tips and tricks for every one

Ben

Hi there,

I am new in this forum, and i see that seniors members are like family member.....Sorry may be my english is poor, am frensh.

i want to suggest for you if we post also : idea, tips, statistics or other in this forum, i am sure many people play lottery stupidly.

In the last 5 years i win:
649--- 2x 5/6
48x 4/6
many times 3/6
super7 --- 6x 5/7
many 3/7 & 3+b /7
and i spend 6$ a week for 6/49 , 4 $ super7 after 12 million jackpot only.....
it is not necessary to spend more than 15 $ a week.
Better to play same combination(s) every draw, make sure that not already goes out or picked.

this is my first post

Numbers NOT To Select When Playing Lotto
According to Lottery expert Gail Howard, Lotto players who select their numbers thoughtlessly or foolishly are destined to lose even before the Draw takes place. By just knowing which number combinations and patterns to avoid, you'll have an advantage over other players--and save money, too.

1. AVOID COMBINATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN DRAWN BEFORE
Many players like to bet the same set of numbers that have won someone else a big Jackpot. By doing so, they're almost guaranteed not to win one themselves. Even in the lowest odds 6 out of 25 Lotto game, the same set of six numbers has a chance of being drawn only once every 3, 405 years! It's practically impossible for the exact same set of six numbers to hit the Jackpot twice.

2. AVOID BETTING SIX CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS
Six consecutive numbers (11-12-13-14-15-16, for example) have never been drawn in any state or international Lotto game. Even five consecutive numbers is a very rare occurrence. In most Lotto games, it has never happened even once.

3. AVOID BETTING ONE NUMBER GROUP
Never choose all six numbers from one number group, such as all single digits, all teens, or all 20's. All six winning numbers being drawn from one number group is highly unlikely - since it has never happened before in any Lotto game.

4. AVOID THE COMBINATION 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The most popular set of numbers most often played is: 1-2-3-4-5-6. Thousands of tickets are bought in each Lotto Draw with this combination. THIS TICKET IS GUARANTEED TO LOSE because the selection is too far out of balance to come up in a random drawing.
The proof of this claim is verified by the Draw results in all the State and International Lottery games. If six consecutive numbers have never been drawn, and six numbers from one number group have never been drawn either, then what chance does the number combination 1-2-3-4-5-6 have?
The least likely combinations to be drawn as winners are those at the tail ends of a bell curve. These are the lowest six numbers and the highest six numbers of any game.

5. AVOID PATTERN BETTING
Pattern betting is a very popular method of marking bet slips. Most Lotto bet slips look like this.

Patterns of numbers marked in a row to make a straight line (either across the bet slip or vertically or diagonally) are very common. Straight lines are so common, they were once played on more than 150,000 tickets --- for just one drawing! Other designs such as initials or numbers also get heavy play. If such numbers won, payouts would be very low.

6. AVOID NUMBER MULTIPLES
Other popular combinations that get heavy play are the number multiples, especially 5-10-15-20-25-30. Such combinations have been played on at least 25,000 tickets in one drawing. If those numbers were to win a US$30 million jackpot, each winner would receive a single one-time payment of US$60.

7. AVOID ALL SAME LAST DIGITS
Many people like to play same last digits, such as 3-13-23-33-43-53, or all the digits that end in seven, or some other favorite lucky number.
Even FOUR same last digits only appear in less than two tenths of one percent of all winnings. Winning sets of numbers with 3 digits with the same last number occur in less than 3% of all drawings. Winning sets of numbers with TWO same last digits occur in about 20% of all drawings.
Now, winning sets of numbers with NO same last digits-- that's what happens most often.

8. AVOID LOW NUMBER COMBINATIONS
A majority of Lotto players like to play the calendar numbers, such as birth dates, anniversaries, and so on. This means that the most heavily played numbers are 1 through 31. Many Lotto games have 40 or more numbers - and numbers 32 and above do come out quite frequently. By ruling out non-calendar numbers, you significantly lessen your odds of winning a Jackpot.
Even if your calendar numbers do hit, you'll probably have to share your First Prize Jackpot with several other winners. An incident like this happened on September 24, 1983, in the New York Lotto. The highest Lotto number drawn was 30, and there were 46 First Prize winners.
If you've decided to try your hand at the different Lottery number selection systems, bear this in mind: the key to success is playing the probabilities.
If you play a pattern that occurs only five percent of the time, you can expect that pattern to lose 95 percent of the time.

Thank you .

Beaker

Thanks for posting that information from Gail Howard. :agree2:

Ben, what system do you use to pick your numbers? You seem to be winning many lottery prizes :agree2:

Beaker

Ben said:
<snip>

7. AVOID ALL SAME LAST DIGITS
Many people like to play same last digits, such as 3-13-23-33-43-53, or all the digits that end in seven, or some other favorite lucky number.
Even FOUR same last digits only appear in less than two tenths of one percent of all winnings. Winning sets of numbers with 3 digits with the same last number occur in less than 3% of all drawings.
Winning sets of numbers with TWO same last digits occur in about 20% of all drawings.
Now, winning sets of numbers with NO same last digits-- that's what happens most often.

This stat does not apply to Canada's 6/49.:dang:

This should read "winning sets of numbers with NO same last digits occurs 20% of the time"

That means 80% of draws have at least 2 numbers with the same last digit

Be careful what you read :agree: :rolleyes: even from Gail Howard - she has it wrong!

Sheba

Ben

I keep on this forum there are many people with GREAT advice and predictions. Got questions we got answers..

Have a great Lottery week!

