UK Lottery questions!!

has anyone got any hints and tips for the uk lottery?

• yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Hi All,
Ive just joined this forum and am new to all of this!
Can anyone tell me if by using the excel statistical tools add-in can help choose the right numbers for the UK lotto?

I have come up with some was of predicting ranges which is right sometimes, but cant seem to be able to use the standard error and standard deviation? what do these numbers represent?
Also when the stats are worked out, what do the kurtosis and skewness numbers represent in relation to the mean and meadian?:wavey:
thanks
hope my questions are clear
kind regards
alphil2001

Re: To Dennis

GillesD said:
It is odd. Every time I comment on one of your post (and I certainly do not have time to comment on all of them), you blast me and usually not in a kind manner.

Yet you always refer people to me. You also always answer back trying to justify your attitude. You are always right.

So please be constant and forget about me. And I will do the same about. It is very easy to post generic comment about such and such numbers due to come out, since now you do no longer provide any facts about your predictions.

Cheer up man.
Jealousy, hate and negatives comments will not bring you anything Gilles.... :no:

Pardon?

Have I stumbled into an argument here, is this site, just for people to moan at each other and bicker???? I'm very disapointed guys.

If you can help me with any hints and tips I would be very greatful, otherwise if I do come up with any pearls, then I will be keeping them to myself

Thanks for nothing guys!
Phil
:bawl: :dang: :dang: :dizzy: :eek:

Re: Pardon?

alphil2001 said:
Have I stumbled into an argument here, is this site, just for people to moan at each other and bicker???? I'm very disapointed guys.

If you can help me with any hints and tips I would be very greatful, otherwise if I do come up with any pearls, then I will be keeping them to myself

Thanks for nothing guys!
Phil
:bawl: :dang: :dang: :dizzy: :eek:
Sorry I would gladly help you but I can't help you with excel simply because I do not use it at all! As for hints and tips you should check under the International section...you should find some jewels there from time to time... :agree: :agree2:

hot4

alphil2001 said:
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if by using the excel statistical tools add-in can help choose the right numbers for the UK lotto?

I have come up with some was of predicting ranges which is right sometimes, but cant seem to be able to use the standard error and standard deviation? what do these numbers represent?
Also when the stats are worked out, what do the kurtosis and skewness numbers represent in relation to the mean and meadian?:wavey:
thanks
kind regards
alphil2001

You have to be more splicit; what data do you want to analyse with excel?
If you have a file with past draws of your lottery, you have to count and get frequencies of numbers or groups of numbers and then you can analyse those frequencies.

If you have little statistical experience it will be more difficult.

Let's say you count the frequencies of each number of your lottery during 200 draws as this (this is hyphotetical not real):

Freq of #1: 30
Freq of #2: 33
Freq of #49: 27

You put the frequencies in a column of excel (e.g. from A1 to A49) and select them all. Now you click in Tools Menu and pick "Add-in". Choose Analysis Toolpack and there you have many statistical tests (descriptive , ...). If you choose one, excel just calculate for the selected data you specify.

Excel can calculate many things for you but it's not possible to give you the right numbers for UK.

If you don't know some statistical concepts, just go a newsgroup related and ask your questions there. You see ... lotto players don't like to show their statistical knowledge to others :lol: :lol:

Frank

Beaker

alphil2001 said:
Hi All,

thanks
kind regards
alphil2001
Not sure why you want to calculate kurtosis for the distribution you are trying to describe. Mean and variance (standard deviation) are enough with large samples.

And before all the :baby: start I am familiar with the concept of moment generating functions :p:

Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for giving me the right forum to post to and for the information. I am using the excel analysis toolpak and have used this for some time . I have used a sample of 1` years draws for the UK and also analysed the full draw history, I usually do only use the smaple variance and frequency but just woundered what the kurtosis and skewness figures represent in relation to the rest of the figures. I have had a little success with this method, using the Ball positions and analysing them, then doing the same for the actual numbers and analysing them and determining which numbers to use. So far I have have a lot of 3's a couple of fours and a four and a bonus, I have also had a little success with the UK hot pics (pic only 3 and pic only 4 numbers to win more money)

Thanks again guys
alphil:agree: :wavey:

Thank you

thank you so much for the information nick, your a star. I'll look through your links and let you know how I get on
kind regards
alphil2001

:agree:
:wavey:
:)

PAB

UK Lottery Questions

Hi Nick,

What great sites they are.
It will take a while to sift through them and absorb the relevant information, but hopefuly it will be a good learning curve.

Thanks

Regards
PAB

haukacik

Some other way to improve odds

I personally use one system to improve odds in UK lotto. It goes up to 1:14!!!
It is using special e-lottery system. Those guys have aslo great affiliate program, so you are actually paid2win!!!

I just love that.

Hey guys I hope you will not consider this a spam if I post a link here. It is only answer to your needs.

<<<< Afilliate Ad Link Deleted by LT - Final Warning >>>>

By the way, whould you consider playing 88 lines a week in UK national lottery for only 5 british pounds a good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:

haukacik

what you call spam?

What you call spam???
I think you have no idea what spam is!!!!

Spam is when I send you info you have absolutely no interest in!!!
People are talking about tips and strategies how to win, how to improve odds.
So I gave them what they are looking for.
That is not spam.

Ok I shouldn't use companies name here, maybe.

Anyway anybody interested in my offer email me
<<< email address deleted by LT >>>

Last edited by a moderator:

thornc

Re: what you call spam?

haukacik said:

Ok I shouldn't use companies name here, maybe.

Anyway anybody interested in my offer email me
<<deleted!!>>

Well you can't post email addresses! And that's on the rules!!

Sidebar