Time

Sheba

How come the time shows that is it 1048 and my time is 348. I have the correct time picked from the options. Am I missing or doing something wrong?:confused:

Brad

'Time offset' is not working right, mine should be GMT-8 but had to set it to GMT-3 to display Pacific Time ... that puts me somewhere in the Atlantic east of Newfoundland I think... :D

(see: user cp / edit options / time offset )

Sheba

I changed mine to whatever and the closest I can get it 1/2 behind.
So now im showing 6 pm and they 530pm.. close enough until they fix it..

Brad

Hey Sheba,

do you buy your tickets at a 7-11 store or do you call it a 6:30-10:30 ? ;)

Good luck in tonite's draw !!:agree2:

LT

Administrator
Re the time ... there are several variables in play. I have the board set to EST time but that happens in conjunction with the server's location which also changes sometime. the server's clock could be Pacific time etc. Then there are the regional time for the various members ie Sheba .. you are as far East as Canada allows and Brad you are as far west.
This leads me to a question. When we are all playing the national 649, in Ontario where i am the ticket purchases stop at 8 pm EST and the results come in at approx 9:20 pm. Is the cutoff purchase time the same in all Canadian timezones?

Brad

In BC the 6/49 terminals shut down at 5PM , Super 7 at 6PM Pacific time, except for eastern part of the province where they're on Mountain time ... 6PM and 7PM resp.

Which reminds me, I haven't got my tickets yet :dizzy: !!

Sheba

They usually close here at about 930 Newfoundland time...
We are a 1/2 behind (9pm in Halifax would be 930 Here.).

:wavey:

LT

Administrator
Thanks for the time confirm info Brad and Sheba. It is like I thought that the cut off purchase time is the same throughout timezones which give a ticket purchase time advantage to Sheba on the rock :agree2: but make it short in the day for players like Brad and Combo to buy their tickets :(

renata

Time is out of wack

I've been trying to set the time here and have found it frustrating.
I am in Ontario and the time on the clock is something like 4 hours behind the actual time here. It is now 9:30 A.M on September the 15th. :dizzy:

Brad

Hi Renata,

go to: user cp / edit options / time offset , then use a setting of +4hrs to whatever it shows now, that should work.

renata

Time in

O.k Brad I am now in another time zone and it's as close as I can get within a few minutes of my time.
Thanks again Brad.:thumb:

Sidebar