD..IT'S A TRUE STORY

peter

Lucky strike, I believe you, I get stopped all the time people thinking I'm Robert Redford, up in Canada making a movie.:lol:

Irvin

hmmm If I win I might change my name.

John Doe......oops I mean John Smith.

Already decided what I will do on the big day.......Run.

Seriously though I will donate to 3 charities in NZ - IHC, SPCA and Asthma association.

Anyone who finds out and comes begging will be wiped from my list.

Set up a family trust fund and purchase items for family members to use but not keep.....I think this gets around gift duty.

Ie if I buy a house then the family member can use it until they die. The trust will take care of maintenance, rates insurance etc.

There will be a clause though just incase.

We pay heavily on taxes for gifts over $27,000 and the last thing I want to do is give money to the Govt.

Randal

Do you look like Robert Redford or something Peter?

Anywhoo, I enjoyed your story LuckyStrike, if I did win the lotto I think I'd go visit my grandma in B.C. A.S.A.P. just to get out of the city and away from everyone who thinks I owe them something. :lol:

peter

Randal said:
Do you look like Robert Redford or something Peter?

Anywhoo, I enjoyed your story LuckyStrike, if I did win the lotto I think I'd go visit my grandma in B.C. A.S.A.P. just to get out of the city and away from everyone who thinks I owe them something. :lol:
Going to B.C. from Manitoba randal, would not be possible for you,There is a long fence in between Saskatchewan and Alberta, that keeps out Rats, Did you not know Alberta is rat free.:lol:

Randal

Well then I'm going to New Zealand!!!!! It must be nice there, Irvin keeps talking about it. I gotta try this Kiwi beer too.

Irvin

Peter,

Have you seen the teeth on a tazmanian devil.

Beats a shark bite any day.

No fence will stop little old tazzy
:lol:

peter

Irvin said:
Peter,

Have you seen the teeth on a tazmanian devil.

Beats a shark bite any day.

No fence will stop little old tazzy
:lol:
Just the spinning alone would drive you silly, never mind the 4% beer.
P.S. Randal, although I have never been to Kiwi land, it would difinately be on my list of places to see, if I would win the lotto.:agree2:

peter

Irvin said:
Randal,

Any time buddy.

We can do a pub crawl from Kaitaia to Bluff......about 2000km (1250miles)
It's o.K. Irvin, no need for conversion, we understand metric in Canada land, it's the damn yankess and most of the rest of the world that don't.
I grew up in imperial, and the Damn governmentment made us switch 20 yrs ago, now I can't remember imperial.:sick:

peter

Irvin said:
I forgot to mention that 4% beer is lite beer :lol: :lol:
Well hey Mate!, I'm glad you mentioned it, that makes a whole world of difference, I did'nt think you Kiwi's were into drinking pee water.:lol:

Sidebar