Uninstall 'clean-up'

Brad

Recently I uninstalled a few 'old' prog versions and installed new ones. While in the process I literally stumbled onto a prog that showed previously unistalled progs, their status ... some were only partially 'gone' ... and other useful info.

At the time my focus was elsewhere but now I'd like to see that info again ... but can't find it !! Don't know if it's a resident prog on my unit or if it was a part of uninstall of the prog I was dumping at the time. Control Panel ADD/REMOVE does not show the same details, for example it displays that I have a trial version of LotWin but but not the one I removed before (partially it seems now) ... the prog in question did show that.

Have downloaded a free prog sometime ago called RegCleaner but it can't tell me all I want either, or at least I don't think it can.

I am running Win98SE, hoping someone knows what I'm talking about, :confused:

TIA

thornc

Don't you remember even a small piece of the name??

Aren't you talking about RegCleanr instead of MS RegCleaner?

Brad

That's a yes to RegCleanr; wonder if it is MS Reg Cleaner that I'm looking for??...

Just :gunfire: me ... I don't recall the name :dang:, but it did show the info in a better way than RegCleanr.

thornc

The only program doing something like you're stating that comes to mind is CleanSweep (or something like that!) that tracks the program installation and de-installation... But I don't think that's the one you're talking about...

Sidebar