Sheba...:)

GillesD

Ben said:
Hi there,

Many players like to bet the same set of numbers that have won someone else a big Jackpot. By doing so, they're almost guaranteed not to win one themselves. Even in the lowest odds 6 out of 25 Lotto game, the same set of six numbers has a chance of being drawn only once every 3, 405 years! It's practically impossible for the exact same set of six numbers to hit the Jackpot twice.

Six consecutive numbers (11-12-13-14-15-16, for example) have never been drawn in any state or international Lotto game. Even five consecutive numbers is a very rare occurrence. In most Lotto games, it has never happened even once.

Never choose all six numbers from one number group, such as all single digits, all teens, or all 20's. All six winning numbers being drawn from one number group is highly unlikely - since it has never happened before in any Lotto game.

The most popular set of numbers most often played is: 1-2-3-4-5-6. Thousands of tickets are bought in each Lotto Draw with this combination. THIS TICKET IS GUARANTEED TO LOSE because the selection is too far out of balance to come up in a random drawing.

A majority of Lotto players like to play the calendar numbers, such as birth dates, anniversaries, and so on. This means that the most heavily played numbers are 1 through 31. Many Lotto games have 40 or more numbers - and numbers 32 and above do come out quite frequently. By ruling out non-calendar numbers, you significantly lessen your odds of winning a Jackpot.

Thank you .

Interesting points but in many cases, reality does not follow rules:

True the chances are low, but have you calculated the odds of any randomly chosen combination. I would say that they are only once every 3, 405 years like any other combination.

Maybe a good idea, but even with Lotto 6/49 a fairly old lotery, I can give you 13,981,870 that have yet to come. So eventually, may tomorrow, 6 consecutive numbers will come out. 5 consecutive numbers have already come out (draw #1748)

Sure but any 6 numbers can be part of a group depending of how you define your group. Not 6 numbers in a group OK but up to now in 6 occasions (draws # 191, 644, 932, 1593, 1748, 1765), there were 5 numbers in a gropu of 10 numbers (like 10-19 or 30-39). So it is likely 6 numbers in the same group will appear one day.
Does the combinations A (3-11-12-27-30-35), B (7-9-20-24-26-46), C 13-19-21-31-32-37), D (4-14-19-44-45-48) and E (7-9-10-20-25-26) appears OK? I hope not, because they are all from the same group (I will let you find it).

True but if you had bet those numbers for all draws of Lotto 6/49, you would have done better than expected with random 6 numbers: with 40 x 3WN (winning numbers) and 2 x 4WN against expected 34 x 3WN and 2 x 4WN.
Even better, if you had chosen 6 consecutive numbers starting at 30, you would have got 47 x 3WN and 5 x 4WN

True but go say that to the winners of draw #1748 (with numbers 38-43-44-45-46-47). There were 6 persons with 6WN, 6 with 5WN plus the bonus number and 929 persons with 5 WN. Enough to drive you to bet low numbers.

Beaker

Re: Sorted UK Lottery numbers List

lengoundry said:
Hi to all
I run a UK lottery website, and list all of the numbers ever drawn in the UK lotto draw,did you know that there are
seven possible number combinations each UK lotto draw, up to draw 702 there have been 4,914 combinations to date,and I list them all in numerical order. As I have posted a few links here that have been deleted, I will have to ask permission before I can post the link.?
Regards

Len
Len, I can't for the life of me understand this statement
"seven possible number combinations" If you don't mind explaining this, I'm sure I would be grateful :agree:

Thanks for letting us know the UK lotto has 6 balls + 1 bonus - 49 balls in total, there have been 702 draws and you have them sorted :confused:

Last edited:

dwoods99

Beaker, I think lengoundry means that there are (as you said) 6 + 1 bonus balls in the UK lottery. And there has been 702 draws so far (confirmed with Lotto Pro)... so 7 balls x 702 draws is 4914 balls selected to date (not combinations) ! :dizzy:

Beaker

Re: re-Seven Possible Combinations

dwoods99 said:
4914 balls selected to date (not combinations)!

That was my point dwoods. I understand the 7x702=4914 balls.
but these are not combinations :dang:

lengoundry said:
Hi Beaker
In the UK lotto there are seven balls drawn + the bonus/ball
out of those seven numbers there are seven set's of six numbers
i.e. Draw 702 numbers drawn were 08-14-24-27-29-32-B/B-21
so the seven sets of winning combinations would be

08 14 21 24 27 29
08 14 21 24 27 32
08 14 21 24 29 32
08 14 21 27 29 32
08 14 24 27 29 32
08 21 24 27 29 32
14 21 24 27 29 32

In other words, there would have been one outright winner.
and six winner's who had five numbers plus the bonus/ball
I list all of these numbers i.e 702x7 = 4,914 combination's
I hope that help's
Regards
Len
Thanks Len, I understand what you are providing now. :agree2:

Now, I have to think about why :dizzy:

Do you explode the draws into 1 draw with 6 regular + 6 draws with 5 regular+1bonus for a total of 7 draws for analysis purposes?? :confused:

Last edited:

Beaker

Re: To /Beaker

lengoundry said:
Hi Beaker
No,I only list the seven set's of numbers each draw, so people can see what combinations of six numbers have been drawn before,and thus avoid playing that combination of numbers.
Regards
Len
Thanks again Len. I took a look at your site just to see what you had. I thought you listed them just for look-up :agree:

It raises an interesting question :idea: - explode the draws into 7 for analysis :eek: I'm not sure what that would do but it could be interesting.

Sidebar